Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Hey Jace, can you explain the reason behind Vincent Papa's murder? And was he a made guy?

He was an associate and Sperling had a hatred for him. Different reasons are given, one is Sperling wanting to known as be the biggest drug kingpin in prison, another is he claimed that because Papa may have given information on the detectives who had ratted him out, it made Papa a rat, which is pretty dumb on Sperling's part, but he was known nut. Sperling once told the cops to go ahead and arrest his mother, that she could handle it.

Papa would never have been in that prison, or the general population if he was a rat. What has been forgotten is that he was working with NYPD cops and detectives to get and sell the heroin. The detectives were stealing it from the police evidence room and giving it to dealers like Papa to sell. When they were caught the cops started giving each other, and Papa, up.

Sperling got some Black inmates he was friends with to kill Papa. He was said to have paid them but how I can't recall. I am not just going by the Gregory Wallace book, although I recommend it to anyone who can still find it online. I read it a few years ago in a library over the period of a few days.