GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 391 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,998
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,406
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,828
Posts1,069,949
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RIP Tough Tony Federici #1043548
11/11/22 11:02 AM
11/11/22 11:02 AM
Giacalone Offline OP
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline OP
Underboss
Longtime Genovese capo Tough Tony or Tony Parkside as he was also known passed away a couple of days ago at the age of 82

[Linked Image]

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043549
11/11/22 11:22 AM
11/11/22 11:22 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
R.I.P. Tony

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043550
11/11/22 12:32 PM
11/11/22 12:32 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I always heard he ran a perfect restaurant. Food, service, cleanliness. I was planning to eat there, I wonder if the quality of the food will hold up without him. I know it's a selfish thought, sorry about that, it was my first thought.
He left the mob life in the past, there were mobsters caught on tape recorded conversations talking about how he just wanted to run his restaurant and nothing else, I think it was Ciro Perrone and his crew on the recording.

He looked very healthy despite his age.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043577
11/12/22 01:18 PM
11/12/22 01:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Whenever I heard of him ("Tough Tony") I pictured a different type of man, here is a short video of him receiving an award for his restaurant.

This will make you hungry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTAr0zUeaE

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043578
11/12/22 01:23 PM
11/12/22 01:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
A short one, where he talks about what will happen when he goes. Kind of spooky watching it now after he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtLTSy2wmY

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043582
11/12/22 03:02 PM
11/12/22 03:02 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
A man's man. He was very close to Sonny Franzese. Unlike Sonny though, Tony never spent any real time in prison and died a millionaire many times over

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043590
11/12/22 05:25 PM
11/12/22 05:25 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Now here's a fella who lived a charmed life and didn't very little time if any...I'm not even sure he ever went to jail....

Gangsters, cops and politicians all liked him, that's why you know the italians and specifically, the Genovese family are heads and shoulders over these crews around the city...

Btw, he was a big pigeon guy and my father told me a story that when he was a kid, they didn't have much at that time, and he had pigeons and came one day and they were all gone..He said his grandmother killed the pigeons and made soup with them

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: DiLorenzo] #1043592
11/12/22 05:39 PM
11/12/22 05:39 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Now here's a fella who lived a charmed life and didn't very little time if any...I'm not even sure he ever went to jail....

Gangsters, cops and politicians all liked him, that's why you know the italians and specifically, the Genovese family are heads and shoulders over these crews around the city...

Btw, he was a big pigeon guy and my father told me a story that when he was a kid, they didn't have much at that time, and he had pigeons and came one day and they were all gone..He said his grandmother killed the pigeons and made soup with them

Grandparents were ruthless back in those days lol. My grandfather had a duck that followed him around when he was a kid. One day he got home from school and the duck was nowhere to be found...until his mother served it up for dinner. Ruthless af.
When I'd have to live through a big time food crisis I feel like I'd rather go out and kill and eat some douchebag I don't like instead of a pet lol.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1043593
11/12/22 05:51 PM
11/12/22 05:51 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Grandparents were ruthless back in those days lol. My grandfather had a duck that followed him around when he was a kid. One day he got home from school and the duck was nowhere to be found...until his mother served it up for dinner. Ruthless af.
When I'd have to live through a big time food crisis I feel like I'd rather go out and kill and eat some douchebag I don't like instead of a pet lol.

Yeah, he didn't tell me how she killed them, but I assume by strangulation somehow....Btw, I'd pass on the soup

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043595
11/12/22 05:59 PM
11/12/22 05:59 PM
Giacalone Offline OP
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline OP
Underboss
What is also interesting is that they're saying he was serving as the official Genovese consigliere at the time of his death. If true, that is not surprising. He was also acting boss for a brief period of time

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043597
11/12/22 06:02 PM
11/12/22 06:02 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone
What is also interesting is that they're saying he was serving as the official Genovese consigliere at the time of his death. If true, that is not surprising. He was also acting boss for a brief period of time

You have smart guys like him that show that they're honest restaurant owners who don't flaunt anything, and you got the rest of the city who want everyone to know they're half assed gangsters

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: DiLorenzo] #1043599
11/12/22 06:11 PM
11/12/22 06:11 PM
Giacalone Offline OP
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone

You have smart guys like him that show that they're honest restaurant owners who don't flaunt anything, and you got the rest of the city who want everyone to know they're half assed gangsters

He was fanatically cautious. They all believed he was retired when he wasn't. You just don't see this today

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043608
11/12/22 07:55 PM
11/12/22 07:55 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I remember when his son got stabbed.

Mafia-Tinged Dispute, but Fought in Court

By Sarah Kershaw
Feb. 6, 2002

On the surface, it appeared to be a brawl over a girl, a beef between neighborhood boys from opposite sides of the tracks that turned violent.

But there was a certain coincidental element to the stabbings outside a Queens nightclub on an evening in August 2000 that made it something more.

It so happened that among the boys from Whitestone and the crew from Howard Beach were two teenagers with some intriguing family connections: Anthony Federici, the son of Anthony Federici, who is known as Tough Tony, a reputed captain in the Genovese crime family, and Nicholas Gambino, who investigators say is a nephew of Giovanni Gambino, a reputed foot soldier in the Gambino crime family.

The two young men, now 20, were on opposing sides outside the nightclub, the Metropolis, that night, but prosecutors said that they had never met before the brawl and that the fighting had nothing to do with organized crime or family feuds.

Yesterday, Mr. Federici, who was stabbed in the abdomen during the brawl, testified against Mr. Gambino, who is on trial in State Supreme Court in Queens, facing charges of attempted murder in the stabbing of Mr. Federici and two others.

So it was that a tale of boyish bluster became something of a treatise on the Mafia in the 21st century. Since when do mobsters -- or, in this case, their relatives -- settle their disputes in court? Thus, a Queens courtroom looked yesterday like a casting call for ''West Side Story'' meets ''The Sopranos'' meets ''My Cousin Vinny,'' with a disorganized defense lawyer, a grouchy judge, mysterious observers and lots of reporters eager to witness a standoff between two Mafia families.

Thanks for reading The Times.
Subscribe to The Times
As the reporters glanced around the room searching for notorious Mafia figures, stone-faced relatives and friends, some of them dressed in black leather jackets and whispering to one another, watched as Mr. Federici politely gave the jurors a matter-of-fact account of the brawl and his recovery from the stabbing wound.

On cross-examination, the defense lawyer, Rafael Scotto, who often fumbled through his papers, was repeatedly berated by the judge for asking irrelevant questions.

In truth, there was little courtroom drama yesterday, the sixth day of Mr. Gambino's trial, a proceeding that might have gone unnoticed if it were not for the apparent family ties. Mr. Gambino, who is free on $1 million bail, has denied being related to Giovanni Gambino, who investigators say is part of a Brooklyn-based Sicilian faction of the Gambino crime family.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043616
11/12/22 09:31 PM
11/12/22 09:31 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Leukemia. Terrible disease.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043635
11/13/22 06:50 AM
11/13/22 06:50 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Wow RAT move
How did he get away with that?
In that family….

You have your son testify
No street justice?

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043642
11/13/22 03:04 PM
11/13/22 03:04 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
anthony federici what do we know???
-alleged to be consigliere at time of death...when roughly did he take the position??
-was a queens based capo for a long time. i guess when he no longer was capo as there are a few articles saying as much who took over as capo??
-was it victor colletti or anthony romanello??
-or neither?
-is it possible that the genovese and bellomo use a few different old timers as consigliere?
-over the years it has been dom cirillo,mario gigante,lawrence dentico,anthony federici who have been mentioned. maybe at some point all of them acted as senior advisors to younger admin members. or maybe none of them and the genovese don't use a consigliere position.

thoughts and answers?

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: BensonHURST] #1043680
11/13/22 11:36 PM
11/13/22 11:36 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Wow RAT move
How did he get away with that?
In that family….

You have your son testify
No street justice?

I think his son and most fo the others were not involved in mob activities or part of mob life so testifying is natural. Tough Tony himself was badly involved anymore, he kept his son away form it. The fight was a bunch of drunk 20 year0olds in a brawl, with one guy pulling a knife and turning it into more than that.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: VitoCahill] #1043681
11/13/22 11:41 PM
11/13/22 11:41 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
-alleged to be consigliere at time of death...when roughly did he take the position??
-was a queens based capo for a long time. i guess when he no longer was capo as there are a few articles saying as much who took over as capo??
-or neither?
-is it possible that the genovese and bellomo use a few different old timers as consigliere?
-over the years it has been dom cirillo,mario gigante,lawrence dentico,anthony federici who have been mentioned. maybe at some point all of them acted as senior advisors to younger admin members. or maybe none of them and the genovese don't use a consigliere position.

thoughts and answers?

If we believe the Ciro Perrone tapes, Federici wanted to be involved as little as necessary, If that was truly the case, he could not have been in a top position involving heavy activity. A consigliere is a busy position, maybe he handled a few members as a semi-active captain. He seemed to have spent up to 70 hours a week in that restaurant, that leaves little time for mafia activity. The feds saying he was consigliere may have been a wrong guess on their part, or a way to stir up talk in hope of finding out who was really in the spot.

Last edited by jace; 11/14/22 12:32 PM.
Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: jace] #1043686
11/14/22 11:07 AM
11/14/22 11:07 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
-or neither?

thoughts and answers?

If we believe the Ciro Perrone tapes, Federici wanted to be involved as kittle as necessary, If that was truly the case, he could not have been in a top position involving heavy activity. A consigliere is a busy position, maybe he handled a few members as a semi-active captain. He seemed to have spent up to 70 hours a week in that restaurant, that leaves little time for mafia activity. The feds saying he was consigliere may have been a wrong guess on their part, or a way to stir up talk in hope of finding out who was really in the spot.

He didn't want to be involved in anything trivial, but he was definitely heavily involved until his dying day. He never left the restaurant because he didn't have to. They all came to him

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: VitoCahill] #1043687
11/14/22 11:10 AM
11/14/22 11:10 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
-or neither?

thoughts and answers?

Makes sense they started and mastered the “FRONT BOSS” scenerio.
Also, changing the rotation on a ruling committee.

Rotating advisors would make sense
Keep the G guessing.

Makes surveillance much harder.

Even keeps lower end members and associates in the dark so they don’t have much useful information to trade up for a “GET OUT OF JAIL CARD”

Last edited by BensonHURST; 11/14/22 11:11 AM.
Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043800
11/15/22 09:54 PM
11/15/22 09:54 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Both families probably had a sitdown these beefs among neighborhood boys did happen once in a while.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1043803
11/15/22 10:17 PM
11/15/22 10:17 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

He was also one of those guys into racing pigeons lol.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Hollander] #1043804
11/15/22 10:34 PM
11/15/22 10:34 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Both families probably had a sitdown these beefs among neighborhood boys did happen once in a while.

You have not seen that neighborhood. It is 99% Hispanic. Predominatley Mexicans, followed by Columbians, followed by other Latin American countries. I doubt they go to him for disputes, The only disputes he handlled of theirs was when a busboy and waiter in his place had a dispute.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1044000
11/19/22 01:23 AM
11/19/22 01:23 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I just read Gangland, interesting how Capeci calls him by the nickname "Tony Parkside." He uses it several times instead of Tough Tony, I wonder which he was more commonly used.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1044064
11/19/22 11:04 PM
11/19/22 11:04 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In recent years he was linked by the FBI to Gregorio Gigliotti 'ndrangheta was trafficking coke to Calabria and Toronto.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/19/22 11:05 PM.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Hollander] #1044068
11/19/22 11:46 PM
11/19/22 11:46 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
In recent years he was linked by the FBI to Gregorio Gigliotti 'ndrangheta was trafficking coke to Calabria and Toronto.

That turned out to be nothing but owning restaurants in the same area. Federici was there over 40 years with no problems, Gigliott had come fairly soon before the drug arrests. If there was any hint of a real tie they would have made it into a bigger case and Tony Parkside would be the star attraction for federal prosecutors.

Re: RIP Tough Tony Federici [Re: Giacalone] #1044070
11/19/22 11:52 PM
11/19/22 11:52 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
In this video potential members of the Mafia's future Corona crew display their fight skills. Filmed near his restaurant and club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV-VpwlTdEg

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull