GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (furio_from_naples, 2 invisible), 729 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,783
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,529
Posts1,062,432
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
we don't like federal agents poking around... #719365
06/08/13 05:54 AM
06/08/13 05:54 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline OP
Underboss
Danito  Offline OP
Underboss
Berlin, Germany

Does anybody remember Obama's speech in 2004? "...we don't like federal agents poking around in our libraries..."?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order
Verizon is required on an "ongoing, daily basis" to give the NSA information on all telephone calls in its systems, both within the US and between the US and other countries.
Surveillance of any kind of activities on FB, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft...

Opinions?

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719368
06/08/13 07:25 AM
06/08/13 07:25 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
My opinion is that just as Eisenhower warned many years ago, there is a military-industrial complex that has taken a great deal of power away from the people and their elected representatives.

I also think that Americans across the political spectrum are horribly blase about the Bill of Rights in toto. People just don't care about civil liberties. Were the 4th Amendment to be proposed today it would not pass.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Lilo] #719372
06/08/13 11:51 AM
06/08/13 11:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
My opinion is that just as Eisenhower warned many years ago, there is a military-industrial complex that has taken a great deal of power away from the people and their elected representatives.

I also think that Americans across the political spectrum are horribly blase about the Bill of Rights in toto. People just don't care about civil liberties. Were the 4th Amendment to be proposed today it would not pass.

Interersting, Lilo. I agree for the most part (more about the most part and my defense of the President in a minute). Mike Lupica wrote an interesting piece just yesterday about how the war on privacy is all but lost. I encourage you to read it: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.1365660

Now, in defense of the President (not just this President, but ANY incoming President), I'll play Devil's Advocate. Isn't it entirely possible that the President didn't know just what kind of evil he was up against UNTIL he took office? I think it was just too easy to blame Bush for everything because, let's face it, Bush comes off as such a simpleton. But we're still waterboarding, aren't we? We're still using the Patriot Act, aren't we? We're still doing A LOT of things, aren't we?

Coming into office in January of 2009, it was just too damn easy for Obama to blame Bush for such things because he just didn't know the extent of the evil these religious terrorists were involved in. Long story short, he just didn't know what he was up against. Now he knows better. Now don't get me wrong, I still think Bush is/was at least partially retarded. But there's no doubt in my mind that history will vindicate him as far as some of these charges go. And the bottom line is, our guy, Obama, is now employing some of the very same tactics.

We can't have it both ways. We can't blame Bush for the Patriot Act, but then say, Well, Bush's guy wrote it, so that takes Obama off the hook. If he uses it he's just as responsible. Maybe even moreso because he's a liberal who's fucking with privacy rights. And that's tantamount to a righty selling out on gun control. It's like our friend Don Tomasso posted just the other day. Something like, "If Bush did this his hair would be on fire." I give him A LOT of credit for admitting as much.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719373
06/08/13 12:07 PM
06/08/13 12:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I've posted before that presidential candidates have little realistic idea about what it is like to be President of the United States. Their campaigns for the presidency are littered with references to what they will do if elected and rarely if ever reference the United States Congress (which is the only federal lawmaking body and appropriator of federal funds). We, in turn, have come to believe that a President operates in isolation from the other two branches of the federal government.

By listening to and reading statements by many Americans, it is evident that there is a fundamental misunderstanding not only about Constitutional provisions, but about the National Security Agency's actions regarding phone records.

Last edited by olivant; 06/08/13 01:07 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: olivant] #719405
06/08/13 05:46 PM
06/08/13 05:46 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
They will be bored to tears when they listen to my conversations or read my texts. Yes, I have Verizon. They will say that chick needs to get a life...LOL

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Mignon] #719409
06/08/13 07:29 PM
06/08/13 07:29 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Mignon
They will be bored to tears when they listen to my conversations or read my texts. Yes, I have Verizon. They will say that chick needs to get a life...LOL

Tell me about it Mig.. I'm writing a book of memoirs called "The Ivy-league Papers" a book about Big Data be stored and sold to companies in the private sector.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719440
06/09/13 12:05 AM
06/09/13 12:05 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Much like PB said above, despite his campaign rhetoric, once Obama was in office he got a look at the reasons Bush put the program there in the first place. I personally don't have a problem with any of it, regardless of whoever is in office. I've got nothing to hide and I don't see it as my rights being threatened.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719450
06/09/13 01:35 AM
06/09/13 01:35 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Obama has been more aggressive than Bush on on immigration, at least till this past election. More aggressive in Middle East. Now this. Bush was more liberal than Obama, although Bush had Republican label.

The part about phone snooping being overlooked is in them saying not to worry, it's only numbers being collected. That should still be private. If, for example, someone gets a visit from a security agency in 2014, asking them to explain why they were talking to someone in 2012, how many people will remember correctly? Can a wrong answer get you imprisoned? They are using excuse of fighting terrorists to track everyone, and that's wrong.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719508
06/09/13 01:26 PM
06/09/13 01:26 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline OP
Underboss
Danito  Offline OP
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
I think it's funny if governments say they defend our freedom by taking liberties away.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719606
06/10/13 02:14 AM
06/10/13 02:14 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Danito
I think it's funny if governments say they defend our freedom by taking liberties away.

Yes, and it's sad that some fall for that line.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719608
06/10/13 02:16 AM
06/10/13 02:16 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What liberties are they taking away, exactly?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: IvyLeague] #719615
06/10/13 03:09 AM
06/10/13 03:09 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline OP
Underboss
Danito  Offline OP
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: IvyLeague

In this case I'm talking about the erosion of the 4th Amendment. But at the moment you can find similar ways of eroding civil rights in Russia and Hungary.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719618
06/10/13 04:28 AM
06/10/13 04:28 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

In this case I'm talking about the erosion of the 4th Amendment. But at the moment you can find similar ways of eroding civil rights in Russia and Hungary.

The NSA's intelligence gathering is overseen by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. The metadata gathered includes phone numbers of callers and receivers, serial numbers of both phones, and possible GPS location of caller and receiver when call occurred. That's it. And we have to remember that any digital communication, like phone calls, emails, and online chats, are not secure to begin with. Unless somebody has something to hide, none of this should be a matter of alarm.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: pizzaboy] #719629
06/10/13 06:51 AM
06/10/13 06:51 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Interersting, Lilo. I agree for the most part (more about the most part and my defense of the President in a minute). Mike Lupica wrote an interesting piece just yesterday about how the war on privacy is all but lost. I encourage you to read it: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.1365660

Now, in defense of the President (not just this President, but ANY incoming President), I'll play Devil's Advocate. Isn't it entirely possible that the President didn't know just what kind of evil he was up against UNTIL he took office? I think it was just too easy to blame Bush for everything because, let's face it, Bush comes off as such a simpleton. But we're still waterboarding, aren't we? We're still using the Patriot Act, aren't we? We're still doing A LOT of things, aren't we?

Coming into office in January of 2009, it was just too damn easy for Obama to blame Bush for such things because he just didn't know the extent of the evil these religious terrorists were involved in. Long story short, he just didn't know what he was up against. Now he knows better. Now don't get me wrong, I still think Bush is/was at least partially retarded. But there's no doubt in my mind that history will vindicate him as far as some of these charges go. And the bottom line is, our guy, Obama, is now employing some of the very same tactics.

We can't have it both ways. We can't blame Bush for the Patriot Act, but then say, Well, Bush's guy wrote it, so that takes Obama off the hook. If he uses it he's just as responsible. Maybe even moreso because he's a liberal who's fucking with privacy rights. And that's tantamount to a righty selling out on gun control. It's like our friend Don Tomasso posted just the other day. Something like, "If Bush did this his hair would be on fire." I give him A LOT of credit for admitting as much.

Oh absolutely PB. I don't doubt that this President, any President knows things I'll never know and wouldn't want to know. But I don't give Obama a pass on this. I don't give any President a pass on it. The bad thing from my pov is that it may well be legal. We don't know. But I just don't see how we can square the circle between the Fourth Amendment, which generally requires particularized suspicion and a warrant, and a program which can read what I'm typing right now and/or know who I'm talking to and where I am at pretty much all times.

I think this doesn't easily break down among right-left Republican or Democrat lines. Feinstein for example is an enthusiastic supporter. Rand Paul isn't. I find it interesting that some people who would never support expanded background checks for gun purchases say that if you have nothing to hide you should not be worried by programs like this. On the other side some left wing people who would and did yelp and scream "Nazi", "Orwell" "Big Brother" at Bush over these things have suddenly discovered the importance of a President who keeps us safe. lol

I may well be naive and I am certainly no legal expert like some on the board. But I just can't abide with a program that monitors everyone. I was against them under Bush and Obama. Chase the bad guys, fine. Anything else, ehh.... panic

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719633
06/10/13 07:42 AM
06/10/13 07:42 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I'm not sure if I'm against this. If I expect the government to protect me, then they should be privy to the information they need to do so. Down goes the 4th. It just goes to show, these amendments can and will be changed to fit the era in which we are living. Though, not the 2nd. tongue Nobody should touch the 2nd. No database of my gunz. tongue

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: afsaneh77] #719653
06/10/13 10:30 AM
06/10/13 10:30 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

It is a matter of history that no president, with the possible exception of Jimmy Carter has ever rescinded the usurpation of power by a predecessor.
If you go back to Lincoln, you wil find he assumed practically dictatorial powers using the civil war as an excuse. But no one ever retreated from some of the things he did, including dowing away with habeas corpus.

The real problem here is the wrosion of the Fourth Amendment and the right to privacy. It is likely that once Obama took office from ush and saw the top secret briefings, he became more hawkish and better understood how he could use the patriot act to gather information on the scale he has done.

What doesn't surprise me is that this all has happened. I thought once the patriot act was passed all this was a done deal anyway, and lets face it with the technology we now have our every move can be traced. The government and the big corporations know what we eat, drink, read, write, what phone and interned services we use, who we text, whether we use skype, who we call where we travel....eveything.
The only way to maintain privacy would be to move to some remote location and only use cash to buy things, and ditch the computer, all subscriptions, the I pads and the rest. And good luck with that. The last guy who tried it was the Unabomber, and look how that worked out.

The abololition of privacy is here to stay. Politically I am ok with Obama running the show, but I would not be with a President Cruz running it. I am sure my republican "friends" feel the opposite, which is why the founders had this quaint idea about rule of law.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: afsaneh77] #719676
06/10/13 12:48 PM
06/10/13 12:48 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I'm not sure if I'm against this. If I expect the government to protect me, then they should be privy to the information they need to do so. Down goes the 4th. It just goes to show, these amendments can and will be changed to fit the era in which we are living. Though, not the 2nd. tongue Nobody should touch the 2nd. No database of my gunz. tongue

You're probably used to that right? A tyrannical government taking advantage of the citizens under the guise of religious law or "keeping us safe" fucking crock of shit. My business is my business not Bush's, not Obama's or anyone else's. Fuck the government, these days I trust it less and less.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #719684
06/10/13 01:19 PM
06/10/13 01:19 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

You're probably used to that right? A tyrannical government taking advantage of the citizens under the guise of religious law or "keeping us safe" fucking crock of shit. My business is my business not Bush's, not Obama's or anyone else's. Fuck the government, these days I trust it less and less.

Trust it less and less? Why should anyone trust it at all?

(Just Kidding, CIA or PRISM.....ha ha ha. This is just a joke)

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #719695
06/10/13 01:49 PM
06/10/13 01:49 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

In the age of anthrax and nukes it's quite irrelevant. The moment a terrorist attack happens, everyone blames the government for their incompetence. My main problem with them, is the extent of what they could do to you once they know what they know. For instance I don't feel comfortable with lack of due process. With giving them the right to kill citizens with the death penalty and with shutting down the newspapers. Freedom of speech is more near and dear to my heart. If that is granted, you can nag all you want that why your privacy is being compromised, all the while knowing that maybe that's for the best if you don't want to be victim of another terrorist attack.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: afsaneh77] #719696
06/10/13 01:56 PM
06/10/13 01:56 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

In the age of anthrax and nukes it's quite irrelevant. The moment a terrorist attack happens, everyone blames the government for their incompetence. My main problem with them, is the extent of what they could do to you once they know what they know. For instance I don't feel comfortable with lack of due process. With giving them the right to kill citizens with the death penalty and with shutting down the newspapers. Freedom of speech is more near and dear to my heart. If that is granted, you can nag all you want that why your privacy is being compromised, all the while knowing that maybe that's for the best if you don't want to be victim of another terrorist attack.

There will always be terrorists and there will always be government oppression. Nothing is going to change that. All the "blame" stuff is just politics. In this country the right wingholes will blame President Blacula for any and all terrorists attacks, and probably call him a socialist dictator for all the wiretaps.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: dontomasso] #719698
06/10/13 02:01 PM
06/10/13 02:01 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
There will always be terrorists and there will always be government oppression. Nothing is going to change that. All the "blame" stuff is just politics. In this country the right wingholes will blame President Blacula for any and all terrorists attacks, and probably call him a socialist dictator for all the wiretaps.

Yeah, they are a tough crowd to please. lol

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719699
06/10/13 02:06 PM
06/10/13 02:06 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
The Fourth Amendment applies only to areas where citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy. The Court held in a landmark case of Katz in the 1960s that there exists a reasonable expectation of privacy in the contents of a phone call from a public phone booth, and therefore the government's use of the conversation without a warrant or probable cause was improper, and therefore any conviction of Mr. Katz, based on illegally obtained information, had to be thrown out.

However, while the expectation of privacy exists in the actual phone conversation, there is no such expectation in the fact that the call was placed at a specific time from a specific place. The conversation used a third party (the phone company), which lessens the expaectation of privacy on the basis that a call was made.

I have always had problems with some of the provisions of the Patriot Act, and I believe taht some of the provisions, like roving wiretaps and surveillaance of any private call between people in the US and a foreign country, when challenged, will be deemed unconstitutional.

I found it ironic that Bush had claimed after 9/11 that the attackers disliked us because of our freedoms, but the government responded by enacting legislation that curtailed freedoms. Obviousy the American government distrusts the people it represents as much as the people distrust it.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: pizzaboy] #719702
06/10/13 02:20 PM
06/10/13 02:20 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

agree, my wife and i both very disappointed in this president and his policies especially the drone attacks and our civil liberties continually diminshing

When Interpol?
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: klydon1] #719705
06/10/13 02:32 PM
06/10/13 02:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: klydon1
The Fourth Amendment applies only to areas where citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Kly, I pretty much agree with you, especially about expectation of privacy. However, expectation of privacy is an extra-constitutional improvisation. Now, I'll bet that most Board members have not read their agreements with service providers. If they do they will discover that those service providers are granted extensive latitude to dispose of information about you in their possession. For example, the next time you receive a postal solicitation specifically addressed to you from a company with which you have never done business or even heard of, speculate about how that company came to acquire your name and address.

I encourage Board members to read the US Constitution's 4th amendment and about how it came to be worded as such and the US Supreme Court's opinions concerning it.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719717
06/10/13 03:47 PM
06/10/13 03:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I'm sorry but this current "outrage" is 12 years too late. That fight was over when the Patriot Act was passed.

If anything, the outrage is more an outlet for how we're possibly moving away from the post-9/11 era.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: klydon1] #719719
06/10/13 03:49 PM
06/10/13 03:49 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: klydon1
The Fourth Amendment applies only to areas where citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy. The Court held in a landmark case of Katz in the 1960s that there exists a reasonable expectation of privacy in the contents of a phone call from a public phone booth, and therefore the government's use of the conversation without a warrant or probable cause was improper, and therefore any conviction of Mr. Katz, based on illegally obtained information, had to be thrown out.

However, while the expectation of privacy exists in the actual phone conversation, there is no such expectation in the fact that the call was placed at a specific time from a specific place. The conversation used a third party (the phone company), which lessens the expaectation of privacy on the basis that a call was made.

I have always had problems with some of the provisions of the Patriot Act, and I believe taht some of the provisions, like roving wiretaps and surveillaance of any private call between people in the US and a foreign country, when challenged, will be deemed unconstitutional.

I found it ironic that Bush had claimed after 9/11 that the attackers disliked us because of our freedoms, but the government responded by enacting legislation that curtailed freedoms. Obviousy the American government distrusts the people it represents as much as the people distrust it.

I never thought of your last point, on freedoms. Makes one think differently about it. We have lost privacy since then, for certain.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: IvyLeague] #719736
06/10/13 07:04 PM
06/10/13 07:04 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I personally don't have a problem with any of it, regardless of whoever is in office. I've got nothing to hide and I don't see it as my rights being threatened.

This is my feeling as well.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: afsaneh77] #719739
06/10/13 07:28 PM
06/10/13 07:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
If that is granted, you can nag all you want that why your privacy is being compromised, all the while knowing that maybe that's for the best if you don't want to be victim of another terrorist attack.

That's exactly right, Afs. Freedom and privacy are not the same thing. It's like I posted earlier in the thread: Much like Obama prior to taking office, we have NO IDEA just how close we've come to more attacks. If we were privy to such things, I doubt we'd be bitching so much about this. And don't get me wrong, it's a good thing we don't know. It would stir up too much panic and xenophobia, which is much worse than the loss of some privacy.

And again, I thought Bush was an imbecile. I posted as much here every day for eight years. But I'm telling you, history will absolve him when it comes to these privacy issues. Do you want to be safe, or do you want complete privacy? I have a wife and children, so for me that's an easy one.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719742
06/10/13 07:44 PM
06/10/13 07:44 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
They will do what they continue to do no matter who is in office. There are different levels of privacy and people will continue to complain about this subject. As far as aerial views, drones,etc in terms of surveillance a United Stance and approach could be taken by all Americans to dress like waldo making it hard to pick whose who in the crowd.

People who have shiny bald heads don't have to worry about this because on a sunny day the beams will be shot off the bald head and back into the atmosphere

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: we don't like federal agents poking around... [Re: Danito] #719787
06/10/13 11:01 PM
06/10/13 11:01 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Edward Snowden, who leaked the information, is in Hong Kong. On NPR today someone speculated on him trying to negotiate his freedom by blackmailing United States by threatening to leak info to the Chinese. If he made it out of the country with sensitive information, that makes whole scandal worse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull