Originally Posted by Malavita
Originally Posted by LittleAl2021

On September 18, 1991, DeSantis along with capos Anthony Baratta and Frank Lastorino and soldier Frankie Frederico conspired to kill Alphonse D'Arco in the Kimberly Hotel in Manhattan but failed.
DeSantis walked into the Kimberly hotel wearing a bulletproof vest and a gun in his waistband, D'Arco spotted the gun, while DeSantis went to hide the gun in the bathroom, D'Arco made his escape and defected to become a government witness.

I always had trouble believing that story. i don't see why the Lucchese would try to kill D'Arco in a Manhattan Hotel while they would have plenty of opportunities to hit him quietly.

To me that story didn't make sense and I think D'Arco was paranoid in that case.

I agree. If the Lucchese Family contracted Mikey DeSantis to hit Al DArco in the Hotel he would have walked through the door with a gun equipped with a silencer and put 2 in his head right then. No need to walk in with a gun and bulletproof vest, go hide the gun in the bathroom, go back and talk shop for 30 minutes, etc. Makes no sense. DArco was just paranoid as fuck by then