GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 898 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,008
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,438
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,835
Posts1,070,120
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70830
06/28/04 08:45 PM
06/28/04 08:45 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
It may seem like a dumb question, but there are still people today who believe it never happened. I am positive that the Holocaust occured and that atleast 12 million people were killed in concentration camps, 6 million being Jewish people.

I think the reason that it's often overlooked is because people tend to recognize the OTHER 30 million casualties of World War II. Some may say that one country couldn't do this, but Germany's military was the BEST and Germany would've won World War II, had it not been for the Royal Air Force and USSR.

Germany took over Poland in less then a month, and Italy and Japan soon sided with Germany. Japan won battle after battle against the US for nearly 6 months after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Defeating Japan wouldn't have ended the war, so the US decided to take out Germany first.

Without Germany, Italy and Japan would easily crumble. France was soon over taken by German forces, as Vichy (southern) France didn't even want to fight against Germany.

Like I also said above, had it not been for the USSR, the Allies would've fallen. The USSR agreed not to fight after signing a pact with Germany; however, the Germans were stupid enough to attack the USSR for wheat and oil supplies, but they did manage to kill 20 % of the Russian population. What are your thoughts? -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70831
06/28/04 11:24 PM
06/28/04 11:24 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I think you are understating the role of the United States considerably in this thread, but oh well.

---

No, it didn't happen. OJ didn't do it, and Michael Jackson just likes to take naps with kids. :rolleyes:

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70832
06/29/04 09:16 AM
06/29/04 09:16 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I don't think the existance of the holocaust can rationally be questioned, despite Mel Gibson's father's opinion.

The Battle of Midway, when the US Navy sunk 4 of Japan's aircraft carriers, turned the Japanese offensive strategy into one of defense. Without naval superiority their defeat was a matter of time.

The Germans were overconfident based on their victories in Poland and France. The Polish army, with cavalry units and biplanes, were no match for the dive bombers and tanks. The French relied on the Maginot Line, which the Germans simply went around. When they tried to attack the British, they found a very different enemy indeed. The RAF was able to basically do the impossible and prevent the Germans from attacking England.

Major mistake attacking the Russians. The Germans didn't have the capability to fight a 2 front war, and never expected the Russians to defend their country with such resolve. When the Russians gave up territory they pretty much left nothing behind of any use to the Germans.

The defeat of Germany was really an "Allied" event. Even though the US wasn't active early in the war, the supplies and weapons of the "Lend-Lease" program kept both Russia and England in the war.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70833
06/29/04 10:28 AM
06/29/04 10:28 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
Major mistake attacking the Russians. The Germans didn't have the capability to fight a 2 front war, and never expected the Russians to defend their country with such resolve. When the Russians gave up territory they pretty much left nothing behind of any use to the Germans.
Attacking the Russian's during their winter also wasn't a hot idea in the first place. But yes, like the Civil War in Georgia, the Russians took the "scorched earth" approach and essentially ruined anything the Germans would've inherited anyways.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70834
06/29/04 11:12 AM
06/29/04 11:12 AM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline
Underboss
Nederland
I can understand why you ask this, I think I recently read in a magazine about a recent survey that something like 25 percent of the people in England don't believe it happened.

But, I, ofcourse know it happened. The Holocaust wasn't unique, it was just the way it was executed and the number of people who were involved which tends people to believe that a similar event never took place in our (Modern) history.

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70835
06/29/04 11:58 AM
06/29/04 11:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Of course it happened, how can it not? They have survivors/veterans/videos proving it. I can't believe people would even believe that it never happened. Now that's more of a lie than anything Michael Moore ever put in a movie!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 12: Do you believe the Holocaust occured? #70836
06/29/04 05:42 PM
06/29/04 05:42 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
"No one who speaks German could be an evil man!"
Give me a break. No, there were only a few people who had nothing better to do with thier time than sit around and starve themselves and preform twisted expiraments. :rolleyes: The Holocaust was just a conspiracy to turn us against a warm, loving soul named Adlof Hitler. Those "survivers" were paid tons of $$$$$$ to keep us hating poor Hitler. :rolleyes:

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull