Originally Posted by NYMafia
Ok. So it seems that the forum is all guessed out and totally stumped as to the name of this guy. I get it...admittedly he was a very hard one. Notorious on the street, yet little known to the public and even mob aficionados alike

His name was Seymour Siskind, aka "Big Seymour" and "Sy the Jew".... an unlikely nerdy name for a guy who was anything but!

He was one of the most prolific high-end burglars and tricksters in the Big Apple, down in Miami Beach, Upstate NY, and just about any other city you mention on the northern East Coast. He was also a major "fence," bookmaker, and an all-around hoodlum and criminal.

As I delved into his life I also discovered something else about him. And that was that he had been a MAJOR undercover Rat for both the NYCPD and the FBI for decades!

...Your gonna love this story I promise you!

And it anyone wants an in depth copy/paste job of NY Mafia's breaking article on Seymour Siskind just sign up for a free trial on Newspapers.com, type the name in quotation marks like this "Seymour Siskind" and Voila! You will automatically know everything NY Mafia knows about the subject without having to pay anything. Just cancel within 7 days