GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, DanteMoltisanti), 853 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,994
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,401
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,827
Posts1,069,877
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The last time I vomited....... #556621
10/05/09 08:49 PM
10/05/09 08:49 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline OP
MaryCas  Offline OP

South of the Pinelands
The other day I heard/saw a comedian (?) say, 'no one looks good when they are vomiting.' I remember a "Seinfeld" episode where Jerry recalled the last time he vomited. So I was remembering the last time I vomited: July, 2000.

I was vacationing at Fenwick Island, Delaware (Beth E knows this place). We decided to have a bushel of crabs - I think they are steamed with Old Bay seasoning. I must have eaten a bad one because in the middle of the night I was singing to the porcelain god. It went on for hours. The next day I didn't get out of bed until noon. I didn't feel too good during the day, but the next day I played golf, but still felt queasy. Then it struck again at night with bouts of the other end. No doubt, bad crabs and food poisoning. Haven't barfed since. So, it's been more than 9 years. Can anyone top that?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: MaryCas] #556625
10/05/09 11:41 PM
10/05/09 11:41 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Alas, shellfish, among the tastiest things you can eat, are among the riskiest. Sooner, rather than later, shellfish eaters will have your experience, MC. Two weeks ago, we had mussels and scallops at a high-end seafood restaurant here. I had the runs for the next three days... eek

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Turnbull] #556628
10/06/09 12:31 AM
10/06/09 12:31 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I hardly ever vomit, and until a couple months ago when I had to out of the blue in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, I could've said years and years as well. (I still don't get it; I was awoken out of sleep with the urge. And it wasn't from drinking too much -- cuz even then I don't vomit anyway tongue )

But I did have a similar experience many years ago -- trip to DC, 4 of us has lobster dinners at the hotel. Guess whose was bad? Yeah. Was in wrenching pain all night but for some reason I didn't want to "embarrass myself" by throwing up, so suffered through it. Once everyone left the room I got rid of what ailed me and was pretty much fine after that. Tho I missed the entire reason why we all drove down to DC ohwell

Food poisoning will do it, easily. I've gotten it just that once, despite enjoying raw bars (even at Chinese buffets). Haven't puked from drinking since High School or College (don't think my body wants to give it back up lol).

Knock on wood, but I really don't get sick that often. Surprisingly!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: MaryCas] #556634
10/06/09 06:21 AM
10/06/09 06:21 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Haven't barfed since. So, it's been more than 9 years. Can anyone top that?

Wow.... you have a good constitution, MC. I'm good to ralph at least once a year (usually a stomach bug or something similar). I did so a few months back and thought my eyeballs were gonna come out of my head along with everything in my stomach that I ate for the past four years.

BTW - My favorite euphemism for throwing up - "a technicolor yawn".

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: SC] #556635
10/06/09 06:54 AM
10/06/09 06:54 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The last time I was sick was last June, thanks to an older piece of cheesecake from the back of the fridge that I just couldn't resist.

We were down in Florida in June, and decided to have the girls fly back on their own a few days early. It was the first time they've ever flown alone. We thought it would be nice to treat them to a surf n turf dinner before their flight. Typical of Florida in early summer, the skies were alight that evening. The girls flew home in a violent thunderstorm and, between the lobster and the turbulence, my youngest went through several barf bags on the way home.

My older daughter told me that the funniest part was that they were watching Craig Ferguson on the flight. The girls are huge Craig fans. My ill daughter would be laughing at the screen, then would grab the bag, vomit, and start laughing again.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #556636
10/06/09 09:45 AM
10/06/09 09:45 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I had a streak that rivaled Jerry Seinfeld's from the episode to which Mary Cas refers.

ELAINE: You remember the date?

JERRY: Yes, because my previous vomit was also June 29th... 1972. That's why during the '80 vomit, I was yelling to George: "Can you believe it? I'm vomiting on June 29th again." lol

I went from 1992 to nearly the end of 2000. I turned 21 in 1992 and was in college, so there were times when I was tested. That time frame also included keeping the vomit-free streak intact through my own bachelor party, along with bachelor parties of several good friends. Not to say I wasn't green or feeling very close...

My last vomit was August 2008 on vacation in the Outer Banks, NC. I also had some bad shellfish and pretty much lost the entire next day being close to the porcelain bus. sick

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: goombah] #556643
10/06/09 10:17 AM
10/06/09 10:17 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Last year when we had our Mexican night and i overindulged on the old tequila. It doesn't taste as nice coming back up and it tasted pretty foul going down in the first place sick smile

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #556659
10/06/09 10:55 AM
10/06/09 10:55 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I went from September, 1978 to April, 1987 without vomiting. I was a freshman in high school in '78 when I went to school sick. I was just abot to raise my hand to leave to throw up when the girl behind me announced she was sick and asked to be excused, so I couldn't leave then.

July 11, 2004 was the date of my most intense vomiting. We had a party on the 9th, my 40th birthday, and I received a few bottles of whiskey. On the following afternoon my wife took the kids to visit their grandparents for the rest of the weekend, so about eight guys came over to finish the beer from the following night. 3 or 4 of us drank 3 bottles of whiskey in addition to the beer, and I remember being fished out of the swimming pool at 2:30 AM. By 6 am I woke up and discovered the joys of projectile vomiting. I never knew that anything could exit the human body with such force and fury. I was still sick by 10 pm.

But the last time I vomited was on a Sunday morning in May, 2008. Again it was drinking related, but it was mild. I had to induce the vomiting to feel better.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556661
10/06/09 11:03 AM
10/06/09 11:03 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: klydon1
3 or 4 of us drank 3 bottles of whiskey in addition to the beer, and I remember being fished out of the swimming pool at 2:30 AM. By 6 am I woke up and discovered the joys of projectile vomiting.

lol

Now, THAT'S a party!!!

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: SC] #556662
10/06/09 11:07 AM
10/06/09 11:07 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: SC
3 or 4 of us drank 3 bottles of whiskey in addition to the beer, and I remember being fished out of the swimming pool at 2:30 AM. By 6 am I woke up and discovered the joys of projectile vomiting.

lol

Now, THAT'S a party!!!

Yeah, we reminisce about that night a lot. One of the friends got dropped ooff at his driveway, and never made it to the front porch. He passed out on his lawn and was awakened the next morning by the paper boy, who offered to call an ambulance.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556663
10/06/09 11:29 AM
10/06/09 11:29 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
kly, close to a bottle of whiskey per person is TOO much alcohol, wonder how you managed even taking it in, let alone retaining it eek

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: svsg] #556664
10/06/09 11:41 AM
10/06/09 11:41 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: svsg
kly, close to a bottle of whiskey per person is TOO much alcohol, wonder how you managed even taking it in, let alone retaining it eek

My buddy used to drink a fifth (750 ml) of Captain Morgan every time he stayed over (tho it's only 70 proof). He's in AA now. wink Another friend polished a fifth of Jack one time by himself (disgusting). And I'm sure I've had my vodka or gin moments. whistle

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556665
10/06/09 11:50 AM
10/06/09 11:50 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Ya got some funny stories from that night, klyd!

Your mention of projectile vomiting reminded me of one of my experiences with it:

It was around 1995 and my office was throwing a Christmas party. My best friend and I didn't really want to go but felt "obligated" to.... we had both been drinking fairly good in those days and, quite frankly, we would've rather just hung out together enjoying our own fun. Well, we had an hour to kill before the party started so we went to "our" bar and downed about 4-5 drinks (to build up the courage to go to the party). We were feeling nice when we arrived at the party and proceeded to continue drinking at a good pace. Before long I noticed her giving me "the signal" (it was like Carol Burnett's signoff - a pull on her ear) that she wanted to leave. So we went to another bar (it was a Harley-Davidson theme bar). A few more drinks and we decided we better eat something. So, then it was back to "our" bar and about all I remember was stumbling up to a stool. The bartender knew us well, took one look at me and said I'd better have something to eat.... he brought me a big bowl of pasta and the simple sight of it was enough to set me off.... I stumbled into the john and as I was rushing to the toilet it started... a good six feet away from the can, but with perfect aim, I emptied about two quarts of alcohol. Stumbled back to the bar only to see the bowl of pasta waiting for me.... ooops, not a good thing to see. Back to the can, and again, from six feet away emptied out contents that I remember swallowing months before.

OK, back to the bar and without pretense of being a "drinker" I just sat there while the room was spinning. I did manage to see my friend, all 110 pounds of her, happily eating my pasta. Shit!, she had as much to drink as I did, and she was wolfing the food down like there was no tomorrow. The only thing I remember after that was her pouring me into a cab, taking me back to her apartment and throwing me down on the couch for me to sleep it off.

To this day I can't believe (or figure out) how she did that.

I swore off booze for a whole week after that. lol

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: SC] #556670
10/06/09 01:31 PM
10/06/09 01:31 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The only time I got sick from drinking, I hadn't even had that much to drink. It was Mr. Babe's 21st birthday, and his mother and I were throwing him a party. Since it was a surprise, and it was at their house, I did most of the running around. I hadn't eaten all day, and his mother bought Andre Pink Sparkling Wine for the toast (I wouldn't dare refer to it as champagne!). Well, a few glasses of that on an empty stomach, and I was literally incapable of getting off the bathroom floor. Every time I lifted my head, the whole room would spin, and up some more would come.

25+ years later, and I can still feel myself almost heave at the mere sight of one of those bottles.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: svsg] #556704
10/07/09 10:30 AM
10/07/09 10:30 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: svsg

I usually have 3-4 beers on Saturday and/or Sunday nights, and a couple more on Mondays for Monday night football, but don't drink the rest of the week.

But that night the Jameson's went down smooth and easy. I was also stunned that I consumed so much the next day, but at the time I was pouring them down, it seemed fine.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: SC] #556705
10/07/09 10:36 AM
10/07/09 10:36 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: SC
I stumbled into the john and as I was rushing to the toilet it started... a good six feet away from the can, but with perfect aim, I emptied about two quarts of alcohol. Stumbled back to the bar only to see the bowl of pasta waiting for me.... ooops, not a good thing to see. Back to the can, and again, from six feet away emptied out contents that I remember swallowing months before.

lol I feel your pain.

I don't blame you about the pasta. During a night of drinking that's one of the last things that appeals to me. A good juicy cheeseburger or a grilled ham and cheese with fries will do the job for me.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #556706
10/07/09 10:37 AM
10/07/09 10:37 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Well, a few glasses of that on an empty stomach, and I was literally incapable of getting off the bathroom floor.

Funny how it sneaks up on you.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556715
10/07/09 11:03 AM
10/07/09 11:03 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Oh, it's just such nasty stuff, too! And the carbonation rushes it right to your head. The very thought is making me queasy.

I have to tell you, though, nobody can drink like my former coworker and her husband. They have a good 20+ years on us, and we can't even come CLOSE to keeping up with them. The first time we went out with them was to dinner and a Beach Boys concert. We drank martinis with dinner, brandy and Amaretto with dessert, then beer at the concert. After the concert, we went to a local bar and had some more vodka. They then decided that it was silly to keep drinking in a bar when they had tons of booze at their place. We went back to their house (this was after about 5 hours) and started drinking vodka gimlets. At about 3:00 in the morning, after I adopted my superhero nickname of Vodka Gimlet Girl, I told my husband that I either had to go home or I would vomit on their kitchen table. We finally parted company.

Although I didn't get sick, I was immobile for at least the next 24 hours. In the meantime, she showed up at work fresh as a daisy.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #556729
10/07/09 12:18 PM
10/07/09 12:18 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Now that's a question I don't think I've ever been asked before. lol truth is, I really don't remember. I guess that's a good thing. I learned a long time ago that drinking til you get sick is a real drag, rolleyes Those days are long gone,like y youth and I thankfully haven't had flu-type sickness that might cause throwing up. Bottom line, I really don't remember.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #556732
10/07/09 12:24 PM
10/07/09 12:24 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Bottom line, I really don't remember.

The memory is the first thing to go.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: SC] #556744
10/07/09 01:58 PM
10/07/09 01:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS isn't willing to let go of anything she gets at the buffet!!! lol

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556753
10/07/09 03:34 PM
10/07/09 03:34 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
[/quote]

lol I feel your pain.

I don't blame you about the pasta. During a night of drinking that's one of the last things that appeals to me. A good juicy cheeseburger or a grilled ham and cheese with fries will do the job for me.

So what are some of the more popular hangover foods used here? When we first met, my wife used to swear by Ramen noodles. I tend to agree with Klydon - grease is a good remedy for me. I haven't had a ridiculously bad hangover since my kids have been born, but I remember some days where the whole day was spent on the couch in pain.

Drinking on an empty stomach is the surest way to disaster for me. The last time I did it, not coincidentally, was the day I referenced earlier where my 8+ year vomit streak came to a screeching halt. lol

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: goombah] #556757
10/07/09 04:36 PM
10/07/09 04:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I worked with someone once who swore by pickle juice for a hangover. He actually used to keep a jar of it in the office refrigerator and take a big long gulp on those rough mornings.

I also worked with someone who swore by "hair of the dog" and used to keep a bottle in his desk.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #556791
10/08/09 10:53 AM
10/08/09 10:53 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
A McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese does wonders for a hangover. A couple of alka seltzer before bed minimizes the pain too.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #556793
10/08/09 11:02 AM
10/08/09 11:02 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I also worked with someone who swore by "hair of the dog" and used to keep a bottle in his desk.

That's a real theory with real science behind it because the worst part of a hangover is the alcohol withdrawal itself. Unfortunately, it's a good way to become an alcoholic.

I try to only use that method on vacation lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: klydon1] #556794
10/08/09 11:03 AM
10/08/09 11:03 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

A McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese does wonders for a hangover.

That's a Royale with cheese in France. smile

Last edited by Beth E; 10/08/09 11:03 AM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Beth E] #556799
10/08/09 11:35 AM
10/08/09 11:35 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
A friend of mine once awoke after a heavy nights drinking to find he had wet and pooped himself and vomited all over the pillow. Even worse was to come however when in his hand was still a half eaten kebab from the previous night. This discovery prompted fresh rounds of vomiting.

I know this to be true cos he was in my spare bed that night eek panic

Over 20 years ago now.

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #556802
10/08/09 11:37 AM
10/08/09 11:37 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I hope he wasn't in the top bunk, Yogi.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: pizzaboy] #556806
10/08/09 11:39 AM
10/08/09 11:39 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
lol lol

Thankfully no PB.

Spare bed in the spare room....well away from me!!

Re: The last time I vomited....... [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #556822
10/08/09 01:51 PM
10/08/09 01:51 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Now THAT'S drunk!! You Brits are just amazing at it.

As for hangover cures, my husband swears by two aspirin and two huge glasses of water before bed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull