Originally Posted by Malavita
Originally Posted by LittleAl2021

On September 18, 1991, DeSantis along with capos Anthony Baratta and Frank Lastorino and soldier Frankie Frederico conspired to kill Alphonse D'Arco in the Kimberly Hotel in Manhattan but failed.
DeSantis walked into the Kimberly hotel wearing a bulletproof vest and a gun in his waistband, D'Arco spotted the gun, while DeSantis went to hide the gun in the bathroom, D'Arco made his escape and defected to become a government witness.

I always had trouble believing that story. i don't see why the Lucchese would try to kill D'Arco in a Manhattan Hotel while they would have plenty of opportunities to hit him quietly.

To me that story didn't make sense and I think D'Arco was paranoid in that case.

It did not make sense at all, on another site it was said that they one of the people at the meeting was abusive and disrespectful to him in the hotel, and he left angry and went to the feds soon after as a way to get back. How reliable that account is can be tough, but it makes a lot more sense than his story of guns and bulletproof vests, and of killing him right there in a hotel with cameras filming anyone who comes and goes.

He admitted in his book he had contact with tan FBI agent before the hotel meeting, but was not planning to rat. Yeah, right!!! I think he was never respected by most members. I base that on his trying so hard to get made, and his getting put down as nothing more than an ice cream salesman when his name came up as a candidate.