GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (RushStreet, Lou_Para, 2 invisible), 274 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,817
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,531
Posts1,062,572
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
John Gotti #193107
10/10/01 07:41 AM
10/10/01 07:41 AM
Missouri
Bogus Castellano Offline OP
Underboss
Bogus Castellano  Offline OP
Underboss
Missouri
Did you guys know that he's living in my city?

"It is no secret that organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year. This is quite a profitable sum, especially when one considers that the Mafia spends very little for office supplies."
-Woody Allen

"I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive."

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: John Gotti #193108
10/10/01 10:33 AM
10/10/01 10:33 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

In a nice jail cell.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: John Gotti #193109
10/10/01 10:46 AM
10/10/01 10:46 AM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
From what I understand, he wont be living in your city or any other for that matter, for very much longer.

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: John Gotti #193110
10/10/01 03:04 PM
10/10/01 03:04 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:
From what I understand, he wont be living in your city or any other for that matter, for very much longer.

Dont worry,he'll be with us in spirit.

Re: John Gotti #193111
10/10/01 04:44 PM
10/10/01 04:44 PM
Missouri
Underboss
Underboss
Missouri
Yep, it's true...Springfield MO...

"It is no secret that organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year. This is quite a profitable sum, especially when one considers that the Mafia spends very little for office supplies."
-Woody Allen

"I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive."

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: John Gotti #193112
10/15/01 01:22 PM
10/15/01 01:22 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
By CONNIE FARROW
Associated Press Writer

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Former New York mob boss John Gotti was in stable condition at a hospital undergoing treatment for a blood clot, a family friend said Thursday.

Gotti, who is in the advanced stages of cancer, was believed to have been moved sometime Tuesday from solitary confinement at the U.S. Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, said the friend, Lewis Kasman.

``We haven't been officially told by the bureau of prisons, but unofficially we've been told by an outside source that he is being treated at a local community hospital,'' Kasman said, refusing to identify the source. Kasman spoke by telephone from his home in New York City.

Diane Smith, spokeswoman for the U.S. Medical Center, would not say whether Gotti had been taken to St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield.

``Mr. Gotti is still under our custody and care,'' she said.

St. John's officials did not immediately return a call Thursday from The Associated Press.

Smith said she could not discuss Gotti's condition or care because he has not authorized the release of any information.

Gotti was receiving a blood-thinning medication that requires careful monitoring, Kasman said. He said he did not know where the blood clot is.

Gotti, once the most notorious Mafia don in the United States, was treated at St. John's for two weeks in August as his cancer worsened.

Re: John Gotti #193113
10/15/01 03:07 PM
10/15/01 03:07 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Cheers Eddiethe plumber - cool name. Hey is there a date to that piece by any chance?

The blood thinning medication is making me think what the hell it is. Most pain killing medication thin your blood out anyway. So this must be stronger, maybe pethadin, morphine etc. Or does it have any other purposes?

Re: John Gotti #193114
10/15/01 04:49 PM
10/15/01 04:49 PM
Missouri
Underboss
Underboss
Missouri
If you want updated news, get it from me. I live a few blocks from St. John's and about 20 minutes from the Federal Prison Hospital. Yeah. Go Bogus.

-Woody Allen

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: John Gotti #193115
10/15/01 07:25 PM
10/15/01 07:25 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Ok, we get it, you live near JG (John Gotti, not our Don). You seem to mention it every five minutes.

Re: John Gotti #193116
10/15/01 10:30 PM
10/15/01 10:30 PM
Missouri
Underboss
Underboss
Missouri
You don't get it. I live near JG (John Gotti, not our Don). I seem to mention it every five minutes.

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Bogus Castellano ]

-Woody Allen

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: John Gotti #193117
10/16/01 02:10 PM
10/16/01 02:10 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
the article was written 10/11/01 by the A.P.
at 12noon,i have no idea about the medication
except that if hes on morphine the end is near,it should be interesting to see what happens in the gambino family after hes gone.

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: eddietheplumber ]

Re: John Gotti #193118
10/16/01 02:40 PM
10/16/01 02:40 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
GOTTI NEARLY DIED IN CELL

By MURRARY WEISS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Gotti

October 15, 2001 -- REPUTED mob boss John Gotti collapsed in his prison-hospital cell last week and lay bleeding for hours before prison officials discovered his nearly lifeless body.
Only an emergency transfusion of pints of blood saved the Dapper Don after federal officials had him rushed to a private hospital in nearby downtown Springfield, Mo., a law-enforcement source said.

The steely Gotti, who is battling the final stages of terminal throat and neck cancer, rallied inside St. John's Medical Center, where he remained surrounded by heavily armed guards.

Gotti, the 60-year-old reputed head of the Gambino crime family, was scheduled to be moved back to the federal prison hospital last night, the source said.

His latest brush with death came Wednesday, when a blood clot apparently caused him to collapse in his cell. He lay on the floor until a prison attendant discovered him during a routine check.

Once he was treated at the St. John's complex, the fragile Gotti stabilized and began quickly demonstrating his old powerhouse spark.

Under law, Gotti can go to court to try to force the feds to keep him in a private hospital. But sources say he again made it clear he wants no favors from prison and FBI officials, who he believes have kept him under draconian conditions for years to break his spirit.

"His attitude is that you do not ask for anything," another law-enforcement source said. "He won't allow it, and he won't allow anyone in his family to do it."

Despite his rebound over the weekend, Gotti's fight with cancer is taking its toll, and his body is betraying his iron will.

"He is still John Gotti, the person everyone knows," another source said. "But he does not look like the John Gotti of old."

"How much can anybody take?" another law-enforcement source said, recalling last spring, when physicians predicted Gotti's days were numbered.

Prison officials, who routinely decline discussing inmates, were not immediately available yesterday for comment.

Re: John Gotti #193119
10/16/01 06:43 PM
10/16/01 06:43 PM
Missouri
Underboss
Underboss
Missouri
Hmmm...I didn't hear that.

-Woody Allen

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: John Gotti #193120
10/16/01 07:23 PM
10/16/01 07:23 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Bogus Castellano:
Hmmm...I didn't hear that.

I thought I could count on you for updated news.

Re: John Gotti #193121
10/25/01 12:38 PM
10/25/01 12:38 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
Sad Birthdays for the Gottis
As a sick and dying John Gotti lives out his final days in a Springfield, Missouri hospital, his wife remembered to send their son Frank Happy Birthday wishes for the 21st time since he died in a tragic car accident in 1980.

As she has done every October 15, Victoria Gotti expressed her entire family's undying love for Frank Gotti in paid "In Memoriam" notices in the New York Daily News. Frank was 12 years old when he was killed a few blocks from his Howard Beach, Queens home as he rode a borrowed minibike.

Gotti, who will be 61 this weekend – his 11th consecutive birthday in federal prison – underwent surgery in 1998 after he was diagnosed with head and neck cancer.

Two years later, the cancer re-emerged with a vengeance. His condition is considered terminal. In recent months, he has reportedly been at death's door several times, surviving each time.

Re: John Gotti #193122
10/25/01 02:44 PM
10/25/01 02:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

That's all well and good, Eddie, but remember that John Gotti is a thug and stone-killer at heart while you sympathize with his family. John Gotti ordered John Favara to be sawn to pieces with a chainsaw, then dumped with his car so no evidence could be linked to it. Conveniently, he and his wife were on holiday in Florida at the time, and he received confirmation of the murder through a coded telephone conversation. Favara had been advised by a priest to avoid the Frank Gotti funeral, and to avoid the Gottis' completely. He and his family often received nuisance calls and threats from anonymous mobsters, and Gotti's wife actually senselessly assaulted him with a steel bat as he was heading to work. Favara did no press charges.

In his prime, Gotti also ordered the deaths of countless other individuals, and also murdered a family man and small time hood named James McBratney to earn his Cosa Nostra stripes. He had absolutely no qualms about seeing his freshest victim, Paul Castellano, lie dead on the sidewalk of a busy New York street. He also badmouthed his underboss on a somewhat frequent basis, thus when came the time for trial, he wanted Gravano to take the fall along with Locascio.
Sent away from life, he got in a fight with a black inmate, got his head smacked in pretty bad, then got cancer and enjoyed a steady flow of pity mail. As if all the men he had eliminated in a life of crime were not sufficient, he also put a contract on the life of his former consigliere, Frank "Frankie Loc" Locascio. 68-year-old Frank was moved to solitary confinement as a result of Gotti's threats and has since been in lock down, despite appeals from his lawyers. Perhaps Gotti's last victim.
I dont feel sorry for John nor his family. They're all animals, from his drug trafficking brother and his acting boss brother, to his mafia boss son and violent wife. The only person who perhaps deserves merit is his daughter Victoria, who despite her closeness to the elder Gotti has managed to stray away from that life and is a reasonably decent article writer for the NY Post.

For more information on Gotti's irresponsibly vicious actions on John Favara and his family in 1980, follow these two links:

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column249.htm

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column218.htm

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]

Re: John Gotti #193123
10/25/01 02:59 PM
10/25/01 02:59 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I read one of the books she wrote. It was pretty good, although I can't recall the name of it. I agree that he was a ruthless killer, but I still can't be happy about hearing about his condition. I also have to admit that when he was on trial for murder the last time that a small part of me was hoping he would be acquitted, to add to the Telflon Don reputation.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: John Gotti #193124
10/25/01 03:15 PM
10/25/01 03:15 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
j.m.-i do not sympathise with john gottis family
or do i agree with his actions past and present,
it was not my intention to piss you or anyone else off,it was news on gotti so i posted it,i am
a firm believer that what comes around goes around,since he is obviously dying of cancer it
goes a long way to prove that theory,once again its a gotti post on a gotti subject,once again i am sorry for pissing you off.

:note:when he dies,youll have more then enough people to be pissed at,his family will get more attention and sympathy then half the people in the new-york wtc disaster.so save up your anger and wield it at them,i notice you are up north,
do you live there as in born and bred,or did you have a bad experiance with johnny boy,you know a awful lot about johnny,more then that capeci knows---

don marco-victoria is also his daughters name,
she is a mystery writer,actually a good one. :rolleyes:

Re: John Gotti #193125
10/25/01 03:22 PM
10/25/01 03:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

Sorry Eddie, I didn't mean nothin with it. Fuggedaboutit. You know alot about the mob and that's a sign of interest, since most people pretend to know this and that but in reality just read Capeci or watch Bruce Mouw interviews etc etc. I'm not pissed at you or anyone else, but I am just a bit apalled by the hypocricy of it all. Victoria Gotti Sr, and the other older folks all post up messages hailing Frank Gotti a hero and missing him dearly, in fact it usually fills up two pages of the paper. But the fact is, she agreed and was pleased to hear of John Favara being murdered, and never gave a second moment's thought about his wife, who declared him dead in 1983 and moved away.. her life shattered. Furthermore, I agree that the Teflon Don mystique was pretty seductive, it's like a cornerstone of New York in a way, and I myself too did sometimes wish that Gravano didn't roll and that Gotti would've walked out a hero again. But when I think of it, he was a criminal, and he deserved what he got.. in fact he should've gotten it long before. Carmine Persico was only 49 when he was sentenced to 100 years in the Commission trial, and he never caused half the mayhem that Gotti did to himself and to his crime family.
I always thought Frank Gotti died on March 18, 1980 though. I might be wrong. In any case they will get the annual publicity.

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]

Re: John Gotti #193126
10/25/01 03:34 PM
10/25/01 03:34 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
I know who you are from another site,you seem to have a grudge against the gambinos post(death)big
paulie,you also seem to have found yourself addicted to gangland,i have found you more receptive to other families who have done the same things,colombos,joey merlino,paul costellano
etc.just curious about your rage,personel or business.

Re: John Gotti #193127
10/25/01 03:53 PM
10/25/01 03:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

Well, other than his clothes, I liked nothing about John Gotti. That's the simple truth. I always admired Vincent Gigante because he was a strict enforcer of mob protocol. For example, when Tony Conigro had Angelo Bruno killed, Gigante had him strangled at a sit down and had money stuffed into his body. When Gotti killed Paul without permission, he tried to have him killed although Gotti seems to evade death wether in the street or in prison. Gigante also avoided facing his 1990 racketeering and murder charges by acting insane, as he had done for sixteen years before after he came out of prison for the Costello hit. That in itself shows his intelligence over morons like Junior Gotti and Anthony Casso. I also very much liked Vito Genovese, although he was considered by many to be deceptive and greedy. For one thing, he earnt for himself and his family, and that is all that needs to be said. Second, he was deceptive because he wanted to sever all links from himself to organized crime. The Costello/Gambino conspiracy to have him locked away for drug trafficking in the late 50s was the only way he could ever have been jailed - by a bum rap. Same for Luciano, Capone and Adonis. Granted, RICO was not existant and the FBI and organized crime task force's knowledge of them was limited, but they still kept their ear to the ground nonetheless. A good example of competence as a modern leader would come in the form of Joseph Massino, who has so far had nine years of freedom and has no intention of going back soon.
The Gambino family never regained its greatness after Castellano, and even though he was headed for prison along with his friends, he would never had flipped or turned on his old friends like Gotti had suggested. This was simply yet another so-called justification for his senseless murder. If Billoti was a bad underboss, then that's a different story... he could've been whacked out without putting that hogheaded wop Napolitean as the new boss. It's in the past now, they're suffering from their mistakes... as are the other four families.

Re: John Gotti #193128
10/26/01 12:44 PM
10/26/01 12:44 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
I too like gigante,very clever,very old school,
runs his faction with a iron-fist,the genovese family probobly right now is the strongest and wealthiest of all the families,made members of 250
or so and well over 1200 associates.very prominent
in my area of the country,as are the gambinos,
big paul made the gambinos very wealthy,some have
reported that during his legacy the family was making 500-million a year,he was probobly my choice as the best don,gotti only reaped those riches by way of terminating paul,then slowly began tapering of and actually going backwards,his
son no better,the gottis are probobly kicking themselves now that they have legalized gambling in certain areas of new-york state.

Re: John Gotti #193129
10/30/01 01:26 PM
10/30/01 01:26 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
Gotti Son-in-Law Sentenced to 9 Years and $10 Million Forfeiture
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS---This article from NYTimes.com has been sent to you.
oct/27/01

son-in-law of John J. Gotti was sentenced yesterday to nine years in prison on federal racketeering and tax evasion charges stemming from a police sting operation, and was ordered to forfeit $10 million in illegal profits.

Carmine Agnello, 41, of Old Westbury, N.Y., was also ordered to pay $950,000 in restitution to his crime victims and $150,000 in back taxes under a plea agreement reached in August.

Mr. Agnello, the estranged husband of Victoria Gotti, a fiction writer, was also barred for life from the scrap metal industry at his sentencing in Federal District Court in Brooklyn. According to court papers, Mr. Agnello's Queens scrap yard business earned an estimated $30 million a year.

The sentencing came three months after Mr. Agnello, 41, pleaded guilty to using strong-arm tactics to wrest control of the scrap-metal trade in northern Queens, where he was more than a little unlucky. One of the businesses he threatened was a front company run by the police.

According to the government, Mr. Agnello had no idea of whom he was dealing with when he turned up at the company, Stadium Scrap, two years ago and delivered a message: sell me crushed cars at a bargain rate or else.

The undercover officers resisted, and Mr. Agnello hired a man to burn down their building, the government said. Armed with gas-filled bottles, the man, John Roberts, tried three times to set the fire, and failed each time. Mr. Roberts was arrested and eventually agreed to betray Mr. Agnello by helping the police.

Government officials said that despite the success of Mr. Agnello's business, he insisted on becoming a made member of the Gambino family in a 1992 ceremony. That ceremony came eight years after he married John Gotti's second daughter.

Mr. Gotti, the former head of the Gambino family, was sometimes heard on government tapes talking of Mr. Agnello with disdain.

"Does he get in the back seat of the car and think someone has stolen the steering wheel?" Mr. Gotti asked his daughter during one jailhouse visit recorded by federal authorities. In another, he described Mr. Agnello as "an imbecile."

Victoria Gotti has reportedly filed for divorce from her husband.

Re: John Gotti #193130
11/01/01 04:04 PM
11/01/01 04:04 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
DOCS RUSH TO RESCUE DAPPER DON
New York Post; New York; Oct 30, 2001; Murray Weiss;
E-MAILED OCT 31 2001 TO

Abstract:
Ailing mob godfather John Gotti suffered another medical setback in a Missouri prison hospital last week, causing doctors to perform an immediate, undisclosed procedure on him as he battles the final stages of terminal neck and throat cancer.

Re: John Gotti #193131
11/02/01 03:32 PM
11/02/01 03:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by eddietheplumber:
DOCS RUSH TO RESCUE DAPPER DON

What's taking so long, why isn't he dead yet? Geez, now I know how the feds felt when he kept walking away a free man - the ripper must be stuck in traffic :p

Re: John Gotti #193132
11/02/01 03:56 PM
11/02/01 03:56 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
I dont get it either,every day this guy falls down
needs to go to the hosp.maybe hes not really sick,or maybe he has a bet on the yankees and hes
waiting till' the series ends.

Re: John Gotti #193133
11/02/01 05:13 PM
11/02/01 05:13 PM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Terminal illness like cancer is not a joke. Wouldn't you hold on to your life as long as you could? I respectfully suggest you should give the guy a break. It is not trivia, it is life/death. Matters for God to decide, not a couple of posters on an Internet message board.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: John Gotti #193134
11/02/01 05:46 PM
11/02/01 05:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

I'm sure his 15 victims over a period of 9 years felt the same way.

Re: John Gotti #193135
11/03/01 12:38 PM
11/03/01 12:38 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
TO DON RICO-I eddie the plumber did not mean any
disrespect to you,you should not compare john gottis problem with your facish for him,you posted
a couple of nice things about me,that i appriciate
greatly,but you should not bring in a post about
letting GOD be his judge,IF I take that seriously
which i have now,does that mean that gotti played
GOD when he whacked out castellano,bilotti etc.
I could name 20 other people that i know of that
have vanished because of that greedy gazzo,when he clipped big paul my family suffered greatly both personally and financially for quite awhile,we did not look for sympathy or retaliation,but one man did and failed,and thats
to bad may john gotti rot in hell eternally!

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: eddietheplumber ]

Re: John Gotti #193136
11/03/01 02:04 PM
11/03/01 02:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

My prayers are with Vincent Gigante and his family. Paul Castellano, John Favara r.i.p.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull