Originally Posted by Njein
How about Sammy Santora and Dominick Alongi?

I don't know that there's enough material out there on Santora. But Alongi may be a candidate.

You gotta remember fellas that I also gotta have a personal interest in doing a bio. If the subject matter doesn't really interest me then its a drudgery to research it.

But Cokie Dom Alongi may be an interesting guy. I always tried to pick the more obscure members and associates in order to pique readers interest (and my own). To be honest with you, when I write about most of these well known bosses its somewhat boring because sooo much info is out on them already its hard to dig up more and be 'singular' and new.

But the little known names and crews? Lol Thats where its at for me. Thats why I've done so many exposes on Upstate NY, and other far flung areas and little crews. To bring something new to the table.

In biographies alone I've researched and written over 405 subjects. And besides the better known bosses most of those have been on the lesser known guys. Likewise I've developed 13 'racket industry' exposes, written about 5 different gangland wars, and over 59 very extensive Family or regime and crew exposes.

I've got a few more still up my sleeve. But I gotta be honest, the well is starting to run a bit dry on subject matter. I've covered so much that there's not that much interesting stuff (IMO) left to do. LOL

ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia site has become a reliable encyclopedia on organized crime. But at some point it's gotta trickle off. Like everything else in life I guess.

Last edited by NYMafia; 05/24/21 06:43 AM.