GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 58 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,166
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,833
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is it time for non Italians to be made men? #1089399
05/06/24 02:20 PM
05/06/24 02:20 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Considering the lack of prospects of Italian descent in the United States, is it time for certain long time associates in the same standing of Joe Watts, Mike Meldish, Foxy Jerothe, Jimmy Burke, Herbie Sperling types to be considered eligible for entrance into a family as a soldier. The new blood might invigorate and energize the families to recapture their former glory.

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089405
05/06/24 03:47 PM
05/06/24 03:47 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Granted,there are many associates,who are wiseguys in everything but name only.
They are great earners,and exhibit great loyalty and business savvy.
Having said that,I do believe that the Italian requirement should remain in place.
It promotes a sense of brotherhood and belonging,and is the highest honor for an Italian criminal.
I would also submit that in any decent size area,there are always going to be talented Italian recruits.
When Luciano set up the Commission,he saw the value in working with people of all ethnic backgrounds,
but limiting actual membership to Italians to give them a sense of being the elite as well as
reinforcing the blood bonds that united them.
Interestingly enough,at one time Luciano considered ending the "blood and fire" induction ceremony.
He felt that is was a silly throwback to the Sicilian mob,and interfered with his plans to Americanize the Mob and operate on strict business principles.
If the original heads of the 5 Families would have went along,who knows what the Mafia would look like today?
Hell,we could have the Lansky Family instead of the Gambinos. LOL

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089406
05/06/24 03:55 PM
05/06/24 03:55 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Absolutely not.

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089407
05/06/24 04:44 PM
05/06/24 04:44 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
No need. At this stage it appears more of a symbolic thing than something needed if you are a hard core successful criminal. What are the advantages? Back in the day there were many but now?

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089408
05/06/24 04:46 PM
05/06/24 04:46 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The 'Ndrangheta has accepted gypsies into their ranks, granted they lived in Italy for centuries they are Roma or Sinti not Calabrian, Sicilian.

Last edited by Hollander; 05/06/24 04:49 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089470
05/07/24 07:27 AM
05/07/24 07:27 AM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Can most current members actually even find Italy on a map!

British is best....
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089485
05/07/24 02:28 PM
05/07/24 02:28 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
It is an interesting topic cause I feel American mob culture is as much a New York thing as it is Italian albeit the highest percentage of white people in the metro area are of Italian descent. I think Italian American heritage is still strong enough for now but I do think there is a time where they could more become the “American mafia” as opposed to just Italian American. A first step I anticipate them inducting guys who are Italian on their mothers side which could lead to some funny “Italian” surnames

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089488
05/07/24 02:46 PM
05/07/24 02:46 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Sorry to break it to everyone here but the mob doesn't have many young people who even give a fuck about being a mobster in 2024.

I witness this first hand. These kids are raised with a silver spoon in their mouths and actually frown upon organized crime for the most part. They want nothing to do with it which for us is unfortunate because we would love to see the mob go back to what it was in its heyday.

Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089489
05/07/24 03:04 PM
05/07/24 03:04 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The mob isnt a gang where the members have tatoo that show their position on the hierarchy! Its an organization that (should) operate in the shadow. Today given the low quality of many mobsters or wannabes,to have a good,loyal and moneymaker associate is a very good thing and this associates have more respect on the streets that many mobsters.
For me anyway can easly made also the italians on the mother side but after changed the surname. lol

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 05/07/24 03:04 PM.
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089494
05/07/24 03:31 PM
05/07/24 03:31 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
The generation that would have taken over is too far gone. They all moved out of the city and into the suburbs after college and then took legit jobs, many in state government. If not that, they became lawyers, doctors, attorneys, and some stuck to blue collar jobs such as laborers and even owning their own construction businesses. They had children, raised them in good home around kids who came from legit families. These kids instead of being John Gotti, had aspirations of holding the same jobs their parents had. Now those kids are grown up and having their own children raising them to be the same way.

This is the biggest factor as to why the mob is not the same as it once was.

BTW about half these kids are ashamed of the history of their own families who were tied to organized crime over the years. I know that sounds fucked up but its looked down upon in their social circles and among the younger generation in their own family. Also I can guarantee that there is a really good chance we here on this forum know more about gangsters in their own family tree than they even do.

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/07/24 03:36 PM.
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089542
05/07/24 07:07 PM
05/07/24 07:07 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Initiations are a thing of the past anyway, criminal minded people Italian or not, don't need a button if you have the right connections.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: RushStreet] #1089564
05/08/24 11:53 AM
05/08/24 11:53 AM
Providence, RI
T
The_Marble_Guy Offline
Capo
The_Marble_Guy  Offline
T
Capo
Providence, RI
Originally Posted by RushStreet
The generation that would have taken over is too far gone. They all moved out of the city and into the suburbs after college and then took legit jobs, many in state government. If not that, they became lawyers, doctors, attorneys, and some stuck to blue collar jobs such as laborers and even owning their own construction businesses. They had children, raised them in good home around kids who came from legit families. These kids instead of being John Gotti, had aspirations of holding the same jobs their parents had. Now those kids are grown up and having their own children raising them to be the same way.

This is the biggest factor as to why the mob is not the same as it once was.

BTW about half these kids are ashamed of the history of their own families who were tied to organized crime over the years. I know that sounds fucked up but its looked down upon in their social circles and among the younger generation in their own family. Also I can guarantee that there is a really good chance we here on this forum know more about gangsters in their own family tree than they even do.

I agree with this last part when talking about the kids that are coming up now in areas that have been traditionally hot beds for mob areas. The influences these kids are getting now are from social media figures, hip hop figures, etc. Plus the mob to these kids now is what's going to appear on YouTube and all these podcasts talking about it. So the generation that would pass the ideology to them of keeping tradition going is almost over. This next generation coming up, with parents in their 20's/30's won't have any influence on them. I mean just look at the majority of the ages in most families of made guys. It's rare to find guys across the board under the age of 50.

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089570
05/08/24 01:33 PM
05/08/24 01:33 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
There are still large recruitment pools in Staten Island and in certain pockets of the Bronx. You would be amazed at how many young retards are out there still

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: Giacalone] #1089571
05/08/24 02:15 PM
05/08/24 02:15 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone
There are still large recruitment pools in Staten Island and in certain pockets of the Bronx. You would be amazed at how many young retards are out there still

I think the majority of old school mob guys (In their 70's and 80's) would knock these kids over the head with their fist. Way too much opportunity now in the world to turn to a life of crime like they had to do.

These same grandfathers risked so much to provide a life for their family so one day they would be able to live a life that was better than they could have ever imagined. It must break their hearts to see their grandsons wanting to not take advantage of the opportunity to get a quality education and be someone they can be proud of and brag to others about with their heads held high. But instead their grandsons fuck everything up and waste all the opportunity they were given.

I will never understand it.

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/08/24 02:22 PM.
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089572
05/08/24 02:19 PM
05/08/24 02:19 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Absolutely. Like Clint Eastwood said 'This is the pussy generation'

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Is it time for non Italians to be made men? [Re: CNote] #1089576
05/08/24 03:16 PM
05/08/24 03:16 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by British
Can most current members actually even find Italy on a map!

Lol lol

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
No need. At this stage it appears more of a symbolic thing than something needed if you are a hard core successful criminal. What are the advantages? Back in the day there were many but now?

Nicely said.

Originally Posted by Hollander
The 'Ndrangheta has accepted gypsies into their ranks, granted they lived in Italy for centuries they are Roma or Sinti not Calabrian, Sicilian.

+1

Now, I know that if I say this, lots of fanatics might come after me Lol, but from the 1940's up until the 1980's Chicago had more than few non-Italian "bosses" who completely knew on who was made and who wasnt, and also completely knew the Mafia's hierarchy and on who belonged on which spot or which areas were controlled by the Italian made guys. Lots of Chicago's non-Italian "members" grew up with members of the Cosa Nostra brotherhood and so they were able to receive lots of information. Im talking about guys like Guzik, Humphreys, Alex, Patrick, Pierce, Kruse, Yaras, Corngold, the German etc. and if anyone of these fellas ever became an informant, like Lenny Patrick, they were going to give the government complete picture of the Italian Cosa Nostra organization, and thats what Patrick did, meaning he was one of the most credible informants for saying that Carlisi was the boss and DiFronzo the underboss, after Aiuppa's and Cerone's imprisonment, meaning it wasnt Ferriola like most media and government sources said at the time. Another example is from the 1960's or when Frank Ferraro died or was about to die, the Daddano clan was allegedly quite worried on how much Ferraro told Gus Alex regarding the innerworkings of the Italian brotherhood and Accardo was also allegedly worried about it. Thats why by the early 1970's Alex became one of the top 3 or 4 leaders of the Outfit (Accardo, Aiuppa, Cerone (released in 1973/74), Alex) and remained in that position for quite some time, but on the other hand, after Ricca's death or after the death of the old "Capone faction", the whole non-Italian group began shrinking, almost to a non-existence. So regarding Outfit secrets, I dont see much difference between a made guy and non-made guy during those days. Maybe if they kept the non-Italian "members", the Outfit might've been number one crime family in the US even today?!

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull