GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 711 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,021
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,444
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,835
Posts1,070,164
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What Really Happend. #89153
01/14/05 04:29 AM
01/14/05 04:29 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline OP
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline OP
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
One thing I'm really interested in is the assassination of President Kennedy and the controversy surrounding it. I have seen tons of documentaries, read lots of books and gone over many websites searching for the truth. I thought I had seen just about everything.....but there is a new shocking photo that could shed some new light on the case! There is alot of evidence that links Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby but there has never been conclusive proof until now!!!!

:p :p :p :p

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: What Really Happend. #89154
01/14/05 05:42 AM
01/14/05 05:42 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
That's pretty funny. My uncle has the poster of that picture (sans the mic and dj equipment of course... the real one) hanging in his office at home. I'll have to email that pic to him, he'll get a kick out of it.

By the way, I've always been really interested in all the theories too... what do you think about them? I mean I know no one knows for sure (well obviously some people knew at some point, but most of them are dead now), but having looked at a bunch of theories, what do you think so far?

Re: What Really Happend. #89155
01/14/05 07:04 AM
01/14/05 07:04 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
By the way, I've always been really interested in all the theories too... what do you think about them? I mean I know no one knows for sure (well obviously some people knew at some point, but most of them are dead now), but having looked at a bunch of theories, what do you think so far?
No doubt in my mind that there was more than one shooter. I've always leaned towards the Oliver Stone angle myself.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What Really Happend. #89156
01/14/05 11:59 AM
01/14/05 11:59 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

I was watching a documentary on the Kennedy Assassination last night. I find it very funny how people said that Jack Ruby wanted to be famous and that's why he killed Oswald. IF I DIDN'T SEE THE DOCUMENTARY I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN WHO JACK RUBY WAS!

You never learn about him in school, I've seen other documentaries where they just say "a man" killed Oswald while being walked to the Jail.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: What Really Happend. #89157
01/14/05 12:05 PM
01/14/05 12:05 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:

You never learn about him in school, I've seen other documentaries where they just say "a man" killed Oswald while being walked to the Jail.
Now that is just plain sad. I guess the further and further away you get from the incident they think kids aren't gonna be interested in it, so why bother telling them. I learned about him, and I went to the crappiest schools you could think of.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: What Really Happend. #89158
01/14/05 12:11 PM
01/14/05 12:11 PM

and I want to a private school that cost a pretty penny.

My fiance who also went to a private school (different one) had no idea who Jack Ruby was either.

The sad part was that "oswald killed Kennedy" is about the extent that we learned of it

Talking to people in college about high school etc.. for the most part it seems like almost everyone for 4 years learned about different aspects of history up to about ww1. every single class ends with that, no vietnam etc..

Re: What Really Happend. #89159
01/14/05 12:35 PM
01/14/05 12:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
The sad part was that "oswald killed Kennedy" is about the extent that we learned of it
I was in junior high school when Kennedy was killed, so we had many class discussions on the assassination. Thinking back now, though, those discussions were little more than "current events" discussions, and not "history". A few scant years later the subject of the assassination was not discussed much in high school.

You younger guys and gals may want to get a copy of The Warren Commission Report. The Warren Commission was a government investigative group headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren (and included later president Gerald Ford) that sought answers involving questions of JFK's killing. Much like the 9/11 Commission Report (on the terorist attacks) its a fascinating read into the assassination. Its been criticized as being a white-wash, but its still interesting nonetheless. I still have my Bantam Book Extra copy that I bought on the first day of its release. It cost me a dollar, then a week's allowance!

Re: What Really Happend. #89160
01/14/05 04:14 PM
01/14/05 04:14 PM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline OP
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline OP
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Quote:

Talking to people in college about high school etc.. for the most part it seems like almost everyone for [b]4 years
learned about different aspects of history up to about ww1. every single class ends with that, no vietnam etc.. [/b]
That never made any sense to me. Yes I think it is a good idea to learn about history from hundereds of years ago but IMO those classes should focus much more on the past hundered years. What has happend most recently is much more relevent to today than some war between Spain and France 800 years ago. :rolleyes:

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: What Really Happend. #89161
01/14/05 04:20 PM

NGE- myself, a teacher and a few of my friends got a petition going to try and get rid of Greek Mythology and make a current events (past 75 years) history class- it was shot down before we could hand them the names.

Re: What Really Happend. #89162
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]

Talking to people in college about high school etc.. for the most part it seems like almost everyone for [b]4 years
learned about different aspects of history up to about ww1. every single class ends with that, no vietnam etc.. [/b]
That never made any sense to me. Yes I think it is a good idea to learn about history from hundereds of years ago but IMO those classes should focus much more on the past hundered years. What has happend most recently is much more relevent to today than some war between Spain and France 800 years ago. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Amen! I loathed learning about the BC era and everything up until about 1700. It was boring as hell. I did learn about Jack Ruby though. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: What Really Happend. #89163
01/14/05 04:44 PM
01/14/05 04:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Like SC, I too was in high school, in the classroom when the news broke. Definitely "history" in the making, sad as it was.

My daughters both graduated in the 90's and they never studied the assassination either. It does amaze me, especially since it happened in this lifetime. In my view this is the "crime" of the century and probably something, as horrible as it is, wouldn't have the same impact today as it did then. Our nation is not as naive I guess.

TIS

PS. Let me add, that when JFK was running for President, I saw him up close, sitting in an open convertible.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What Really Happend. #89164
01/14/05 04:50 PM
01/14/05 04:50 PM

TIS- In terms of President's visits and all of that it really shaped the way things are carried out. A President can't ride in an open limosine (I can't spell) The Secret Service goes ALL OVER within a certain radius to find ANY and ALL places someone could hide etc...

Can someone tell me if there is a reason why there are all these documentaries going on NOW for the assasination? Wasn't it Nov 22 that he was actually shot

Re: What Really Happend. #89165
01/14/05 04:56 PM
01/14/05 04:56 PM
California

California
Hi DMC

Yes, I'm sure there is much more protection now than back then for the President (understandably so).

I noticed there were none on in November, and didn't realize they were showing them now. Since this has always captivated me, can you tell me what channels and days these are on??? I find that many times they have "new" perspectives and ideas, and I like to learn all I can.

This will always be of interest to me.

Thanks

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: What Really Happend. #89166
01/14/05 05:01 PM
01/14/05 05:01 PM

There was a 2 hour long one on last night on the history channel. It goes into the life of Oswald (he was only 24 when he shot the President), it talks about Jack Ruby, it also has an animated recap of what happened, showing where the bullet was fired and how it hit etc..

There was one on yesterday morning on the discovery channel, only about an hour long though.

On January 22nd from 7-8 pm on the History Channel they have- "Jack Ruby Conspiracy?"

the 2 hour one was just played on the history channel at 12 eastern. It is called "The Kennedy Assasination: Beyond Conspiracy" it was very interesting. Keep checking the History Channel website, it HAS to come on again.

Re: What Really Happend. #89167
01/14/05 05:15 PM
01/14/05 05:15 PM
California

California
Assuming these specials cover JFK's election/ presidency maybe they are airing them now because the inaugaration is coming up next week???? Just a thought.

TIS

Re: What Really Happend. #89168
01/14/05 05:20 PM
01/14/05 05:20 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I know its only a film but "Kevin Costner's Jfk"

That's a pretty good theory of how things could have been.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: What Really Happend. #89169
01/14/05 05:53 PM
01/14/05 05:53 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
I also didn't learn anything about the JFK assasination while at school

i once watched a programme about it but it was quite along time ago so i can't remember much

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: What Really Happend. #89170
01/14/05 08:35 PM
01/14/05 08:35 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Ruby was associated with Giancana's organization.

The Mob whackewd JFK, and the CIA knew it.

All of it's pretty common knowledge what happened if you do some research on the people and events involved. The film "The Rat Pack" gives an accurate view of what happened, but not the killing. The film ends a little while before the assassination.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull