GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 617 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,734
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,511
Posts1,062,165
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TT attacks #154081
04/11/06 08:57 AM
04/11/06 08:57 AM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
I saw a documentary about the 9/11 attacks, and it looks like many people dont believe that Bin Laden is behind it. Some people say they simply dont know, some think its the Bush administration, some think its the jews etc.
who do you think is behind these attacks? please cast your vote.

TT attacks
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 12/31/69 08:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: TT attacks #154082
04/11/06 10:37 AM
04/11/06 10:37 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Debra:
I saw a documentary about the 9/11 attacks, and it looks like many people dont believe that Bin Laden is behind it.
The someone should have them explain this :

( a partial audio version from a video of Bin Laden and his cohorts right after the 9/11 attacks)

UBL: (...Inaudible...) we calculated in advance the number of casualties from the enemy, who would be killed based on the position of the tower . We calculated that the floors that would be hit would be three of four floors . I was the most optimistic of them all. (...Inaudible...) due to my experience in this field, I was thinking that the fire from the gas in the plane would melt the iron structure of the building and collapse the area where the plane hit and all the floors above it only. This is all that we had hoped for.

We were at (...inaudible...) when the event took place. We had notification since the previous Thursday that the event would take place that day . We had finished our work that day and had the radio on. It was 5:30 p.m. our time. I was sitting with Dr. Ahmad Abu-al-((Khair)). Immediately, we heard the news that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. We turned the radio station to the news from Washington. The news continued and no mention of the attack until the end. At the end of the newscast, they reported that a plane just hit the World Trade Center.

Here's the complete transcript :
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/12/13/tape.transcript/

How is it that those doing these television programs or interviews never seem to ask the right questions to these people and throw facts at them when they make these ridiculous assertions?

Debra, I understand that you are just posing a question here out of curiosity because of what you heard and saw on that program. So my comments are not directed at you.

But those who concoct these conspiracy theories obviously do not really do their homework and obviously are too far removed from all the details that took place on the day of those attacks and the months following them.

Doubting that Bin Laden was behind those attacks only shows me how uneducated, clueless and quite frankly full of shit many of these people really are.

Not talking about you here, but referring to those who come up with these ridiculous theories on these programs and in the media. :rolleyes:

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: TT attacks #154083
04/11/06 10:46 AM
04/11/06 10:46 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I did not vote, but I do believe that 99.999% it was Usamah Bin Laden and his asshole minions. This means, that yes, there is a 0.001% chance that it was Israel (Mossad, Shin Bet, Israeli hard right wing etc.), The Bush Administration (not very likely at all, but remotely possible), or anybody else. Either way, Bin Laden should be captured and put to justice. Justice means that when the overwhelming evidence against him and Ayman Al-Zawahri and the rest of those bastard sons of bitches convicts them, they should be slowly tortured and forced to watch their families die slow, painful deaths after which they are slowly and painfully killed. Doesn't sound very nice eh? Well, Bin Laden is not a nice man and neither are any of those Al-Qaeda cock suckers. They gave up their rights to be treated as human beings the second they formed and joined Al-Qaeda and Al-Taliban. It's a shame that the Bush Administration is too caught up in Iraq to devote any real time or money to attacking the real problem which is Afghanistan, finding Bin Laden and other Qaeda/Taliban bigwigs. I just hope that one day, Allah willing, Bin Laden and the rest, who were responsible for 9/11/01 and the other terrorist attacks around the World that happened after that day are one day caught and get what's coming to them.

Re: TT attacks #154084
04/11/06 11:06 AM
04/11/06 11:06 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
First, and necessarily, let me make it perfectly one thousand million per cent clear that ino no way shape or form, or in any manner., do i subscribe to any 9/11 theory other than the one that attributes the res[pnsibility to Al Qaeda.

That said, however, I must also add that given everything we know about the actions of our government over the last 45 years or so, it never fails to show me how uneducated and clueless those people are who accept everything they are told at its face value and believe it all without questioning it.

As I say, in this particular case I don't believe in any conspiracy theories (I have to keep saying it, lest I be misunderstood) involving 9/11, however.....

If the day should ever come - and I sincerely hope that it doesn't, because such a day would indeed be a dark one for America - when we learn that there's more to the story than what we are now being told, I must admit, sadly, that I would not be totally shocked.

Is there really anyone here who would?

Would anyone here be shocked to learn, finally and without doubt, that the C.I.A. or some other government agency was responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy?

Would anyone be surprised to learn - or in other cases was anyone surprised at what we've already learned - that over the years we were lied to about the assassination of Robert Kennedy, fraud in the 1960 presidential election, Watergate, our involvement in Viet Nam, Iran-Contra, Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick, Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, etc., etc.?

I know I wasn't or wouldn't be.....

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: TT attacks #154085
04/11/06 11:18 AM
04/11/06 11:18 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
P.L., I wouldn't be shocked at all. But given the political climate in North America and around the World and especially for people of my ethnic background and faith it is not easy to say what you really feel regarding this issue. Of course, over here on the bb, I know that I am among friends (friends who I've never seen in person or spoke to over the phone say, but such are the times we live in I guess ) and I can say what I want and I did in my first post in this thread. However, having said all that, I say again that Usamah Bin Laden and his "organization" was most probably, 99.999% responsible for the 9/11 attacks and also as I said I hope he is brutally punished. But, if that dark day (not only for America but for the whole World it would be I think) comes where we find out that the C.I.A., F.B.I. or some sort of other organizations in conjunction with the U.S. Government were in any way actively responsible for 9/11, I would not be shocked. I would be deeply disturbed and troubled by that news but not shocked.

In any case, due to the negligence of then National Security Adviser Condoleeza Rice and President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the rest of The Bush Cabinet, the conditions for the 9/11 attacks were created. Am I saying that they were in any way directly responsible for the attacks? No. Were they negligent, irresponsible, inclined towards dimwitted, idiot bullshit manouvres that essentially accomplish nothing? Yes. They still are.

Re: TT attacks #154086
04/11/06 11:42 AM
04/11/06 11:42 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
given the political climate in North America and around the World and especially for people of my ethnic background and faith it is not easy to say what you really feel regarding this issue.
Maybe you mentioned this before; I don't know.

What is your ethnic backround and faith, if you don't mind m asking (and since you brought it up)?

Re: TT attacks #154087
04/11/06 12:03 PM
04/11/06 12:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

That said, however, I must also add that given everything we know about the actions of our government over the last 45 years or so, it never fails to show me how uneducated and clueless those people are who accept everything they are told at its face value and believe it all without questioning it.

Let me make myself 100% clear here that I would never take everything that the government tells me as gospel, and that I also know that the government has a history of "holding back" the real facts on many issues. The moment we stop questioning our own government and some of it's actions is the moment that we give up our freedoms.

And I agree with you about that Plaw. Anyone with the least amount of common sense would never trust ANY government 100% and just believe everything that they are told by that government 100%, without questioning it. If that be the case then a person of that mentality should just live under a dictatorship.

With that said, and you making it perfectly clear that you in no way support any conspiraciy theories about 9/11, let me point out that on the opposite side of the same coin, there are those out there who just believe every conspiracy theory that is thrown out there, without ever questioning the validity of it's content.

This one here is a perfect example. All one has to do if they have any doubts about Bin Laden being behind the attacks is to do a little research and pay attention to what took place after those attacks and what cintinues to take place right now.

Yes, governments are and have been involved in conspiracies and coverups over the years. but in this case, specifically about the question of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda being behind these attacks, these conspiracy theories are quite ridiculous.

People need to educate themselves before spewing the garbage that they sometimes do.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: TT attacks #154088
04/11/06 12:10 PM
04/11/06 12:10 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
This topic makes me sick!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: TT attacks #154089
04/11/06 12:11 PM
04/11/06 12:11 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
South Asian-Canadian (Indian). Spent 0 - 4 in Kuwait City, Kuwait (there are huge South Asian, Iranian, non Gulf Arab, Philippino etc. expatriate populations in The Persian Gulf Arab States e.g. The U.A.E., Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc.). Came to Canada with my family when I was 4-years-old, Thank The Great Good Lord God Almighty that my parents came to the best country in the World and I grew up, along with my brother, very privilaged.

Muslim, born a Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim. Over the years I explored all the facets and sects of Islam (Shiaism and it's various subsects, Sunnism and its subgroups, Sufism, everything but the crazy Bin Laden fundamentalist idiot variety) and other religions (Christianity ((Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, Eastern Orthodoxy and a lot of their subsects,)) Judaism ((Reform, Orthodox, Ultra Orthodox - Hasidim, Haridim etc.)), Hinduism, Buddhism, Bahaism, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism, Jainism etc.) I've come to the conclusion that all religions seek what is good in humanity and promote goodness so in their absolute essence they are essentially the same. I'm the most "secular" Muslim you'll come across (as you probably already would have surmised :p ). I try my absolute best not to be prejudiced or racist or sexist in any way but many times I do fail and I think that all of us (me, you, every body) is racist or prejudiced to a certain degree. You can claim that you are not or wrap it up in some sort of semantic, intellectual, highfalutin argument but we all are to a certain degree. It's human nature. Those who are the least so are the nicest people I think.

It's a shame and really a tragedy I think that religion and race/ethnicity/nationality/creed/colour are used as an excuse for war, hatred, senseless violence and just plain idiocy. I think Rodney King said it best when he said: "Can't we all just get along?" :p

Re: TT attacks #154090
04/11/06 12:25 PM
04/11/06 12:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
But given the political climate in North America and around the World and especially for people of my ethnic background and faith it is not easy to say what you really feel regarding this issue. Of course, over here on the bb, I know that I am among friends (friends who I've never seen in person or spoke to over the phone say, but such are the times we live in I guess ) and I can say what I want and I did in my first post in this thread. [QUOTE]

I am trying to understand what you mean here. Are you saying that it is not easy for you to give your opinion of these matters, outside of posting them on these boards, because of the part of the world that you live in?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: TT attacks #154091
04/11/06 12:40 PM
04/11/06 12:40 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don C., well no, I don't think I would say that at all. In fact living in Canada makes it 100 times more easier for me to voice my opinion the way I see fit than if I were to live in say...Pakistan, Cuba, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, China or wherever. However, as a Muslim (not practising or devout as I mentioned but I do consider myself a Muslim) there are automatic assumptions and stereotypes that people make about you and your (Muslim) family and friends. I don't know, maybe it's just me being my paranoid self. It's just that, at the airport or wherever, if I get extra scrutiny cuz of say how I look, I'm not offended by that. On the contrary, it means the security people are doing their jobs and I've got no problem taking off my shoes or belt or having my carry on searched or whatever. I'm not a terrorist, I never was a terrorist and never will be a terrorist.

Also, The Bush administration has turned the devastation, horror, and terror of the 9/11 attacks into a 1984like perpetual state of war and fear to control the population of The United States of America and the rest of the free world. If not to control, at least to create a cold war McCarthy era sort of atmosphere where people are suspicious of every body else. If this fear or whatever it is causes people to vote Republican (or for the Conservative parties in their countries) then all the better for the Bushies.

Having said all this, I do not in any way, shape or form, wish Bush to fail in Afghanistan and Iraq despite what I think of him as a man and as a President. Literally, the future of the World will be decided by the war in Afghanistan and the war on Iraq. Naturally I want the West and the free World to prevail in both wars. I am just perplexed though, on Bush's refusal to devote more time, attention, money and troops to Afghanistan.

Re: TT attacks #154092
04/11/06 12:51 PM
04/11/06 12:51 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Don C., well no, I don't think I would say that at all. In fact living in Canada makes it 100 times more easier for me to voice my opinion the way I see fit than if I were to live in say...Pakistan, Cuba, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, China or wherever.
Ok, I understand what you meant now. Thanks for the response.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: TT attacks #154093
04/11/06 01:01 PM
04/11/06 01:01 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yeah, no problem man. I love my country, I love my faith. It's not a perfect world and it never will be. Life, I think, is about making the best with what you have been given and what you have acquired. To come to a conclusion about a person based on something that is beyond his/her control is the height of stupidity in my opinion. To make sweeping generalizations about a group of people or even on an individual basis is also very, very, stupid. Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Canadian, American, Mexican, whatever. Money has always been more important to me! :p

Re: TT attacks #154094
04/11/06 02:17 PM
04/11/06 02:17 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
As much as I loathe Bush, I don't believe that anyone other than terrorists were behind the 9/11 attacks.

Re: TT attacks #154095
04/11/06 05:00 PM
04/11/06 05:00 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I think that all of us (me, you, every body) is racist or prejudiced to a certain degree. You can claim that you are not or wrap it up in some sort of semantic, intellectual, highfalutin argument but we all are to a certain degree. It's human nature.
Of course. It's just in the nature of animals to be xenophobic in some sort of way. The less we can hide those feelings, surpress them, and try to lose them, the more humane we are. That's what differenciates man from other animals: the ability to act humane. Too bad that doesn't always show in today's (and yesterday's) world...

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: TT attacks #154096
04/11/06 05:08 PM
04/11/06 05:08 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I'm the most "secular" Muslim you'll come across (as you probably already would have surmised
Because of the porn?

Serious now, I admire you for having studied religion so accurate. How long did that take you? And did you covered the historic facts-like aspect and the techical sides of the religions, or also the 'real side', the 'religious thing' of the religions? (I know, kinda vague, but I hope you'll understand.)

I'm planning on doing the same things, and learn about the major religions Christendom, Islam, Jewism, Hindoeïsm, and Boeddhism. Not to the same extent as you probably (I mean, you read about all those smaller religions and the sub-parts too).

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: TT attacks #154097
04/11/06 05:17 PM
04/11/06 05:17 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
If the day should ever come - and I sincerely hope that it doesn't, because such a day would indeed be a dark one for America - when we learn that there's more to the story than what we are now being told, I must admit, sadly, that I would not be totally shocked.

Is there really anyone here who would?
I would. I wouldn't be if there was more behind some of the other major subjects that have fallen to conspiracy (JFK to name one), like a CIA, FBI, NSA, or government part in those scandals.

But this is really clearly the work of Jihadi's, and the American government or one of the intelligence agencies wouldn't have had a real advance when they were part of it.

So I would be shocked if I heard the government, CIA, ... did this to their fellow countrymen. If that were ever true, my not so big trust in the (current) American government would really go to zero.

The only other one that I believe to be guilty in 9/11 is Israël. But that's like 0,1 % next to the 99,9% that I'm sure a freaky Jihadi group like Al Qaeda did the 9/11 attacks.

Re: TT attacks #154098
04/11/06 05:45 PM
04/11/06 05:45 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...I must also add that given everything we know about the actions of our government over the last 45 years or so...
:rolleyes:
Seems I've heard this tune somewhere before...

Why don't you just start your own sovereign nation, plaw...then at least you'll know you can trust the gov't, although the fun of not trusting it (and reminding the rest of us any chance you get) will make life all the more boring.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: TT attacks #154099
04/11/06 06:46 PM
04/11/06 06:46 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
And you're gonna keep hearing that tune every time I hear the tune that prompts it.

I will remind you every chance I get, just as someone like you reminds us every chance you get about their blind faith in the government and how those who suggest otherwise are in some way fooish, silly, unpatriotic, or, as I believe you referred to them, "Geeks".

Contrary to what you may think, BTW, not trusting the governemnt is NOT fun or pleasant. I would much prefer to have faith in our elected leaders and trust what our government officials tell us.

And I certainly have no plans to start any soverign nation of my own. :rolleyes:

Don't run that "America - love it or leave it" crapola on me.

I live in the United States of America which, despite its faults, is by far the greatest country in the world.

I'm perfectly happy living here, and perfectly happy with my role as a patriotic American citizen, which, although you are apparently unaware of the fact, includes the right to question, criticize, and employ whatever other legal means I wish to in the name of making our country even greater and a better place for everyone.

Re: TT attacks #154100
04/11/06 07:25 PM
04/11/06 07:25 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I have to laugh when you go on & on also about that 'blind faith' thing. I did support the President on the Dubai Port issue and think it's a shame that it fell through. I do support Bush on Iraq and the War on Terror. I do think Cheney shot that poor fellow by accident.

I'm angry and disappointed with our President on many other issues, not the least of which is how he allowed this illegal immigration thing to get out of hand. I don't have 'blind faith' in GW, but I did vote for him and would again over Gore, Kerry, Clinton or any Dem put up against him. Because right now, I feel he's the best man for the job.

But there, there...I know you like to harp on the 'blind faith' thing, just like you like to harp on the 'blind hatred' thing you feel conservatives have for the other side.

It just gives you that much more to rant over.

Rant away, the thread is yours...

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: TT attacks #154101
04/11/06 07:53 PM
04/11/06 07:53 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
you like to harp on the 'blind hatred' thing you feel conservatives have for the other side.
When did I ever say that I felt that conservatives have a "blind hatred" for the other side?

Quite the contrary, in fact.

I know quite a number of conservatives whose point of view I respect - since I consider virtually no issue to be black or white - and who respect my POV for the same reason.

And of course I appreciate your disappointment with President Bush and I agree that Cheney shot the guy by accident - alway did, AAMOF (although I don't see what that has to do with anything here).

Re: TT attacks #154102
04/11/06 09:33 PM
04/11/06 09:33 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Plaw, if you do start your own country, as president of Neal's fan club, can I also be president of Plaw-land??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: TT attacks #154103
04/11/06 09:40 PM
04/11/06 09:40 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Plaw, if you do start your own country, as president of Neal's fan club, can I also be president of Plaw-land??
His own country? Hell, I think he should run here in the U.S. He's not afraid of those slippery slopes. I can see all the conservatives cringe at the thought.

You can always go with the "Green" party PLaw.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: TT attacks #154104
04/11/06 09:45 PM
04/11/06 09:45 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS - If I get to be president, I'll choose you for my VP. We can promise a meatball in every pot!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: TT attacks #154105
04/11/06 10:45 PM
04/11/06 10:45 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Debra:
some think its the jews etc.
Wicka-whaaaaaaaaa!?

Anyone else find that humourous? It's either because that comes off as blaitently racist, and a completely outrageous claim, or because I have this vision of a bunch of highly religious hisidic Jews flying around in a 747...

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: TT attacks #154106
04/11/06 11:04 PM
04/11/06 11:04 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Enzo Scifo, I have been interested in religion all my life. I took a religious studies class in high school (gr. 11 I believe) and I am taking Introduction To The Phil. Of Religion this Summer. Ironically, I was much more religious when I was younger. In my early teens I was pretty into Islam and discovering my roots and stuff but at 17 about I started to really lose interest in becoming very, well, let's say "religified."lol!

As far as informal study, learning starts the second you are born and does not (or at the very least should not stop) until you are in your grave. I've read from Al-Qur'an, The Bible (Old and New Testaments), in fact I own at least 20 Qur'ans in one form or another and 2 or 3 Bibles as well as the Hindu Gita. Reading from the text of a certain faith doesn't mean you belong to that faith or any faith. I am at peace with my religious beliefs and this is why I do not try at all to push mine on others. I believe in what I believe in and I will definitely do all I can to educate those who have any interest in the subject about Islam or whatever. I respect Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Muslims, Christians, Jews and those of all faiths. Whatever you do between Friday morning and Sunday evening is your business and yours only. The separation of Church and State is one of the foundations of Western Liberal Democracies and is essential to have any kind of true freedom. Theocracies do not last, do not work and are not to be desired.

As for the porn er...uh...and the whores and the booze and the gambling and the...well, let's just say I'll have a lot to explain to Allah when I meet him (whenever that may be ). I hear Allah is reasonable so hopefully we can reason together. :p

Re: TT attacks #154107
04/12/06 10:34 AM
04/12/06 10:34 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
His own country? Hell, I think he should run here in the U.S. I can see all the conservatives cringe at the thought.

You can always go with the "Green" party PLaw.

TIS
Even I would change my party and support him if Plawrence ran for office. Maybe I can be his speech writer.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: TT attacks #154108
04/13/06 01:20 AM
04/13/06 01:20 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
TIS - If I get to be president, I'll choose you for my VP. We can promise a meatball in every pot!!
Where would you live? In the Green House?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: TT attacks #154109
04/13/06 12:08 PM
04/13/06 12:08 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.
-General William Tecumsah Sherman, in 1860-something.

I'll tell you who I would vote for, though.....Just about any woman, except Hillary Clinton, Condi Rice, or AppleOnYa.

If women ran the world, it would almost certainly be a better place.

Re: TT attacks #154110
04/13/06 09:40 PM
04/13/06 09:40 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Debra:
[b]some think its the jews etc.
Wicka-whaaaaaaaaa!?

Anyone else find that humourous? It's either because that comes off as blaitently racist, and a completely outrageous claim, or because I have this vision of a bunch of highly religious hisidic Jews flying around in a 747... [/b][/quote]They couldn't find anything better to do. Home Depot was closed, so they couldn't tie nooses, and the record store was sold out of Phil Collins albums.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull