GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 197 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,447
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,435
Posts1,060,927
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Need Help, Godfather and Omerta, All help is welcomed #48915
11/14/02 11:23 PM
11/14/02 11:23 PM
Qckrun Offline OP
Associate
Qckrun  Offline OP
Associate
Here's what is a matter. In my English 11 class, were are required to do a Historical Investigation Research paper on a Famous writer. I chose Mario Puzo. But the problem i am having is that i am confused about Puzo. Heres why:

What are the real reason's why he wrote the Godfather and Omerta. I know the Godfather was to put food on the table, but come on there has to be a real reason why he wrote it. I mean you just dont come up with a story and write it, unless he was that good. Is there a theme within these stories? What point's is he trying to make?

2nd: Could someone possible Analysis both books for me, and give theme's that are related to both books. I am so confused.

Any insight on both books, wat people got from the books anything will be a great help. I read GF and Omerta, so my mind is little blank. I really need some help. Any help you guys can give is appeicated. Also if you know of any sites that have good things about Puzo, example, critic's talking about his works, or anything.

Thank you,
Chris

I want to die in my sleep like my granfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!
Re: Need Help, Godfather and Omerta, All help is welcomed #48916
11/24/02 08:34 PM
11/24/02 08:34 PM
Silvia Lombardi Offline
Button
Silvia Lombardi  Offline
Button
Originally posted by Qckrun:
Here's what is a matter. In my English 11 class, were are required to do a Historical Investigation Research paper on a Famous writer. I chose Mario Puzo. But the problem i am having is that i am confused about Puzo. Heres why:

What are the real reason's why he wrote the Godfather and Omerta. I know the Godfather was to put food on the table, but come on there has to be a real reason why he wrote it. I mean you just dont come up with a story and write it, unless he was that good. Is there a theme within these stories? What point's is he trying to make?

2nd: Could someone possible Analysis both books for me, and give theme's that are related to both books. I am so confused.

Any insight on both books, wat people got from the books anything will be a great help. I read GF and Omerta, so my mind is little blank. I really need some help. Any help you guys can give is appeicated. Also if you know of any sites that have good things about Puzo, example, critic's talking about his works, or anything.

Thank you,
Chris
It wouldn't be fair to do your work for you (answering those questions), but here's a site that you can find something http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com

Puzo was a history freak, most of his books are history novels.

Best of luck, those essays r tough.

Silvia

Cu scava na fossa ppi so frati, ci cadi dintra iddu.

U pisci fet d'a testa

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again." ~Don Corleone

"Don't ever take sides with anyone against the family." ~Michael
Re: Need Help, Godfather and Omerta, All help is welcomed #48917
11/24/02 09:19 PM
11/24/02 09:19 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Did you even read the books Qckrun? I read The Godfather and I must say that is the best book I have ever read.

How am I not myself?
Re: Need Help, Godfather and Omerta, All help is welcomed #48918
11/24/02 09:35 PM
11/24/02 09:35 PM
Qckrun Offline OP
Associate
Qckrun  Offline OP
Associate
Yea i read the book. Ive read 4 of Puzo's novels. The Godfather is by far the best book ive read, i just need help with connections to the Godfather and why he wrote it. Cause i went a Univeristy Library to look up Articles on Puzo and books on him, and Found 1 book, that was sorta a help, and about 12 differen ok sources to why he wrote and connections.

I want to die in my sleep like my granfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!
Re: Need Help, Godfather and Omerta, All help is welcomed #48919
12/06/02 09:01 PM
12/06/02 09:01 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
There's a book called The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo that might be of some help.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull