GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, 1 invisible), 704 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,747
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,518
Posts1,062,239
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Strange Case of Vincent Calderazzo #1069583
09/19/23 09:54 PM
09/19/23 09:54 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Online content OP
Underboss
Liggio  Online Content OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Vincent Calderazzo, aka Gazut, soldier in the Genovese Family. Calderazzo was killed in 1977 by fellow Genovese soldier Joseph Ullo. Ullo had duped Genovese boss Vincent Gigante out of $200,000 and fled to the West Coast. Calderazzo was sent there to locate him and was subsequently killed by Ullo, who then had him buried in the desert. Hikers later found his bones there.

My question is, Gigante just let him get away with that? He didn't send more guys? Anyone familiar with this?

Re: The Strange Case of Vincent Calderazzo [Re: Liggio] #1069592
09/20/23 04:46 AM
09/20/23 04:46 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Gigante sent two guys out there one was named Richie other unknown, to look for Ullo and find out what happened to Gazut. Frank Tieri and Nunzio Provanzano were running interference with Gigante operations in New Jersey around this time, hence why Gigante was sending New Yorkers out to find him. One maybe both were blocking Richie and the other guy out west. Chin was also using L.A. well Fat Tony was, until Jimmy Fratianno flipped, then the Genovese were unsure of who to trust at the time. After Ullo killed Calderazzo, he hid out at Big Bear Lake, then Shasta lake until things cold down. L.A. also had Tommy Ricciardi looking for Ullo. When Chin became the boss he sent Fritzy out there, who reported that Peter Milano was no help and they should go through Mike Rizzo which did payoff but before they could make a move, Ullo was arrested, Fritzy was called back to New York and had low opinions of Los Angeles family with the exception of a few members out there notably Mike Rizzo crew. After the Chin might have just called it off cause after Ullo was released from prison nothing happened to him.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The Strange Case of Vincent Calderazzo [Re: Liggio] #1069606
09/20/23 07:52 AM
09/20/23 07:52 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Online content OP
Underboss
L
Underboss
Houston
Yes I honestly don't get that LCN feeling when reading about the West Coast Mafia.

Re: The Strange Case of Vincent Calderazzo [Re: Liggio] #1069610
09/20/23 09:55 AM
09/20/23 09:55 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Online content OP
Underboss
L
Underboss
Houston
What I'm wondering is, the guy ran to the West Coast with 200K, which in the 1970s had to be like having a over a million today, AND he's hiding from the mob, yet he's still out there committing crimes? Mind-boggling.

Last edited by Liggio; 09/20/23 10:04 AM.
Re: The Strange Case of Vincent Calderazzo [Re: Liggio] #1069654
09/20/23 04:30 PM
09/20/23 04:30 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Before Calderazzo went out there, Ullo was not really hiding. He was running a jewelry store, and had a thief ring going on. He was also making moves in taking over businesses and illegal activities in LA family territory and LA was a pushover making the area open. Frank and Angelo weren't having it, and reached out to the Genovese family as Ullo was dropping their name. That is how the Chin found out where he was, and the Genovese told LA they could hit him and had another vote out there to make sure LA knew this would be a big favor for the Genovese, but Jimmy Fratianno had other matters across the nation, most notably Chicago and Cleveland, then he was demoted to soldier. Ullo was still openly operating, so the Chin sent Vincent out there. After Calderazzo was killed that was when Ullo went into hiding for awhile. Fratianno messed a lot of operations that LA and other families were doing in California and other parts of the country, that many halted their operations or shut them down completely. So Ullo came out of hiding but was more cautious this time, but he would run his operation for years until he was arrested and the Chin had his hands full with Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Connecticut during this time period, but did manage to send Fritzy out there. When Ullo got out, Mike Rizzo was locked up and him and Peter Milano was not seeing eye to eye on matters, which make it easier on Ullo. Also Ullo was a gangster through and through, so even when he had that much money when he ran to California, he was not going to stop being a gangster. Funny thing is that Joseph had a meeting with one of the top guys in California asking to join their family before all this happened and was disrespect and decided to go out on his own using part of Chins money to start up his jewelry business, this information was not furnished until the 1990s.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull