GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ciment), 713 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,785
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,529
Posts1,062,434
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gotti and Rugiero #588528
12/17/10 01:23 AM
12/17/10 01:23 AM
S
shaw83 Offline OP
Associate
shaw83  Offline OP
S
Associate
I always wondered how the friendship between Gotti and Ruggerio was, were they childhood friends? It seems they were real close.

Do you think Gotti would whack out Ruggerio if ordered to?

Last edited by shaw83; 12/17/10 01:23 AM.
Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: shaw83] #588537
12/17/10 05:53 AM
12/17/10 05:53 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
I dont know about that, but in the mafia most murders are done by the victims closest friends. So dont count on any friendship within the mafia.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: Mukremin] #588575
12/17/10 02:47 PM
12/17/10 02:47 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Gotti and Angelo were childhood friends. Angelo was actually the nephew of Neil Dellacroce so that is one reason Gotti became close to neil. Even though Angelo was the closest to Gotti for most of his life their freindship soured at the end because of Angelo's trial probelms. Gotti got more pissed at Angelo because Angelo was the main reason why Gotti's crew was in hot water with Big Paul over drug trafficking because of his big mouth. also by 1989 Gotti had enough of Angelo and actually was about to order his execution but Gravano told Gotti that it wasn't even worth it because Angelo had cancer and was near death anyway. Also sammy said that him and Gene gotti had to drag Gotti to his wake so by the end Gotti didn't care about Angelo anymore

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #588969
12/22/10 05:09 PM
12/22/10 05:09 PM
S
shaw83 Offline OP
Associate
shaw83  Offline OP
S
Associate
Really? I always thought that was Gotti's only real friend since they knew eachother in Childhood. I never thought Gotti wanted to whack out Angelo. I guess these guys are more evil than I thought. I can't wait to read Sammy the Bull's book Witness to the mob. Anyone know when hes getting out?

Thanks guys.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: shaw83] #588973
12/22/10 07:22 PM
12/22/10 07:22 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: shaw83
Really? I always thought that was Gotti's only real friend since they knew eachother in Childhood. I never thought Gotti wanted to whack out Angelo. I guess these guys are more evil than I thought. I can't wait to read Sammy the Bull's book Witness to the mob. Anyone know when hes getting out?

Thanks guys.

They were longtime friends but I in the mafia once you become a problem your life isn't worth much to the higher ups even is they happen to be your best friend

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #589111
12/26/10 01:16 AM
12/26/10 01:16 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
In the book "Gotti Rise and Fall" and the Movie, they make it seem like they were close all the way to the end with Gotti still visiting Angelo regularly on his death bed, even feeding him ice cream.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: Mussolini14] #589137
12/26/10 01:48 PM
12/26/10 01:48 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
In the book "Gotti Rise and Fall" and the Movie, they make it seem like they were close all the way to the end with Gotti still visiting Angelo regularly on his death bed, even feeding him ice cream.

That Gotti movie was a very fictional portrayal. In real life Gotti wanted nothing to do with angelo even when he was dying. In fact His told his son not to visit Angelo even though Junior Gotti considered angelo an uncle. when Gotti found out his son was disobeying his orders he gave his son a beating.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #589156
12/26/10 05:50 PM
12/26/10 05:50 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

That Gotti movie was a very fictional portrayal. In real life Gotti wanted nothing to do with angelo even when he was dying. In fact His told his son not to visit Angelo even though Junior Gotti considered angelo an uncle. when Gotti found out his son was disobeying his orders he gave his son a beating.

Whats your source on this? Or did you just hear it from someone on the boards?

Were you there? Did you see John beat his son fro visiting Ange?

No offence but I'm more inclinde to believe Jerry Capeci than you.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/26/10 05:51 PM.
Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: Mussolini14] #589158
12/26/10 06:16 PM
12/26/10 06:16 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
I can believe what JCrusher said - its the sort of thing John "I'm Mr Wonderful" Gotti would have done

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: Mussolini14] #589167
12/26/10 09:46 PM
12/26/10 09:46 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Whats your source on this? Or did you just hear it from someone on the boards?

Were you there? Did you see John beat his son fro visiting Ange?

No offence but I'm more inclinde to believe Jerry Capeci than you.

Ok smartass. I wasn't there. I didn't hear it from someone from the boards. I reasearch it through things called books. also through FBI agents who say it since they had surveillance basically through his entire pathetic reign as boss. I'm sorry to tell you that John and Angelo didn't play pattycake while he was sick. Angelo said on FBI tapes that he considered John a "sick motherfucker" and a loudmouth. So both of them even though they were friends they could turn on eachother when they were pissed. Now John Junior was upset at Angelo's death since he considered him an uncle. I mean Sammy Gravano said that him and Gene Gotti had to literally drag John to Angelo's funeral. Does that sound like somone who is mouring the loss of his friend? So I'm not saying I know more than everyone but I'm just answering a question. Sorry to sound pissed but if you act like a bitch i'm gonna treat you like one

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #589258
12/27/10 06:40 PM
12/27/10 06:40 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
I hit a nerve I see. Well since you claim to read "books" on the subject, try "Gotti: Rise and Fall" by Capeci. He says they remained close. Again, I am more inclined to believe what he says than yourself using Sammy Gravano as a source. Maybe they did hate each other at the end, but I have read a book by a credible author who says otherwise.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/27/10 06:40 PM.
Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: Mussolini14] #589265
12/27/10 08:12 PM
12/27/10 08:12 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I hit a nerve I see. Well since you claim to read "books" on the subject, try "Gotti: Rise and Fall" by Capeci. He says they remained close. Again, I am more inclined to believe what he says than yourself using Sammy Gravano as a source. Maybe they did hate each other at the end, but I have read a book by a credible author who says otherwise.

First off u didn't hit a nerve. I dont mind different opinions at all. I think the way you wrote sounded a little snobbish but if i'm wrong I apologize. I have read the book a couple of times. also FBI agents like Bruce Mouw who was the head of the Gambino squad who monitered surveillance has said that gotti was pissed at angelo. also other FBI agents involved in the gotti investigation has said something similar. Jerry Capeci knows his stuff because I have read Gotti rise and fall as well as Murder machine which is about the Demeo crew. However, he is still a journalist so i take the word of FBI agents who actually heard Gotti's conversations.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #589316
12/28/10 02:20 PM
12/28/10 02:20 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
From what I've read Gotti and Ruggiero were definitely on the outs. I think Gotti had enough of his big mouth and the troubles he brought. John Gotti the son supposedly stayed close with Ruggiero and his family. Anyone know if Ruggiero sons were made? I read the Mikey "Scars" DiLeonardo testimony and he talked about John Ruggiero being proposed, I think he is Angelo's son, and his other son is named Angelo also. I think Ruggiero and Michael Paradiso were behind the attempted hit on Anthony Casso, which I don't think Gotti would have sanctioned, so Ruggiero was causing all problems all over the place.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: GerryLang] #589344
12/28/10 06:53 PM
12/28/10 06:53 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
so Ruggiero was causing all problems all over the place

The same could be said about Gotti with his flamboyant media attention seeking ways.
I bet the old Gambino soldiers thought they were locked in a nightmare when this clown took over!

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: GerryLang] #589347
12/28/10 07:53 PM
12/28/10 07:53 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
From what I've read Gotti and Ruggiero were definitely on the outs. I think Gotti had enough of his big mouth and the troubles he brought. John Gotti the son supposedly stayed close with Ruggiero and his family. Anyone know if Ruggiero sons were made? I read the Mikey "Scars" DiLeonardo testimony and he talked about John Ruggiero being proposed, I think he is Angelo's son, and his other son is named Angelo also. I think Ruggiero and Michael Paradiso were behind the attempted hit on Anthony Casso, which I don't think Gotti would have sanctioned, so Ruggiero was causing all problems all over the place.

You are right on the money Gerry, Gotti had enough of Angelo who almost got him in big trouble with Paul as well as the blown hit on Anthony Casso. It's ironic that gotti had enough of Angelo's big mouth when it was Gotti's big mouth that landed him in jail for life

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: JCrusher] #589615
12/31/10 05:10 PM
12/31/10 05:10 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss

You are right on the money Gerry, Gotti had enough of Angelo who almost got him in big trouble with Paul as well as the blown hit on Anthony Casso. It's ironic that gotti had enough of Angelo's big mouth when it was Gotti's big mouth that landed him in jail for life

Angelo was shelved, so that alone speaks volumes. I think he was also pushed for Robert Dibernardo to be killed because he owed him 250K, but said it was for different reasons.

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: GaryH] #589616
12/31/10 05:14 PM
12/31/10 05:14 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: GaryH

The same could be said about Gotti with his flamboyant media attention seeking ways.
I bet the old Gambino soldiers thought they were locked in a nightmare when this clown took over!

I've said before here John Gotti wasn't qualified to run a Burger King, let alone a highly successful criminal enterprise. At that time there were a lot of sophisticated big money making criminals in the Gambino family, to have Gotti controlling them is a bad joke. If they didn't fix the trials, Gotti probably wouldn't have lasted a year on the streets as the boss. Then he handed over control to his son and brother, two more idiots!

Re: Gotti and Rugiero [Re: GerryLang] #589625
12/31/10 07:57 PM
12/31/10 07:57 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: GaryH

I've said before here John Gotti wasn't qualified to run a Burger King, let alone a highly successful criminal enterprise. At that time there were a lot of sophisticated big money making criminals in the Gambino family, to have Gotti controlling them is a bad joke. If they didn't fix the trials, Gotti probably wouldn't have lasted a year on the streets as the boss. Then he handed over control to his son and brother, two more idiots!

Ya Gotti becoming the boss ended the Gambino Family. A lot of People might not want to admit it but Sammy Gravano was the main reason Gotti lasted as long as he did, by paying off jurors, his money from construction, and his ability to commit murders. Either gravano or Frank decicco would have been a better choice.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull