GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday The Irish Mafia 28.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,827
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,554
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,639
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"The American Taliban" #142821
01/10/06 04:50 PM
01/10/06 04:50 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Quotes, Quotes, Quotes oh my....certainly worth reading.

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Re: "The American Taliban" #142822
01/10/06 05:13 PM
01/10/06 05:13 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Simply disgusting. Simply astounding how stupid people are. Those quotes are unbelievable.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: "The American Taliban" #142823
01/10/06 05:23 PM
01/10/06 05:23 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Perfect examples of people who give Christianity a bad name.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: "The American Taliban" #142824
01/10/06 05:24 PM
01/10/06 05:24 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
America too.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: "The American Taliban" #142825
01/10/06 08:27 PM
01/10/06 08:27 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Some scary stuff there

I'm not scared by 40 or 50 quotes from extreme right-wingers that someone rounded up and put on a website.

What really scares me is that there are probably tens of millions of Americans who, deep down inside, agree with most of it. :rolleyes:

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: "The American Taliban" #142826
01/10/06 08:30 PM
01/10/06 08:30 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My views on this, being as concise and to the point as possible:

Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin - If God appointed Bush, who appointed God?

Pat Buchanan - More nuggets of wisdom by President in his own mind Buchanan.

George W. Bush - I'm not with you or the terrorists. I don't support Al-Qaeda or the Bush Administration.

Anne Coulter - Stupid bit**.

Jerry Falwell - See Pat Robertson.

Rush Limbaugh - He's Rush Limbaugh. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Star Parker - Who the hell is Star Parker?

Ronald Reagan - Is the "Battle of Armaggedon and the Second Coming of Christ" something I should deal with this week or should I leave it for next week?

Pat Robertson - It is scary that a man of such stupidity, ignorance and abnormality is given such prominence and respect by so many in our society. This man is an unbalanced, dangerous, psychopathic individual who should learn to think before he opens his mouth.

Jimmy Swaggart - When I'm having sex with a whore, I don't pretend I'm doing God's work.

Jerry Vines - And you're an important person, why?

Re: "The American Taliban" #142827
01/10/06 10:25 PM
01/10/06 10:25 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
So where's the Democratic-Atheists rebuttal?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: "The American Taliban" #142828
01/10/06 10:58 PM
01/10/06 10:58 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
eh?

What reponse could be made to such ignorance and nutty stuff that I just read on that webpage?

Certainly I can't construct one...

Re: "The American Taliban" #142829
01/10/06 11:28 PM
01/10/06 11:28 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Let the wackos talk. They're only showing themselves as the idiots they are. :rolleyes:

On a humorous, yet political note, I thought this was funny.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: "The American Taliban" #142830
01/10/06 11:29 PM
01/10/06 11:29 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Re: "The American Taliban" #142831
01/11/06 12:34 AM
01/11/06 12:34 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I agree with some of those.

Although I wouldn't call them the American Taliban, that's stretching it I believe.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142832
01/11/06 03:15 AM
01/11/06 03:15 AM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
I think Gary Bauer's statement is true and could be applied to most cultures/countries when you really look at things. I question why it was included in there except as an attack on Bauer himself for his beliefs, which is something the Taliban did itself.

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: "The American Taliban" #142833
01/11/06 04:16 AM
01/11/06 04:16 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
I agree with some of those.
I'm afraid to ask
Quote:
Originally posted by don illuminati:
I think Gary Bauer's statement is true and could be applied to most cultures/countries when you really look at things.
Yeah, his statement was mild by comparison, and he didn't say anything specific enough there to get himself into trouble.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: "The American Taliban" #142834
01/11/06 06:20 AM
01/11/06 06:20 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Seriously.

I've got a few comments too:

--Pat Robertson's hand looks like a baseball mitt, did anyone else notice this? That is his hand, right?
Also, I looked him up, it turns out he's written a book called "Bring It On." I wonder if the Kirsten Dunst movie was based on it.

--I almost want to see Fred Phelps in person one day, and actually hear him talk. I bet he's like a train wreck; as scary (or annoying) as it is, you can't look away because something about him fascinates you in a sick way. In his picture, he looks certifiably insane... I wonder how seriously he takes himself.

--Kay O'Connor's comment about women's suffrage was my favorite. Uh... does she know she's a Senator???????? Because, I don't know, maybe she didn't realize it. :rolleyes: I also wonder if she knows that, back when we couldn't vote, we couldn't RUN for office, either.

Yeah, the rest was just your average predictable stuff, they all said pretty much the same thing. Was anyone really surprised? I mean we've been reading about these guys for years... nothing new here. I'll be shocked the day Jerry Falwell says something that makes sense. That's what would be "astounding."

Re: "The American Taliban" #142835
01/11/06 07:22 AM
01/11/06 07:22 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
Although I wouldn't call them the American Taliban, that's stretching it I believe.
No, it's very much like Taliban rhetoric.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: "The American Taliban" #142836
01/11/06 11:28 AM
01/11/06 11:28 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

This wonderful website is chock full of comments from the vast majority of whom have no real political clout or power.

Putting the Reagan quote into context, it is no secret that he felt that nuclear armageddon was coming, hence his talks with Gorbachev, SDI, et al. Can anyone doubt that nuclear war would essentially be the end of the world as we know it?

How about some choice liberal quotes?

"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time-never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people."
Bill Clinton

Well, we all know how that one turned out.

"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."
Jane Fonda

Who is she married to? Oh, that's right, the biggest media congolmerate capitalist in the world. Shoot. It looks like capitalism is treating her just fine.

"We live in fictitious times. We live in a time with fictitious election results that elect fictitious presidents. We live in a time when we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. We are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you. Shame on you."
Michael Moore

You know, they gave Doris Kearns Goodwin a good whacking for her inventive plagarism, but its sad when Michael Moore can invent words and be acknowledged in this fashion. Boy, I sure love Team America: World Police.

"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown." Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio

Of course, because, you know, we rammed some cannons down into the Palace and decided to invade Britain and turn it into a fundamentalist territory of the United States. :rolleyes:

"He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that."
Patty Murray- Democratic Senator Washington (speech to a high school honors class)

I didn't realize Al Qaeda terrorist camps were now cross-referenced by the zoning departments of Afghanistan as "schools, roads, day-care and health-care facilities."

"Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future." - Jimmy Carter

Wait, you mean narrow vision like telling people that they should weather an energy crisis by wearing sweaters, and placing the blame on the American people? That is some far-reaching scope, Carter-domus.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" - Bill Clinton

"This vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for President"
Hillary Clinton

HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT ONE OUT?!?!?

"I mean, I think, Iraqis, I think, feel that if we drove smaller cars, maybe we wouldn’t have to kill them for their oil.”
Bill Maher - Larry King Live (November 1, 2002)

I didn't realize Bill Maher was an Iraqi citizen. Hmm. Funny, he doesn't look Arabic.

"We don’t know whether in the long run the Iraqi people are better off, and the most important thing is we don’t know whether we’re better off." - On the question of whether qetting rid of Saddam Hussein was a good thing.
Howard Dean - Former Democratic Govenor of Vermont and Democratic Presidential Candidate in 2004 (Meet The Press 6/22/03).

Yeaaaargh! That's right! We won't know whether Iraqis will be better off had they remained with a mudererous genocidal dictator or a self-ruled democracy for quite some time. Maybe this is that narrow-vision Jimmy Carter was talking about?

"Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did."
Walter Mondale- July 19, 1988

Ummm...? :p

"They could call Jesus a terrorist too. I mean, he was pretty tough on money lenders a time or two."
Ramsey Clark- former Democratic Attorney General (during a media event for an anti-war group)

I knew it. Jesus is a terrorist, which is why all Christians are terrorists too! :rolleyes:

And of course, the best are for last...funny, for all those who claimed to be purposefully misled by the Bush Administration, many of these quotes date back to the Clinton Administration, oddly enough:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." Nancy Pelosi Dec 16, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and wehave to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"For the risks that the leaders of Iraq will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against usor our allies is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline Albright, Feb. 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"Saddam Hussein is using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States." Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)and others, Dec 5, 2001

"There is no doubt that Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue." Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001

"Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the USA and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001

"We should be hell bent on getting those WMDs, but we should try to do it in a way which keeps the world together and that achieves our goal which is removing Saddam Hussein" - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Dec. 9, 2002

"Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandates of the U.N. and is building WMD's and the means of delivering them." Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sep. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"War against Iraq is simply a long-standing right of the United States and other nations to take the actions they deem necessary in their self-defense." Wesley Clark, Sept. 26, 2002 House Armed Services Committee Testimony.

"Saddam Hussein retains his chemical and biological warfare capabilities and is actively pursuing nuclear capabilities." Wesley Clark, Sept. 26, 2002 House Armed Services Committee Testimony.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons." Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"Saddam Hussein has since (10/98) embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President the Authority to USE FORCE to DISARM Hussein because I believe that the DEADLY Arsenal of WMD's in his hands is a Grave Threat to our Security." Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and willlikely have nuclear weapons within the next five years." Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct. 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity." Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"Saddam has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"It is clear that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"Saddam would resort to chemical and biological weapons against our troops in a desperate attempt to save his regime if he believes he and his regime are ultimately threatened." Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) Oct. 8, 2002

"Saddam Hussein used chemical and biological weapons. He disregarded UN resolutions. His forces fire on American jets. And he has the potential to develop and deploy nuclear weapons." Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"We are in possession of compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 CBS Face The Nation

"We need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..." Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"With respect to Saddam Hussein and the threat he presents, we must ask ourselves a simple question: Why? Why is Saddam Hussein pursuing weapons that most nations have agreed to limit or give up? Why is Saddam Hussein guilty of breaking his own cease-fire agreement with the international community? Why is Saddam Hussein attempting to develop nuclear weapons when most nations don't even try, and responsible nations that have them attempt to limit their potential for disaster? Why did Saddam Hussein threaten and provoke? Why does he develop missiles that exceed allowable limits? Why did Saddam Hussein lie and deceive the inspection teams previously? Why did Saddam Hussein not account for all of the weapons of mass destruction which UNSCOM identified? Why is he seeking to develop unmanned airborne vehicles for delivery of biological agents?" Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), October 9, 2002 Congressional Record Sen. John F. Kerry

Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal. Iraq has continued to seek nuclear weapons and develop its arsenal in defiance of the collective will of the international community, as expressed through the United Nations Security Council. It is violating the terms of the 1991 cease-fire that ended the Gulf war and as many as 16 Security Council resolutions, including 11 resolutions concerning Iraq?s efforts to develop weapons of mass destruction." Congressional Record Sen. John Edwards, October 10, 2002

Re: "The American Taliban" #142837
01/11/06 01:32 PM
01/11/06 01:32 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I love how this topic was made about Americans who are obviously too religious and all you can do is post quotes about people from the left who have a different opinion on issues than you.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "The American Taliban" #142838
01/11/06 01:43 PM
01/11/06 01:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I love how this topic was made about Americans who are obviously too religious and all you can do is post quotes about people from the left who have a different opinion on issues than you.

Yeah, what's wrong with you JJ? You should have started a NEW topic titled " The Al Quaeda From The Left!" :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142839
01/11/06 03:39 PM
01/11/06 03:39 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:

Define "too religious" for me. Please. From a liberal standpoint. Is that a technical term? After all, they have a different opinion on issues than you. :rolleyes:

By that same token, I happen to find the quotes I posted to be hilarious. Then again, I can't be like Ted Kennedy and just will things to happen.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142840
01/11/06 04:13 PM
01/11/06 04:13 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I love how this topic was made about Americans who are obviously too religious and all you can do is post quotes about people from the left who have a different opinion on issues than you.

Define "too religious" for me. Please. From a liberal standpoint. [/b][/quote]"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity..." -Ann Coulter

"Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals." -Paul Cameron

"Our goal must be simple. We must have a Christian nation built on God's law, on the ten Commandments. No apologies." -Randall Terry

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [Gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything!" -Rick Santorum

"Raising your children under Americanism or any other principles other than true Christianity is child abuse." -Robert T. Lee

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it." -Michael Savage

Quote:
Is that a technical term?
No.

Quote:
After all, they have a different opinion on issues than you. :rolleyes:
I don't call for exterminations and people to convert if they have a different opinion than me.

Quote:
By that same token, I happen to find the quotes I posted to be hilarious. Then again, I can't be like Ted Kennedy and just will things to happen.
Okay...

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "The American Taliban" #142841
01/11/06 04:15 PM
01/11/06 04:15 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
why do some conservatives bitch and cry about what liberals think? Last I checked, they controlled Congress, the White House, much of the media(or the media that actually MATTER), and the judiciary.

Its like they need someone to beat on just to excuse their shortcomings in Washington.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142842
01/11/06 04:54 PM
01/11/06 04:54 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Ann Coulter.

Hmm, is she related to Cortez?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: "The American Taliban" #142843
01/11/06 07:24 PM
01/11/06 07:24 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports **** is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."
I'm a supporter of it. You all know my funeral song, so farewell!

Quote:
"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
Tough choice.

Quote:
Henry Morris (Institute for Creation Research)
"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data."
When seeing his face, I think science actually did misinterprete its data.

Quote:
"AIDS is a racial disease of Jews and ******s, and fortunately it is wiping out the queers. I guess God hates queers for several reasons. There is one big reason to be against queers and that is because every time some white boy is seduced by a queer into becoming a queer, means his white bloodline has run out."
Arguably the worst of all.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: "The American Taliban" #142844
01/12/06 10:08 AM
01/12/06 10:08 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity..." -Ann Coulter

"Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals." -Paul Cameron

"Our goal must be simple. We must have a Christian nation built on God's law, on the ten Commandments. No apologies." -Randall Terry

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [Gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything!" -Rick Santorum

"Raising your children under Americanism or any other principles other than true Christianity is child abuse." -Robert T. Lee

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it." -Michael Savage

Guess what all of these people you've listed have in common? With the exception of Santorum, none of them are elected officials, and none of them have any political power.

Seems to me like you dislike people for being "too religious," as you like to say, yet their opinions have very little if any worth in reality.

Quote:
I don't call for exterminations and people to convert if they have a different opinion than me.
You did want to ban smoking entirely outside the home though, which would, much like exterminating people, violate their civil liberties.

Quote:
much of the media(or the media that actually MATTER)
I didn't realize CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, and The Washington Post all were less important that Fox? :rolleyes:

Proof?

---

Obviously these are choice quotes by people who are either a.) being taken out of context or b.) obviously fucking wacko. I'm not trying to defend them, I'm simply saying that it shouldn't just be a bashing of conservatives or right-wingers, both sides have fucking wackos. Yeaaargh.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142845
01/12/06 10:13 AM
01/12/06 10:13 AM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E Lucky R Offline
Made Member
E Lucky R  Offline
Made Member
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This is why I love the internet.

Expose them fools!

> give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142846
01/12/06 11:22 AM
01/12/06 11:22 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Really DJ, quit acting like a crybaby. Besides, you seem to over-react to the actual legit power that those news corporations have.

For one thing, who the f*ck watches the evening network news anymore if they want to know what is happening at the moment? Hell, people either use the internet or Cable news channels to find out. ABC and CBS aren't the breadwinners of the news, but FOX NEWS and CNN. Really, the only people that watch those network news programs are either old farts who think beet juice taste good and poor people or cheap bastards that can't or will not pay for cable TV.

As for New York Times and the Post, so? You really hung up on newspapers? The POST right now is simply it seems to be a tabloid rag in D.C., and well the TIMES....

Compared to FOX NEWS, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, who knows how many national syndicated political radio talk show programs, the syndicated columns of (wacko) people like Anne Coulter, all those books that fly off the shelf that involve how evil liberals are and how they also were involved in killing JFK, eating babies, for 9/11 and kicking your dog.

Fact is, the conservatives are the majority power-controlling faction in America. Yet many still need to blame their....how we say...inept and lousy work in D.C. on some enemy group.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142847
01/12/06 01:10 PM
01/12/06 01:10 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
JJ, I'm just wondering, do you agree with some of the quotes? And if I'm allowed to ask, which ones?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: "The American Taliban" #142848
01/13/06 05:43 PM
01/13/06 05:43 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
How about Crissy Hynde's outrageous statement that she'd only wished we'd had more bombs go off on 9-11-01? Please, people, be reasonable: There are enough nuts on BOTH ends of the spectrum, neither any more nor any less outlandish than the other.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: "The American Taliban" #142849
01/13/06 05:58 PM
01/13/06 05:58 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Snake, no shit. No shit. Better yet, same with folks who call Bush "Hitler". Please, Hitler at least was charismatic...

Re: "The American Taliban" #142850
01/13/06 06:10 PM
01/13/06 06:10 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
There are enough nuts on BOTH ends of the spectrum, neither any more nor any less outlandish than the other.
I certainly like the nuts on the left end of the spectrum more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull