GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 701 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,966
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,678
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,548
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,918
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224129
10/20/05 10:01 AM
10/20/05 10:01 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
I bought this game last night for $22, after trading in two games I no longer play. I wasn't gonna pay full price for a game that has the makings of being another crappy film-to-videogame...er...videogame. I read the reviews (which are, surprisingly, overwhelmingly good) so I thought I'd check it out for myself. I played the first 3 missions last night, and I gotta say, I'm impressed. I haven't played the game enough to warrant a full review or a final score, but suffice it to say, Rockstar has stayed true to the spirit of the film, while adding it's signature touch of "maturity" to the game.

The game starts out three months before the meeting with Cyrus (Caaaaaaaaaaaaaan youuuuuuuuuuuu dig iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?) The first mission shows the initiation process of Rembrandt, whom I like to call "the tagger." Rockstar worked with the original film makers, and crafted (from what I've played so far) a decent backstory to go along with the game. Right now I'm on a mission where I'm caught in a ruffle with The Baseball Furies. There's three of my guys against like 10 of their's. I got my ass handed to me before I turned off the PS2 last night. Even on the easiest difficulty settings, the AI is brutal. They don't just attack one at a time, and wait for you to kick one of their asses before another attacks. They dive at you, attacking from all sides. One will hold you whilst the other pounds the shit out of you. Teamwork is key in this game.

At this point, I can't give a full recommendation, as I haven't played through the entire game yet. But I have to say this: To all who are skeptical that this is just some half-hearted remake of a cult-film, don't be so sure. Give it a shot. I'll have my final score in a week or so.

Can you dig it? (sorry RRA )

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224130
10/20/05 11:04 AM
10/20/05 11:04 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
No man, don't be sorry. Unlike the new Director's Cut, THE WARRIORS videogame looks pretty damn awesome, and you gotta love that game-movie clip with the Warrior soldier saying "Boo!" for which it causes a bum gangbanger to fall off a roof.

You know what sucks though? My PS2 is screwed up. My guess is that the Laser-Reader on my system won't accept to play the games.....What should I do?

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224131
10/20/05 12:58 PM
10/20/05 12:58 PM
New Jersey
don vencent Offline
Underboss
don vencent  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
word i'm gone to get it today

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224132
10/22/05 07:07 PM
10/22/05 07:07 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Ok, I picked up The Warriors for XBOX at EB Games today. From playing the first level and a rumble, I must say I'm very impressed with this so far. Graphics-wise it isn't the greatest, but it captures the gritty feel of 1979 New York. The fighting system is easy to use and the rage meater is a nice addition. The mugging and stealing mechanics are also simple, so you can pick this baby up and play. Don't worry, if you're like me and you've only seen parts of the film, you won't miss anything. This begins three months prior to the beginning of the film. I wouldn't recommend it yet, as I haven't gone deep enough to give it a rating, but so far, I DIIIIGGGG IIIIITTTT.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224133
10/23/05 12:30 AM
10/23/05 12:30 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Your avatar really disturbs me.

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224134
10/23/05 01:52 PM
10/23/05 01:52 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL

Hey, how's it going?
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224135
10/24/05 06:29 AM
10/24/05 06:29 AM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
No man, don't be sorry. Unlike the new Director's Cut, THE WARRIORS videogame looks pretty damn awesome, and you gotta love that game-movie clip with the Warrior soldier saying "Boo!" for which it causes a bum gangbanger to fall off a roof.

You know what sucks though? My PS2 is screwed up. My guess is that the Laser-Reader on my system won't accept to play the games.....What should I do?
But are you sure it's the Laser-Reader...
3 months ago I had the same guess Laser-Reader...
But I was wrong it was fan...
I took it to the "FIXER" and the second day it was reading!!!
at that same day I I kicked Undertakers ass in SD! vs RAW

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224136
10/24/05 12:44 PM
10/24/05 12:44 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Thanks Don.....I really need to send my PS2 to someone to fix whatever the hell is wrong with it.

Anyway, how much did it cost you?

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224137
10/24/05 03:08 PM
10/24/05 03:08 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Well I'm from the middle east

and it was cheap...
I dunno what he did actually he said there's something wrong with the fan something like dust or somthing...
but it was cheap...

It's better to check with someone pro in these stuff...

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224138
10/25/05 10:19 PM
10/25/05 10:19 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
Just finished the game, so now I can give my final score!

The game is awesome, but be forewarned: it can get extremely frustrating. I don't care how good you are at brawlers, when you're surrounded by 10 guys, and your teammates are all either dead or in cuffs, you ain't getting out of it alive. There are parts where you gotta remain unseen (stealth missions). Some of them are rather easy and fun, but others are...well...frustrating.

The first 2/3rds of the game were pretty good, but its the last 3rd where the game really shines. The last third of the game picks up where the film starts, at the meeting with Cyrus. There are a few parts in this section of the game that are a bit different than the film, but overall, you pretty much play out the entire film in the last third of the game; from being chased by the Baseball Furies, to the final showdown on the beach.

As mentioned before, the graphics aren't all that great, but it doesn't hurt the game at all. The New York in the game is exactly as it is in the film; gritty, almost post-apocalyptic. There are classic posters and billboards around, advertising brands such as a.d.i.d.a.s. and Champ. The dialog is as it should be, and the voice actors pull it off great. Some of the actors from the film voice their digital counterparts, although I don't know if all of them returned to voice their character (save for Marcelino Sanchez, who passed away some 20 years ago). The soundtrack is great, as well.

As I mentioned above, this game can get extremely frustrating in parts. I played through on the easiest difficulty setting, and I still found myself having my ass handed to me at times. The A.I. is brutal, and unforgiving. But your partners are, as well, although there were times where I'd have an enemy mounted, pounding the crap out of em, when one of my teammates clobbered me instead of the bad guy. The most brutal of all enemies, however, are the police. They all carry nightsticks and handcuffs, so if you get mounted by an officer, they can cuff you, and you gotta wait for one of your teammates to get a minute to rescue you.

Like the GTA games, there are plenty of things to do in Coney Island. You have side missions, and while they aren't as varied, and there aren't as many, they're still great time killers. They range from protecting your turf from invading gangs, to taking an overdose of Flash (the health packs of the game) and looking for a foam fan. Problem is, after you overdose, everything becomes blurry, so it's hard to navigate.

There are also various crimes you can commit to gain money. You can mug civilians, steal car radios, and break into local shops and steal all the merchandise. But get caught commiting a crime, and any civilian that sees you will run to the nearest payphone and call the cops, so you gotta take them out as quickly as possible.

There are also various unlockables. Throughout the game, you'll unlock flashback missions, showing how each Warrior came to become a Warrior. These missions are pretty fun, but they are also among the most difficult. You can also unlock different items, such as brass knuckles for your War Chief (which is the character you control in the missions. The War Chief usually changes each mission, to give you control over a different Warrior). The best unlockable of all, however, is the "Armies of the Night" game. It's basically a knock-off of Double Dragon or Final Fight. It starts out exactly like Double Dragon, with a couple thugs kidnapping your girlfriend. You play as Swan, although a 2nd player can come in at any time by pressing Start on the second control pad. In fact, a second player can pop in at any time in the regular game.

Another neat feature are the "War Commands". There are six different commands you can give your teammates:

1) Wreck 'Em All: This command tells your teammates to beat the hell out of all the enemies in the area.

2) Lets Go!: Pretty self-explanatory

3) Watch My Back!: This command is similar to the "Wreck em All!" command, only your teammates will be focused on helping you rather than beating up everyone in sight.

4) Mayhem!: This tells your guys to wreck everything in sight. This command is especially helpful when you're smashing up a store.

5) Hold Up!: This tells your Warrios to stay where they are, and to not be seen.

6) Scatter!: This tells your Warrios to haul ass to a hiding place.

Overall, this game is incredible, and does the film justice in every way. There are some frustrating moments, but ultimately, its a game that no brawler fan should pass up. Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?! CAAAAAAAAAAAN YOUUUUUUUUUUU DIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?!

9/10

***EDIT***
I failed to mention the other little minigames that you can unlock by completing missions and side missions. There's a "Rumble Mode" which can be accessed from the main menu or by the pinball machine in your hideout. It starts out with just two options; a 1-on-1 battle between you and another gang; or a 5-on-5 battle between you and another gang. But as you complete missions, you begin to unlock some different modes, including a 9-on-9 battle, a King of the Hill battle, and...of all things...a wheelchair race through the city. Most of em are fun, but some of them just feel like cheap little add-ons (the wheelchair race).

There are also a few missions where you gotta invade an enemy's territory and leave the "Warriors" tag on the wall. When you're about to tag something, a little graffiti minigame pops up, where you gotta trace the pattern on your screen with the left analog stick. It's not horribly difficult, but it can get frustrating when there are dozen of rival gang members trying to jump you.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224139
10/26/05 05:08 PM
10/26/05 05:08 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
XXX-DC, thank you for that lengthy and detailed great review for what possibly is a pretty damn good game. We all appreciate your thoughts.

"Warriors, come out to pla-y!"

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224140
12/10/05 03:01 AM
12/10/05 03:01 AM
NYC
Donfanucci Offline
Wiseguy
Donfanucci  Offline
Wiseguy
NYC
I have the game for xbox, its great. I thought i wasn't going to like it and i was wrong.

You've got balls, young man! How come I never heard of you before? You've got a lot of guts. I'll find you some work for good money.
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224141
12/29/05 09:43 PM
12/29/05 09:43 PM
Luciano Fanucci Offline
Underboss
Luciano Fanucci  Offline
Underboss
On ruble mode, tehres an option to "Create A gang"
I created one and called them "The Couch potatos" because all of the members of the gang are fat

Omerta.
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224142
12/29/05 11:17 PM
12/29/05 11:17 PM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Wow I heard bout the game didn't know there was a movie whats the movie bout I wanna know before i get the game.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
http://s3.invisionfree.com/This_Thing_of_Ours_2/
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224143
12/30/05 05:16 PM
12/30/05 05:16 PM
Luciano Fanucci Offline
Underboss
Luciano Fanucci  Offline
Underboss
Its about A gang called the Warriors, from New Yorks Coney Island, who are called to a meeting with all the gangs in the city. But after the leader fo the biggest gang in the city is shot, and the warriors are wrongly blamed for his death, its A struggle for the Warriors to get home to Coney Island, with every gang in the city out to get them.

Omerta.
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224144
01/02/06 07:41 AM
01/02/06 07:41 AM
Pietro Morello Offline
Wiseguy
Pietro Morello  Offline
Wiseguy
I completed it within 2 days, very easy, but im a big fan of the movie and whats real good is that it follows how it formed etc etc, the best mission is being chased by the baseball furies near the end.

Scarface and The Godfather=The best movies ever made.
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224145
01/02/06 11:45 AM
01/02/06 11:45 AM
Luciano Fanucci Offline
Underboss
Luciano Fanucci  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, and the burner battle.

Omerta.
Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224146
01/02/06 12:25 PM
01/02/06 12:25 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I want this game bad, but I'm not paying $50 for it. I'll wait for to drop to $29, or become a $19.99 "Greatest Hits" title.

Re: The Warriors (PS2, Xbox) #224147
01/02/06 12:35 PM
01/02/06 12:35 PM
Luciano Fanucci Offline
Underboss
Luciano Fanucci  Offline
Underboss
It started off at £23 here In the U.K

Omerta.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull