Burnstein Op-Ed: Reports Of Chicago Mob Legend Jimmy I’s Role As Informant Missing Context, Rewarding FBI For Hypocrisy, Bad Faith

https://gangsterreport.com/burnstei...t-rewarding-fbi-for-hypocrisy-bad-faith/

February 28, 2023 — Everyone needs to pump the breaks here when it comes to what to make of media revelations of recently-deceased Chicago mob underboss Jimmy Inendino’s cooperation status, deliberately and quite indelicately reported on Monday night during Inendino’s wake in Hillside. There’s a lot to unpack here and the headlines people are consuming and even portions of the reporting itself, are lacking critical context.

“Jimmy I” is a genuine street legend in the Windy City. He was revered by many people. This clearly doesn’t sit well with the FBI in Chicago. They obviously leaked the four-decade old internal federal document to ABC’s Chuck Goudie — the top mob reporter in the city –, which states Inendino provided information to the FBI on two occasions, once in the 1960s and once in the early 1970s, that made its way into “302s” (intelligence memos drafted and filed by FBI agents detailing information from sources).

The feds in Chicago don’t make many big mob busts these days. Maybe that was because for 30 years, the FBI in Illinois was actually protecting the man that should have been its No. 1 target. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We’ll get to that later.

Wanting to gloss over the fact that Inendino did nearly 20 years in federal prison in the years after those 302s were filled out, Uncle Sam had ants in his pants in the days following Jimmy I’s death from cancer last Thursday, wanting desperately to wreck Inendino’s shiny reputation as a stand-up guy and for all intents and purposes, take a giant shit on his grave. Congrats, fellas, mission accomplished.