GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 307 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,534
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Best of Network TV P. I: House M.D. #130778
09/28/05 12:46 PM
09/28/05 12:46 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline OP
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline OP
E
Made Member
In a world where Network TV is run by money-hungry executives ready to pollute the airwaves with crappy TV shows and disposable shows that would not see fall, there is One Show that will break the mold. One of those shows is Fox's "House M.D." the story of Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) a jaded, misanthropic, cynical, sarcastic and crippled diagnostician (one of the best in the world) that would rather be belittling his boss, staff and patients with his poisoned-filled words than to spend time doing clinical work. That is, until an interesting and seemingly impossible case to solve appears. Then the fun REALLY begins.

This is possibly one of the 5 best shows right now. Each show is a puzzle to be solved, the writing is magnificent, the directing is top notch and the medical mysteries are great.
But undoubtedly, Laurie is the best part of the show. He plays (in my opinion) the best character in recent years. House hates the human race, his words (when they're not medical) are like a spiked whips ready to destroy other people's self-esteem and get them off guard. Still, he is the kind of doctor you would like to have a t your side: honest, fearless and, at heart, a good man who wants to help his patients.

The supporting characters (Boss Dr. Lisa Cuddy, who wouldn't flinch in sending House packing, but has to deal with House every single day just because he costs the hospital a couple million a year to contract; House's ex, Stacy Warner, who is the lawyer of the hospital and the responsible for House's leg loss and the staff (Dr. Watson, House’s sidekick, Dr. Foreman the hot-headed no-nonsense doctor, Dr. Chase the young hot-shot Australian and Dr. Cameron, the young woman-doctor who is in love with doctor)are very strong and interesting characters.

House is not your typical medical drama. It mixes the good drama with some great, smart comedy and Laurie's impressive characterization and flawless American accent (he's a consummated Brit comedy actor) and with more concentration on the hospital scenes rather than the personal lives outside the hospital, House is a treat not to be missed.

Dr. Gregory House: [to the crowd in the walk-in clinic's waiting area] Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg." I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning.
Dr. Lisa Cuddy: Short, sweet, grab a file.
Dr. Gregory House: This ray of sunshine is Doctor Lisa Cuddy. Doctor Cuddy runs this whole hospital, so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a bored... certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will.
[to Lisa]
Dr. Gregory House: That is true, isn't it?
[to crowd]
Dr. Gregory House: But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?
[nobody moves]
Dr. Gregory House: And who would rather wait for one of the other two guys?
[everybody raises their hand]

Dr. Wilson: Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth.
Dr. Gregory House: And truth often kicks us in the nads.

Dr. Eric Foreman: I think your argument is specious.
Dr. Gregory House: I think your tie is ugly.

[Dr. House is seeing a patient whose skin is bright orange seeking treatment for back pain]
Dr. Gregory House: Unfortunately, you have a deeper problem. Your wife is having an affair.
Orange patient: What?
Dr. Gregory House: You're *orange*, you moron. And it's one thing for you not to notice, but if your wife hasn't picked up on the fact that her husband has changed colours, she's just not paying attention. [IMG]

Re: Best of Network TV P. I: House M.D. #130779
09/28/05 02:53 PM
09/28/05 02:53 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Well Brown, I'm glad before you leave the states that you've decided to follow the footsteps of yours truely into writing (hopefully) regular columns.

From Executive Producer Bryan Singer....HOUSE M.D. is a nice TV show, but besides the entertaining and Emmy-nominated Hugh Laurie, I don't care for it in general. However, I do understand why many dig it.

The only Basic Network(UPN/ABC/NBC/WB/CBS/FOX) programs I like:

FOX - AMERICAN DAD/THE SIMPSONS/KING OF THE HILL/FAMILY GUY/ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

CBS - CSI & CSI: NEW YORK

NBC - LAW & ORDER and yes, even L&O: The Rape Show(as I call it).

Mostly, the only Television series-programs I dig are on cable or premium cable TV. Consider alone that HBO has THE SOPRANOS, DEADWOOD("You Cocksucking Mother Fucker!"), the hilarious CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, the so-far good ROME, the supernatural-drama CARNIVALE(before it was cancelled unfortunately), and back in the day, I dug OZ.

Still, pretty damn good column E. Brown. Hope to see more from you in the future, before you move to the false-commie haven of Cuba, with its filtered internet services and many banned movies.

Re: Best of Network TV P. I: House M.D. #130780
09/28/05 04:05 PM
09/28/05 04:05 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline OP
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline OP
E
Made Member
I greatly apprecciate the feedback Ronnie "Brown's Favorite Poster" Rocket.

I've already picked the TV shows that I'm going to review daily (several of which you've listed)

Coming Soon

Supernatural (WB)
British Comedy Block (PBS)
The CSI Trilogy (CBS)
The Simpsons (Fox)

And more

I'll also review some cancelled/finished shows and Mexican Telenovelas that are worthy of cult followings.

Stay Tuned.

P.S. I haven't decided where to go yet, so hold on tight...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull