Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Didn't the fact that Siegel took Virginia Hill as 'his girl', instead of her being 'everyone's girl' add to him getting murdered?

I think Joey A was one of the people most upset with that.

Virginia Hill robbed the money during the Flamingo construction,this is the rrason why was so hated?

Since the cost of the Flamingo soared from the initial estimate of $1 million, to $6 million, skimming by both Siegel and Hill was possible. It's also credible that Siegel was such a poor businessman and a profligate spender that his mismanagement sent the cost skyward. Hill always said that her money came from gambling winnings, gifts from Bugsy and her work for the Chicago Outfit.

Joey A did have a grudge against Siegel for taking Hill away from him. He had an even bigger grudge because he was one of the investors in the Flamingo project. So did Charlie Luciano, So did Meyer Lansky, Frank Costello and a lot of other investors.

(BTW: Hill testified at the Senate Kefauver hearings in 1951. One naive Senator asked her how she was able to maintain the loyalty and affection of so many men at the same time. "Haven't you heard," she replied. "I'm the best cocksucker in America."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.