THE FALL GUY

A love letter from director and former stunt performer David Leitch, gives us Colt Seavers (Ryan Gosling), a stunt guy who's on the top of his game when the film opens but soon suffers a devastating back injury that nearly costs him his life. In turn, he walks away from his career and his girlfriend Jody (Emily Blunt) to remain in obscurity while he works as a valet at a Mexican restaurant in LA. He's given a call by the same producer who worked with him on the film in which he sustained his injury. The film's current stunt man has gone missing and they need him to fill in for him (he's also lured by the fact he's told Jody has personally requested him to fill in). He soon fly's to Australia to fill in as well as (hopefully) rekindle things with Jody. A lot of action and humor packed in here and I'm surprised it hasn't made more noise at the box office. It's not a classic film and may even be forgotten soon but it's still a fun time and with talent like Gosling and Blunt who've proven to hold their own at the box office, I'm surprised and a bit disappointed this hasn't been appreciated more. However, for all the men and women who take the bumps and make the stars look like a million bucks, I'm happy they finally got their time in the sun. 6.5/10