Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
There are videos of her reacting to things, to people's voices, reacting to touch, things like that. When her mother asks her questions, she grunts. I'm no doctor, but that really seems like brain activity to me.
They talked about that very exact thing last night on the CNN episode I saw with Gupte. He said that people in her condition sometimes respond to noise and such but it is more of an instinct or natural movement - whatever that means but he was saying again saying from all the tests / exams there is no brain activity at all. I don't understand it all but it has been pretty consistent from the various people that I have at least seen that they all say no brain activity. He also said that what we don't see is all the times when there is no response, that in all the years that same clip we see is the one that is used because 99% of the time there is no response at all.

As I said the issue of the feeding tube etc is debatable I can see both sides, I lean towards one, however on the issue of brain activity from what I have seen and heard I don't believe there is any, she was without oxygen for over 5 minutes when the initial stroke or whatever occured and the brain never responded since than. Who thinks stuff like that happens to a 25 or 26 year old person?