GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 410 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,966
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,678
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,548
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,917
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS #336814
10/26/06 03:24 PM
10/26/06 03:24 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Between Rush Limbaugh's drug induced attack on Michael J. Fox (for which he sort of apologized) and the racist ad the RNC put on in Tennessee in the Harold Ford campaign (which his opponent laughably opposes and which the RNC Chairman says he cannot pull), I do not understand how anyone who calls himself or herself a conservative can look themselves in the mirror and not be completely ashamed of themselves.

What would the conservatives do if they didnt have fear and lies to spread around?

To all my conservative friends and non-friends out there, please defend what Rush did and what was done to Ford.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #336819
10/26/06 03:27 PM
10/26/06 03:27 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
My crystal ball says this one'll be a doozy.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: SC] #336834
10/26/06 03:41 PM
10/26/06 03:41 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

"Auntie Em...AUNTIE EM!!!!!!"

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #336907
10/26/06 04:23 PM
10/26/06 04:23 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Between Rush Limbaugh's drug induced attack on Michael J. Fox
What did he say? I haven't been watching the news for the past few days

What would the conservatives do if they didnt have fear and lies to spread around?

To be fair Don T. both sides spread fear and lies so I could ask the same about the Dems.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Mignon] #336911
10/26/06 04:38 PM
10/26/06 04:38 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
As a registered Democrat, I don't think Al Franken or any other media voice speaks for me or for my party. I don't think therefore that Limbaugh's comments reflect on individual conservatives or Republicans. My personal belief is that he and others of his ilk are tremendous clowns. He should be ashamed for things that he says, but others shouldn't.

As for an ad put out by the RNC in a senate race, that's another story. ?I know in PA the Republicans have been getting desperate and personal in their attacks, but nothing that shocks me.

What was it in Tennessee?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Mignon] #336912
10/26/06 04:45 PM
10/26/06 04:45 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
My lucky day!!

I've been waiting patiently for some lib to post about the Limbaugh/Fox news; who would've though I'd get the Harold Ford commercial at the same time!!!

I heard the Rush thing from the beginning; was listening to his show when it started. He prefaced EVERYTHING by stating he was going to talk about a misleading political ad Fox did, and apologized IN ADVANCE, SEVERAL TIMES if he turned out to be wrong but it appeared in this ad that besides telling blatant untruths about the opponent of the candidate he was endorsing, it appeared that Fox was exxagerating his Parkinson's symptoms...Rush said this because prior to seeing this ad, he had NEVER seen Michael J. Fox in such a seemingly advanced state of the disease. He described for the radio audience Fox's 'swaying' motions, and while doing so (as many of us do) proceeded to uconsciously imitate the motions, as one might when trying to describe a certain physical trait. This was recorded on his 'web-cam' which is available to members of his website who want to watch the show. It seems that while playing this video over and over and out of context, CNN has according to some, also SPEEDED UP the tape to make it appear that Limbaugh was mocking, making fun of Fox which was not true.

Again, Limbaugh's main intent was to convey that Fox and those who are using Fox were sending out a misleading, false message in terms of both stemcell research, AND the Republican candidate against which the ad was running.

Turns out as the week drew on it was revealed that Fox in the past had purposely NOT taken his medication that suppresses the symptoms, so that while testifying to Congress he could have them see the complete effects of the disease. It was therefore feasible that he did the same for the taping of this MISLEADING political ad.

Rush has been defending himself all week long, and rightfully so.
For transcript of ALL OF IT from the beginning, including a video of the MISLEADING Michael J. Fox ad in which Fox gives FALSE information about the Republican candidate...anyone is welcome to visit Rush's website.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

If anyone has NOT been listening to the show as I have, and do NOT care to visit the website, then they have no business whatsoever complaining about something of which they clearly know nothing.

I do not understand how anyone who calls himself or herself a LIBERAL can rant about Rush Limbaugh without first KNOWING ALL THE DETAILS, and continue to look themselves in the mirror and not be completely ashamed of themselves. This includes Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar (from 'The View'), dontomasso and ANYONE ELSE who cares to make an issue of this.

As for the Harld Ford ad, is dontom referring to the one in which Ford's father uses the term 'cracker' twice?

Or the other one, which I've also heard and in which there is nothing racist whatsoever?

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 10/26/06 07:02 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: klydon1] #336913
10/26/06 04:56 PM
10/26/06 04:56 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
The RNC is fucking desperate. First off, even the conservative friend Robert fucking Novak now predicts the GOP losing 21 seats in the House.

Then 4 Senate Republican incumbents, all of which if the election was now, they would become unemployed. Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.

Then Virginia, once supposed to be a safe Allen re-election, has become some real heated shit. He's no longer the viable 2008 "Bush Republican" Presidential candidate.

Then Tennesse, that fucker election is so dead-heat.

Really, I want my Republicans here at BB.Net to answer this riddle for me:

Does the GOP in Congress really give a shit about you, or they simply don't want to lose their slick and sweet establishment?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #336915
10/26/06 05:06 PM
10/26/06 05:06 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Rush Limbaugh, a pill popper. Yeah, I would trust him in his knowledge of abusing medication. Right Apple?

Come on folks, live in the real world.

I have a relative with Parkinsons, and I remember seeing Fox on Conan O'Brien back in...2003? Anyway, that fucker was dancing all over his seat. Anyway, he'll get worse like my relative.

Anyway apple, where's the proof?

Besides, Rush Limbaugh is like any political pundit or player that dictates damnation on everyone, but when it falls on him, "I'm a victim!" What a pussy.

Really, him getting busted for pill popping was like Ted Kennedy recently saying that he(!) and Democrats were more "moral" than the Republicans. Fucking hypocrisy.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #336917
10/26/06 05:12 PM
10/26/06 05:12 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
My understanding of the Fox/Limbaugh brouhaha (isn't that a great word? Although I may have spelled it incorrectly) is that Mr. Limbaugh stated that he felt that Mr. Fox was ACTING in the ad, which endorses a pro stem cell research candidate. He said that he had never seen Michael J. Fox exhibit such severe symptoms and accused him of exaggerating and acting, or purposely skipping his meds. And he did say that he apologized in advance if Mr. Fox was not doing so. He also said that what was misleading about the ad was that electing one pro-research senator was not going to make any difference on the issue of stem cell research.

As someone who has a close personal friend who is afflicted with that horrible disease, I can tell you that she does have days where she exhibits more telling signs than other days, no matter what meds she's taken.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: SC] #336938
10/26/06 05:30 PM
10/26/06 05:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC
My crystal ball says this one'll be a doozy.

My Crystal ball says that by Don T generalizing the way that he has done here, he has made himself as bad as Rush. It also tells me that by DonT generalizing those from the right the way that he has done here, he is not really looking for intelligent discussion, but instead is looking to create a problem in this topic.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #336947
10/26/06 05:58 PM
10/26/06 05:58 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Really, I want my Republicans here at BB.Net to answer this riddle for me:

Does the GOP in Congress really give a shit about you, or they simply don't want to lose their slick and sweet establishment?

I can't say one way or the other if the GOP gives a shit about me. But are you saying that every single democrat in the house and senate gives a shit about you? I seriously doubt it. They are all looking out for #1.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Mignon] #336950
10/26/06 06:15 PM
10/26/06 06:15 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Mistress of the Obvious you are!

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #336970
10/26/06 07:17 PM
10/26/06 07:17 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Maybe I should add that to my signature

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #336972
10/26/06 07:26 PM
10/26/06 07:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

One photo says a thousand words...

Regards,
Double-J

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Double-J] #336974
10/26/06 07:42 PM
10/26/06 07:42 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yeah thats so true.

BTW, Sabres lost the Finals. Get over it.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #336990
10/26/06 08:54 PM
10/26/06 08:54 PM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Does any of this B.S. really matter? People are so divided right now this isnt going to change a significant percentage of the votes one way or the other anyway.

Last edited by Nice Guy Eddie; 10/26/06 10:30 PM.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Double-J] #336993
10/26/06 08:57 PM
10/26/06 08:57 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Double-J

One photo says a thousand words...

Regards,
Double-J
Actually, that photo has sixty-three words.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: AppleOnYa] #337113
10/27/06 11:21 AM
10/27/06 11:21 AM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

[quote=AppleOnYa]
I heard the Rush thing from the beginning; was listening to his show when it started. He prefaced EVERYTHING by stating he was going to talk about a misleading political ad Fox did, and apologized IN ADVANCE, SEVERAL TIMES if he turned out to be wrong but it appeared in this ad that besides telling blatant untruths about the opponent of the candidate he was endorsing, it appeared that Fox was exxagerating his Parkinson's symptoms...Rush said this because prior to seeing this ad, he had NEVER seen Michael J. Fox in such a seemingly advanced state of the disease. He described for the radio audience Fox's 'swaying' motions, and while doing so (as many of us do) proceeded to uconsciously imitate the motions, as one might when trying to describe a certain physical trait. This was recorded on his 'web-cam' which is available to members of his website who want to watch the show.

Apoligozing in advance of slandering someone is the oldest rhetorical tactic in the world. Moreover there was nothing "unconscious" about Rush's gyrations which were recorded on his webcam.

Please cite which ad ran calling Ford's opponent a "cracker." You can't cause it didnt happen.

I am not surprised you did not find the other one racist.

I'll say it agin. Rush Limbaugh is a pill popping whoremongering draft dodging coward.

Now I see that Mr. Macaca is running some dirty attack ads in Virginia quoting some steamy passages from his opponent's novel (his opponent was Reagan's Sec of the Navy and his son is in Iraq), but hey, dirty adverising and race baiting is part of the Republican tradition. Its the only way they can win. I remember Reagan beginning his campaign in Philadelphia Missippi, and its been going downhill ever since.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #337122
10/27/06 11:32 AM
10/27/06 11:32 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Well, Rush might know a thing or two about symptom magnification and exaggeration although his memory may be distorted from the narcotics. Wasn't he the same pudgy mothpiece a few years ago who reported his mysterious deafness that was miraculously cured?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #337139
10/27/06 11:49 AM
10/27/06 11:49 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
but hey, dirty adverising and race baiting is part of the Republican tradition. Its the only way they can win.

Like I said yesterday, it goes both ways.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Mignon] #337146
10/27/06 11:58 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
It's interesting.

Last night I was reading my son's history text as he is studying Washington's presidency. While Hamilton and Jefferson battled each other over issues of federal and state powers, alliances with Britain or France, agriculture or manufacturing, a national bank and so on, I was reminded that Washington feared the development of political parties as it would lead to factions and divisiveness.

I haven't read his Farewell Address in years. But I think I will this weekend.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: Mignon] #337147
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

I agree Mignon, both sides employ it, but the Repukes do it more often and they are far more mean spirited.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: klydon1] #337148
10/27/06 12:00 PM
10/27/06 12:00 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Well, Rush might know a thing or two about symptom magnification and exaggeration although his memory may be distorted from the narcotics. Wasn't he the same pudgy mothpiece a few years ago who reported his mysterious deafness that was miraculously cured?

LOL yes, his deafness was the result of his pill popping. Now of course he has taken to gulping Viagara and taking trips to the Dominican Republic where he cavorts with prostitutes. He's a real family values guy...whats it been 6 marriages for him?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: klydon1] #337150
10/27/06 12:02 PM
10/27/06 12:02 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

One of our great national treasures. Here's a link to it:

WASHINGTON'S FAREWELL ADDRESS

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: SC] #337157
10/27/06 12:29 PM
10/27/06 12:29 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: SC

One of our great national treasures. Here's a link to it:

WASHINGTON'S FAREWELL ADDRESS

Thanks for posting that SC. No unnecessary foreign entanglements, no political parties, and a president who had the good sense to step down even though he could have stayed on. No one can debate the greatness of G.W.

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #337160
10/27/06 12:37 PM
10/27/06 12:37 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
No one can debate the greatness of G.W.

I bet Rush could.

Rush Limbaugh: "I apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but whats up with those wood teeth"?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: SC] #337166
10/27/06 01:00 PM
10/27/06 01:00 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #337170
10/27/06 01:15 PM
10/27/06 01:15 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Thank you, SC. You're like a genie. I make a wish that I wanted to read the farewell address and - poof - there it is.

Now having already read the Address, I'll have some some spare time this weekend. It would be nice to spend it with Pamela Anderson. SC?

Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: SC] #337172
10/27/06 01:16 PM
10/27/06 01:16 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I checked out some websites on Parkinsons Disease, just out of curiosity. It seems that the medication INCREASES the involuntary movements. My understanding is that people suffering from the disease see a decrease in dopamine production, which causes them to stiffen. One of the side effects of taking dopamine is an increase in the shaking and involuntary movements. So, if Mr. Fox had skipped his meds for the ad, we actually would have seen LESS movement, not more. And I doubt that he could have faked the shaking, since Parkinsons causes stiffness and an inability to move easily, which I have seen in my friend. I was under the misconception that Parkinsons gives you the shakes, and the medication (in order to stop it) causes the stiffness, but from what I read today, it is the exact opposite. So, I guess that Mr. Limbaugh does owe Mr. Fox an apology.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: RIGHT WING ATTACK DOGS [Re: dontomasso] #337187
10/27/06 01:41 PM
10/27/06 01:41 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

No one can debate the greatness of G.W.

I'm saving this for posterity.

BTW - I like how Republicans are demonized as attack dogs, yet, as "Howard" stated earlier, yet the topic creator uses adjectives like:

Originally Posted By: "Howard"
drug induced, racist, pill popping whoremongering draft dodging coward, dirty, Repukes, cavorts with prostitutes,

But of course, it's the Republicans who are dirty and meanspirited...

but hey, dirty adverising and race baiting is part of the Republican tradition. Its the only way they can win.

So then what is the Democratic tradition? Enslaving the shit out of blacks, forcing them to bear your illegitimate children, and then fighting a war to preserve your institution of bondage?

Good plan there!

He's a real family values guy...whats it been 6 marriages for him?

"Hold on Monica...look out!"

Aww, sorry about your dress.

Yeah, those are some fine "family values" that the democrats are preaching.

Ranks up there with, "Stay here while I...umm...get help...Mary Jo!"

Regards,
Double-J

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull