GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,007
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,416
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,830
Posts1,070,002
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What To Do About Ted Cruz? #743329
10/07/13 03:52 PM
10/07/13 03:52 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

1. Wait till he flames out and becomes a Trivia Pursuit question.

2. Ignore him.
or

3. Slap that smirk off his face.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743332
10/07/13 03:56 PM
10/07/13 03:56 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

All of the above.. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743333
10/07/13 04:02 PM
10/07/13 04:02 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Cruz is an interesting case. If he was just some average joe on the street you could ignore him. However he's got a spot in the house now, and is backed by a coalition of tea partiers.

The Republican party needs to distance themselves from guys like Cruz. If they do that it will benefit them in the long run.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743335
10/07/13 04:10 PM
10/07/13 04:10 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The Democratic Party needs to distance itself from Reid, Pelosi, Waters, Boxer, Cantwell, Durbin, Feinstein, Franken, Harken, Lautenberg, Leahy, Levin, Menendez, Mikulski, Murray, Rockefeller, Sanders, Schumer, Udall and Warner. If they do that the country will benefit in the long (and short) run.

Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: Faithful1] #743336
10/07/13 04:12 PM
10/07/13 04:12 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The Democratic Party needs to distance itself from Reid, Pelosi, Waters, Boxer, Cantwell, Durbin, Feinstein, Franken, Harken, Lautenberg, Leahy, Levin, Menendez, Mikulski, Murray, Rockefeller, Sanders, Schumer, Udall and Warner. If they do that the country will benefit in the long (and short) run.

You left out the people who voted for the president the senate and the gerrymandered house. In other words the majority of the American people.

Its okay, come out of your delusional bubble. No one is going to impose Sharia law on you. Really.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743341
10/07/13 04:24 PM
10/07/13 04:24 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Let's face it. There are extremes on both sides. If both parties had moderates in power that didn't sway from their beliefs but would be willing to compromise we would have a much more effective government

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743343
10/07/13 04:36 PM
10/07/13 04:36 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Like I wrote before, the last time both parties could really come together was in the JFK administration or during the early years of the LBJ one. Ever since then, especially on economic issues, the two parties have been miles apart. The extremism starts in school. When my daughter was in high school she'd tell me how teachers were open in their support of Obama and showed Al Gore and Michael Moore movies in class. It was one-sided propaganda with no balance.

I remember when I was in elementary school in the 1960s. One of the songs we used to sing was "If I Had A Hammer" by The Weavers. We thought it was pretty innocent back then, but the song was written to support the American Communist Party in 1949. Pete Seeger sang in for a CPUSA dinner. So the indoctrination has been going on for a very long time.

Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: dontomasso] #743350
10/07/13 05:03 PM
10/07/13 05:03 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
1. Wait till he flames out and becomes a Trivia Pursuit question.

2. Ignore him.
or

3. Slap that smirk off his face.

DT, keep in mind that Cruz is a Senator in a demographically changing Texas. He will be in office through 2018. By that time the demographics of Texas may have changed enough to doom his renomination by the Republican party. Even if renominated, his reelection may be doomed by the surge in the Democratic Party aligned state's Hispanic population.

His rhetoric is not appreciated by those Republicans who understand the upcoming change in Texas demographics. So, his continuing to speak is to a shrinking audience.

Next year's Governor's election should give some indication of the state's shifting political winds.

Last edited by olivant; 10/07/13 05:05 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: olivant] #743353
10/07/13 05:10 PM
10/07/13 05:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
Next year's Governor's election should give some indication of the state's shifting political winds.

Probably just a bad batch of chili. Last time I was in Texas I had some of that stuff and my wife made me sleep in the guestroom for three nights.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: pizzaboy] #743464
10/08/13 11:28 AM
10/08/13 11:28 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: olivant

Probably just a bad batch of chili. Last time I was in Texas I had some of that stuff and my wife made me sleep in the guestroom for three nights.

That's 'cause you don't make it right.

By the way, let's try some Cruz control. Just have Willie Cicci push a button on a guy.

Last edited by olivant; 10/08/13 11:28 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What To Do About Ted Cruz? [Re: Faithful1] #743616
10/09/13 12:09 PM
10/09/13 12:09 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Like I wrote before, the last time both parties could really come together was in the JFK administration or during the early years of the LBJ one. Ever since then, especially on economic issues, the two parties have been miles apart. The extremism starts in school. When my daughter was in high school she'd tell me how teachers were open in their support of Obama and showed Al Gore and Michael Moore movies in class. It was one-sided propaganda with no balance.

I remember when I was in elementary school in the 1960s. One of the songs we used to sing was "If I Had A Hammer" by The Weavers. We thought it was pretty innocent back then, but the song was written to support the American Communist Party in 1949. Pete Seeger sang in for a CPUSA dinner. So the indoctrination has been going on for a very long time.

There are inaccuracies and exaggeration in your post.
It is inaccurate the last time there was bi-partisanship was during the 60's. Nixon created the EPA, Legal Aid, and tried to pass a health care law. There was plenty of bipartisanship until Watergate surfaces, and even then it was a delegation of Republicans led by Barry Goldwater who went to the White House to tell Nixon to step down and not force the Senate to convict him. With Ford and Carter, there was general consensus on things even though Ford was more of a caretaker, and Carter was not what anyone would call a great president. That said he did get the Panama Canal treaty through. Reagan and Tip O'Neal were polar opposites, but they worked together, and the first Bush did the right thing by raising taxes in a bi partisan way, even though it may have cost him a second term. A lot of the vitriol began with Clinton. The hard right never saw him as a "legitimate" president, the same way they view Obama today. Under Clinton there were lies upon lies about Whitewater, the death of Vince Foster, and even the whole impeachment over lying about getting a blow job was ridiculous. Al Gore had the election stolen by a horrible Supreme Court decision but had the grace to accept it, and on 9/11 the country rallied around the younger Bush, until he squandered his political capital (imagine the howling from the right had 9/11 happened if Gore had been president). As for the "communist" Pete Seeger sone, yes, Pete was probably a commie back in the day, but a lot of people were. "If I had a hammer" talks about the "hammer of freedom" and "justice" and a song to sing all over this land. That is hardly communist indoctrination. Here you are confusing a relatively innocent song with guilt by association.

As for your daughter's teachers, I would want to know which Michael Moore movies they showed, before determining whether or not it was a good or bad thing. Having gone to elementary school in the fifties I can say with certainty the majority of the teachers were for Ike. They went on and on about the "communist menace" and there were all those idiotic drills during which kids got under their desks to be "safe" when the commies hit us with nukes. talk about indoctrination!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull