GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 673 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday DE NIRO.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,718
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,510
Posts1,062,122
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless #430005
08/29/07 06:34 PM
08/29/07 06:34 PM
S
Snj261 Offline OP
Associate
Snj261  Offline OP
S
Associate
For the most part all the people who got killed in the Godfather movies either had it coming or were involved in organized crime. The one notable exception I think is the prostitute who was killed by Al Neri, so they could blackmail Senator Geary. The only thing she did wrong was being Geary’s favorite hooker. Couldn’t they have just taken some pictures of them and used that as blackmail against Geary. Did they really need to kill her? I wonder if Vito would have done this type of killing? Remember Vito said to Tom after Bonasera left. “We’re not murderers”. This killing of the prostitute is nothing but murder.

Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: Snj261] #430086
08/30/07 10:32 AM
08/30/07 10:32 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

They also kill the hooker who had the misfortune of being in bed with Tattaglia at the end of GF I.

With Geary, taking pictures would not have been enough.. he could have claimed they were fakes, and beaten that rap. What they did was far more devastating. Geary is found in a whorehouse in a room where a hooker with whom he has been playing S&M bondage games is brutally murdered. Geary tells Tom he "can't remember" what happened. In that situation he risks being arrested for murder unless he succumbs to the unspoken blackmail. It was Hagen's most brilliant moment.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: dontomasso] #430090
08/30/07 11:04 AM
08/30/07 11:04 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The main reason for the dead hooker scene was visual impact, and yes, to reinforce ruthlessness. But, as dt said, they needed to compromise Geary right there and then. Having him wake up next to a brutally murdered woman, groggy, unable to remember what happened, would give him no time to think--just go along. Blackmailing him with photos wouldn't have had nearly the same impact.

As for Vito: The man who killed Fanucci for trying to extort a couple hundred dollars from him wouldn't be likely to sit still for that "oily hair/silk suit" insult--and an attempt to extort $250k and 5% of the gross of "all four hotels--Mister Cor-lee-own-eee."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: Turnbull] #430114
08/30/07 12:16 PM
08/30/07 12:16 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I think the killing of the prostitute was instructive about the insidiousness of the Corleones. Michael, Tom, Fredo and Nero were all involved in her murder: the hierarchy of the Corleone family all immersed in destruction for profit.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: Turnbull] #430122
08/30/07 12:50 PM
08/30/07 12:50 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The main reason for the dead hooker scene was visual impact, and yes, to reinforce ruthlessness. But, as dt said, they needed to compromise Geary right there and then. Having him wake up next to a brutally murdered woman, groggy, unable to remember what happened, would give him no time to think--just go along. Blackmailing him with photos wouldn't have had nearly the same impact.

As for Vito: The man who killed Fanucci for trying to extort a couple hundred dollars from him wouldn't be likely to sit still for that "oily hair/silk suit" insult--and an attempt to extort $250k and 5% of the gross of "all four hotels--Mister Cor-lee-own-eee."

A couple hundred dollars when Vito was a young man was a lot of money.

But I agree, he would use the same type of violence...as he did with Woltz.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: Longneck] #430172
08/30/07 04:02 PM
08/30/07 04:02 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The whole point about the brutality of what the Corleones did was to terrorize their enemies, and to terrorize their potential enemies. They had to send a message that nothing was safe, and that they would go to any extreme to get what they wanted. No half assed blackmail photos...a dead hooker and a possible careeer ending murder rap sends Geary a much more powerful message.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: GF II: The Corleone family at their most ruthless [Re: Turnbull] #430617
09/01/07 04:25 PM
09/01/07 04:25 PM
O
OliveOilVoice Offline
Associate
OliveOilVoice  Offline
O
Associate
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull

But that was alot of money to Vito at that time. Also, Fanucci got Vito fired from his job, throwing the family in to poverty and near starvation. This lead Vito to his life of crime. Not to justify murder, but Fanucci brought very real and serious harm to Vito and his family.

You can act like a MAN!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull