GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (joepuzzles234, Hacker, TheKillingJoke, Toodoped), 688 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,783
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,528
Posts1,062,427
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? #1068962
09/12/23 04:34 PM
09/12/23 04:34 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Albert Tocco used to control NW Indiana and his rackets stretched all the way out to Joliet and south to Kankakee, IL.

Is there any action anymore in these two places for the Outfit? Such as Chop Shops? I would think there possibly would be, but the gangs honestly may have taken both over completely.

I know we have a couple members on this board that can answer this question. Thank you.

Last edited by RushStreet; 09/12/23 04:36 PM.
Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: RushStreet] #1068964
09/12/23 05:15 PM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
I don't have a subscription, but I saw this on Reddit early this summer.

https://gangsterreport.com/gr-sourc...n-street-affairs-back-under-mob-purview/

CT-CT
Highlights from behind the paywall:

-Reputed Chicago mob capo Frank (Tootsie Babe) Caruso reclaimed rackets in Northwest Indiana for the Outfit between 2019-2021, per sources. Caruso sees this victory as a crowning achievement of his leadership of the 26th Street-Chinatown crew, one source claims

-Tootsie Babe Caruso may retire soon per multiple sources. Caruso’s brother Bruno and first- cousin Leo, are alleged to be Tootsie Babe’s right-hand men. Nick (Nicky Spoons) Ferriola, 46 is in line to replace Caruso as South Side crew leader, again per sources.

-“The Carusos sent their people in there and got everybody back in-line,” said one source close to the situation. “Gary, Hammond, Hobart, LaPorte, East Chicago, Merrillville, Michigan City, Crown Point and Valparaiso, those places belong to the Outfit again now.”

Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: RushStreet] #1068965
Peoria,Illinois
S
SonnyfromPeoria Offline
Made Member
SonnyfromPeoria  Offline
S
Made Member
Peoria,Illinois
Ive always assumed there reach was as far as Joilet but ive never come across any names specifically as well as ive never heard any influence by one such person in Peoria eiether...but ive always the Agatucci Family that owns a really good restaurant for long time had there hand in gambling maybe but never no mention...another guy i always questioned was the first owner of thr strip club Big Als...wjich was ran by a guy named Duane Cassano..but he left for Vegas back in the late 90s and a nobody named Al Zuccarini took over owner ship he reminded me of a small Albert Vena being Al was only like 5'6...and again a nobody.

Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: RushStreet] #1068966
09/12/23 05:17 PM
09/12/23 05:17 PM
Peoria,Illinois
S
SonnyfromPeoria Offline
Made Member
SonnyfromPeoria  Offline
S
Made Member
Peoria,Illinois
We do have a Outlaw Chapter tho lol

Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: ChiCubs] #1069127
09/14/23 02:40 AM
09/14/23 02:40 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by ChiCubs

CT-CT

-Reputed Chicago mob capo Frank (Tootsie Babe) Caruso reclaimed rackets in Northwest Indiana for the Outfit between 2019-2021, per sources. Caruso sees this victory as a crowning achievement of his leadership of the 26th Street-Chinatown crew, one source claims

-“The Carusos sent their people in there and got everybody back in-line,” said one source close to the situation. “Gary, Hammond, Hobart, LaPorte, East Chicago, Merrillville, Michigan City, Crown Point and Valparaiso, those places belong to the Outfit again now.”

When the old Chicago Heights group was completely destroyed by the government sometime around the early 90s, meaning with the imprisonments of Tocco, Tootsie Palermo and their own crew in Indiana under Bernard Morgano (son of former Indiana/Outfit capo Tommy Morgano), the Cicero-Chinatown faction aka the South Side mob took over all of their interests around Chi Heights and northwest Indiana.

In fact, the Cicero-South mob eyeballed the Chi Heights area since the days of Buccieri.

Also, back in the days someone told me there were/are still some Outfit guys in Indiana and ill try to find the names.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: Toodoped] #1069142
09/14/23 11:53 AM
09/14/23 11:53 AM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Toodoped

CT-CT

When the old Chicago Heights group was completely destroyed by the government sometime around the early 90s, meaning with the imprisonments of Tocco, Tootsie Palermo and their own crew in Indiana under Bernard Morgano (son of former Indiana/Outfit capo Tommy Morgano), the Cicero-Chinatown faction aka the South Side mob took over all of their interests around Chi Heights and northwest Indiana.

In fact, the Cicero-South mob eyeballed the Chi Heights area since the days of Buccieri.

Also, back in the days someone told me there were/are still some Outfit guys in Indiana and ill try to find the names.

That would explain why for example that Fred Barbara controls a landfill in Kankakee.

Re: Is there action anymore in Joliet and Kankakee? [Re: RushStreet] #1069183
09/15/23 06:01 AM
09/15/23 06:01 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Originally Posted by Toodoped

CT-CT

That would explain why for example that Fred Barbara controls a landfill in Kankakee.

Thats right and this also might explain Caruso's high stature.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull