Originally Posted by Captbony1999
Originally Posted by CNote
My buddy Quentin has written to Joey, Anthony and Henry but no responses. Joey and Anthony are hard-core omerta and I don't see them talking but nowadays you never know. Someone like Vlad throws enough money at them and the next thing you know Scorsese's putting out a movie starring Leonardo DeCaprio as Joey Testa.

Do you reckon they’ve seen our letters? I thought the Correction Officers had opened them and put the letters into the bin. I asked for a photo or autograph to hang on my wall and I said I would pay their commissary. Oh well.

There are tons of guys listed on the BB thread “Mafia charts” I bet some of the imprisoned Soldiers would reply back.. and the cool thing in the future some of them may make Captain.

Back in the 90s I wrote to John Gotti in prison, I wasn’t sure how the process worked so I put in a Self address stamped envelope so he could write back.
the prison sent me a letter saying I was not allowed to send stamps as they are basically money, they had a list of things you cannot send, plant shavings, body hair, and other things, I never understood the body hair, but that was on the letter.
And in the end the letter it said that my letter had been forwarded onto the inmate. So I know he received my letter, but I didn’t expect the response, especially back in the early 90s. He was still getting a lot of mail from what I hear.
I also wrote to Henry Hill after watching Goodfellas, sent it to the US Marshall service and witness protection, they sent it back with the letter saying that he had already left the witness protection program and they did not have a forwarding address for him.
I think I wrote other letters at the time, it’s been many decades ago, I don’t remember.
But that was back when I was first getting my interest in the whole mob genre.

Last edited by Millspgh; 05/12/24 04:55 PM.