GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 781 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,752
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,522
Posts1,062,272
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? #647331
05/14/12 11:11 PM
05/14/12 11:11 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Wondering if anyone might be able to access any criminal history or mob ties for Romeo J. Tassano of San Francisco.

He was owner of Tassano's Dry Goods 1458 Grant Ave.

Birth: 13 Dec 1909
Death: 29 May 1990 (California)

In 1972 Romeo was seated in a car with a "career criminal" when that person was arrested for a murder that happened a few days earlier half a block from where they were parked. Curious about any connections he may have had.

I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #647337
05/15/12 12:38 AM
05/15/12 12:38 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Interested in any arrests, convictions, etc.

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #647339
05/15/12 03:29 AM
05/15/12 03:29 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
A mob murder in San Francisco? Didn't think the city's LCN was violent enough to have hits.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #647421
05/15/12 08:24 PM
05/15/12 08:24 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Just made a Freedom Of Information Request on Romeo today. Hope to have more luck than I did with my last one - they said they had files "but could not locate them".

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #652781
06/22/12 09:22 PM
06/22/12 09:22 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
FOIA request came back negative. No FBI records on file.

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #652818
06/23/12 03:37 AM
06/23/12 03:37 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
JT, here is a list of San Francisco based newspapers. Perhaps you might find something in their old archives.

http://www.abyznewslinks.com/unitecasf.htm

On demand, I think some of them may be able to help you out finding old clips. Most of them have a "contact us" feature.
Also, try newspapers that are based in San Jose and Los Angeles as well.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 06/23/12 04:02 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #653728
06/29/12 04:41 PM
06/29/12 04:41 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Thanks!

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #653794
06/30/12 04:49 AM
06/30/12 04:49 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Often names are misspelled. "E" easily becomes "i", the last vowel easily turns into something else, "s" into "z" and so on.
Even if you know how the name should be spelled, it doesn´t mean the name is spelled correctly in articles and in documents. It can be VERY frustrating doing research! mad

[Linked Image]
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #939017
05/05/18 03:05 PM
05/05/18 03:05 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
It's been quite awhile but I finally got back on this. I've discovered that Romeo Tassano's wife Vincenza Corroo has many Milwaukee mobsters in her family, including Balistreris and Aliotos, as well as Frank and Joseph Deluca out of Kansas City. I'm working on a family tree, will post when I'm done.

Last edited by jtsterling; 05/05/18 03:08 PM.

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #939023
05/05/18 05:23 PM
05/05/18 05:23 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by jtsterling
Wondering if anyone might be able to access any criminal history or mob ties for Romeo J. Tassano of San Francisco.

He was owner of Tassano's Dry Goods 1458 Grant Ave.

Birth: 13 Dec 1909
Death: 29 May 1990 (California)

In 1972 Romeo was seated in a car with a "career criminal" when that person was arrested for a murder that happened a few days earlier half a block from where they were parked. Curious about any connections he may have had.

He was seated with Jimmy D, of Vallejo, Ca and Mario Balistreri, when Mario was arrested. Jimmy was known as a heavy hitter, and was associated with the Kansas city mob. Said to have always carried a pistol under his seat. On Tassano, he was one of those that slipped through the pizza connection case, he was supposedly on recorded with Mario Balistreri.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #939064
05/06/18 04:46 AM
05/06/18 04:46 AM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Hi,

your are interested in SF ?

Have you knowledge about Giovanni Toracca, Sergio Maranghi and Frank Balistreri(the son), and Vincent Balistreri ? Especially after 00's

And whats happend with the Sacco Network ?

Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #939106
05/06/18 02:20 PM
05/06/18 02:20 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

He was seated with Jimmy D, of Vallejo, Ca and Mario Balistreri, when Mario was arrested. Jimmy was known as a heavy hitter, and was associated with the Kansas city mob. Said to have always carried a pistol under his seat. On Tassano, he was one of those that slipped through the pizza connection case, he was supposedly on recorded with Mario Balistreri.

Thanks Giacomo. Is this info about Tassano published anywhere? A book or article?

Last edited by jtsterling; 05/06/18 02:29 PM. Reason: made question more specific

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Nitro] #939120
05/06/18 04:32 PM
05/06/18 04:32 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by Nitro
Hi,

Have you knowledge about Giovanni Toracca, Sergio Maranghi and Frank Balistreri(the son), and Vincent Balistreri ? Especially after 00's

Toracco still lives in North Beach. He is still seen in the company of Frank Colla, Frank's brother was with S.F.P.D. Frank and Vincent Balistreri are brothers. Mario Balistreri was their grandfather, and Gaetano Balistreri was their father. Both brothers are still seen in North Beach. Maranghi moved to Italy after he turned, don't know after that, his son John Maranghi was spotted at a social function party in San Rafael. Ron Socco is still around, but his network was shattered with some of it going between S.F. and Oakland Hells Angels chapters and the East Bay Dragons MC, while the Columbians went with a different buyer and more secured routes. Sergio Maranghi really did major damage to the Socco network when he turned.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #939123
05/06/18 05:18 PM
05/06/18 05:18 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
[Linked Image]
@Giacomo. Is there any connection to SF, the French connection, and Philip Napoli. Picture from 1972: Phil Napoli (left) a narcotics trafficker who had ties to Stefano Magaddino the don of the Niagara Falls/Buffalo LCN. According to a Buffalo Lawyer named Iannaccone, "Napoli moved to San Francisco in the 1960's just prior to the Haight- Ashbury hippie invasion. He worked with the FBI (as did many in the mob) to supply drugs to discredit the hippie/peace movement."

Last edited by NickleCity; 05/06/18 05:28 PM.
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #939145
05/06/18 09:28 PM
05/06/18 09:28 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Napoli was not made. He was around Tony Romano who was a Buffalo Capo on the west coast, Bill Sciortino, Nino a soldier in Tony Lanza crew, and the Larocca family of San Francisco, Vincenzo DiGirolamo of the Bonanno family and godson to Joe Bonanno Sr, and the Ditri brothers of San Jose. As far as I know Napoli came after the French Connection was in place. As for him working for the FBI, anything is possible. That picture, the Iannaccone you are speaking of is related to Bill Iannaccone?

Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Nitro] #940624
05/20/18 03:56 PM
05/20/18 03:56 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Hi,

Things haven't changed much since the 90s, Toracca escaped conviction of drug trafficking charges back then and surely he continues in this line of work.

www.sfgate.com/news/article/North-Beach-cocaine-bust-still-hasn-t-hit-its-3146908.php

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #940860
05/23/18 01:00 PM
05/23/18 01:00 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Napoli was not made. He was around Tony Romano who was a Buffalo Capo on the west coast, Bill Sciortino, Nino a soldier in Tony Lanza crew, and the Larocca family of San Francisco, Vincenzo DiGirolamo of the Bonanno family and godson to Joe Bonanno Sr, and the Ditri brothers of San Jose. As far as I know Napoli came after the French Connection was in place. As for him working for the FBI, anything is possible. That picture, the Iannaccone you are speaking of is related to Bill Iannaccone?

@Giacomo_Vacari Yes, this picture was from the attorney William Gary Iannacone from Buffalo. I just posted about him on the Buffalo 2016 thread. He thinks the Mob worked with or was in cahoots with the FBI in Buffalo through the '90's and maybe even today.

Last edited by NickleCity; 05/23/18 01:01 PM.
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #941648
05/30/18 12:31 AM
05/30/18 12:31 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Hi,

Toracco still lives in North Beach. He is still seen in the company of Frank Colla, Frank's brother was with S.F.P.D. Frank and Vincent Balistreri are brothers. Mario Balistreri was their grandfather, and Gaetano Balistreri was their father. Both brothers are still seen in North Beach. Maranghi moved to Italy after he turned, don't know after that, his son John Maranghi was spotted at a social function party in San Rafael. Ron Socco is still around, but his network was shattered with some of it going between S.F. and Oakland Hells Angels chapters and the East Bay Dragons MC, while the Columbians went with a different buyer and more secured routes. Sergio Maranghi really did major damage to the Socco network when he turned.

Any history on Don Wehr owner of Music City? His daughter was married to Toracca, who ended up shooting a guy on the street who was having an affair with her (or so the story goes). I believe that Don's mother Anita Wehr sold Toracca the old Camel Bar (Grant & Green Saloon).

Last edited by jtsterling; 05/30/18 12:39 AM. Reason: grammar

- John Gotti
Re: Ever hear of Romeo Tassano of S.F.? [Re: jtsterling] #944741
06/24/18 02:42 AM
06/24/18 02:42 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Some interesting family connections of Romeo J. Tassano.

Romeo's wife Vincenza Corroo was the great-granddaughter of Milwaukee Mob Boss, and later Boss of the Chicago Outfit, Giovanni "John" Alioto. Her father Vincenzo Corroo was a Milwaukee mobster and bootlegger who was a supplier of Al Capone in Chicago.

Romeo's daughter Juliette Tassano married Peter Corroo, great-great-grandson of Boss Giovanni "John" Alioto.

This also means that Romeo was related to San Francisco Mayor Joseph "Joe" Alioto, whose dad Giuseppe Alioto was the brother (some say he was a cousin) of the previously mentioned Mob Boss, John Alioto. Giuseppe was equal partners with SF's first Mafia Boss, Frank Lanza. Frank's son Jimmy "The Hat" Lanza later took over and he was very good friends with Mayor Joe Alioto (who originally cut his teeth as a Mafia attorney). The Mayor's wife Angelina happened to be the niece of prominent Dallas Crime Family mobster John Genaro.

Boss John Alioto was also the father-in-law of Frank Balistrieri, who took over as Milwaukee Crime Boss. Frank Balistrieri was the great-uncle of Romeo Tassano's son-in-law, Peter Corroo.

- John Gotti

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull