GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 781 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,752
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,522
Posts1,062,272
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Death Penalty #107657
04/21/05 01:48 AM
04/21/05 01:48 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Death penalty will not be of any threat to terrorists atleast. Suicide bombers who go on missions knowing well that they would be killed.

Re: The Death Penalty #107658
04/21/05 09:48 AM
04/21/05 09:48 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Mmm, perhaps a bit more "Hammurabi"-esque, then, XXX? I certainly agree.
I'm all for the "Code of Hammurabi". An eye for an eye. [/b][/quote]I think it was Ghandi who said "An eye for an eye and everyone would be blind".

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: The Death Penalty #107659
04/21/05 10:15 AM
04/21/05 10:15 AM
Detroit
TonyD Offline
Underboss
TonyD  Offline
Underboss
Detroit
I do not support it.

... but not for moral reasons. I don't support it because our government is too inept and corrupt to make use of it.

By corrupt I mean prosecutors who pursue cases and skew or ignore evidence because having a strong conviction record supports their careers. Inappropriate use of authority occurs throughout the criminal justice system and law enforcement ... votes, funding, promotion.

My father was a cop. I was a paramedic and firefighter. Many of my friends are cops or in emergency services. I've had a lot of exposure to law enforcement. The backroom stuff I've become aware of over the years disgusts me.

If we could wave a magic wand and have near perfect implementation, I would probably support the death penalty ... the public having to pay thru the nose to keep someone in prison really bothers me. Particularly when much crime is preventable (like I was mentioning in that previous long rant posted on the Sex Offender thread)

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky
Re: The Death Penalty #107660
04/21/05 11:10 AM
04/21/05 11:10 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Mmm, perhaps a bit more "Hammurabi"-esque, then, XXX? I certainly agree.
I'm all for the "Code of Hammurabi". An eye for an eye. [/b][/quote]I think it was Ghandi who said "An eye for an eye and everyone would be blind". [/b][/quote]As it should be. If you're caught committing a crime, you deserve to be punished. I guarantee if you got caught shoplifting, and they lopped your hand off, you wouldn't do it again. However, the Code would have to be revised and modified, seeing as blasphemy is no longer a crime, nor is cursing.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: The Death Penalty #107661
04/21/05 02:44 PM
04/21/05 02:44 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I support it. I understand & appreciate the viewpoints of those who oppose it - I really do. But people like John Wayne Gacy & Ted Bundy killed dozens of people - our world is safer without them. And had they not been caught, they would have never stopped. Bundy too, had escaped from prison - twice. His second escape he was on the lam for over a month and killed 3 and brain-damaged another.

If someone like that is off this earth so that my kids are safer, I am all for it.

I'm not going to argue that the death penalty serves as a deterrent b/c it does not. But someone who kills is aware that, if caught, they could pay with their own life.

Re: The Death Penalty #107662
04/21/05 03:03 PM
04/21/05 03:03 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Let me put a little twist into this.

If I believe in the death penalty, would it be more likely that I would take another's life if there was a confrontation?

Would I be more likely to kill another person if involved in a fight?

Do people who believe in the death penalty value life any less then the person that does not?

See, you have to look really deep down here.

If you are unlikely to want to take another persons life would that put you in a much weaker position in life.

Would you be afraid that a person may take your life so easily if you pushed that wrong person's button? Would I, being pro death penalty, be more likely to kill you?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: The Death Penalty #107663
04/21/05 03:33 PM
04/21/05 03:33 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Let me put a little twist into this.

If I believe in the death penalty, would it be more likely that I would take another's life if there was a confrontation?

Would I be more likely to kill another person if involved in a fight?

Do people who believe in the death penalty value life any less then the person that does not?

See, you have to look really deep down here.

If you are unlikely to want to take another persons life would that put you in a much weaker position in life.

Would you be afraid that a person may take your life so easily if you pushed that wrong person's button? Would I, being pro death penalty, be more likely to kill you?
Not at all. I don't think anyone against the death penalty has considered that or even needs to consider it. It's a moot point.

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:

Some food for thought. Capital punishment - murder; what if that person wrote a book in prison that inspired others to do great things or NOT commit rape, murder, etc.
In the UK you cannot profit from your crimes (whatever your intention) whilst you are in prison and most murderers are doing a significant amount of time, if not life. I suppose it is viable for those on manslaughter charges (say 15 years prison time).

So die all who betray Giuliano
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull