IN A VIOLENT NATURE

Writer and Director Chris Nash created a beautiful homage to slasher films. In the vein of the FRIDAY THE 13TH series, IN A VIOLENT NATURE follows Johnny (the Jason Vorhees of the picture), stalking and terrorizing a group of friends in the woods. However, what makes this film different than all the others is it's told from Johnny's perspective and follows him around rather than the group of friends visiting. The kills are very gory although a couple of them are cheesy (more of the homage towards the films of yesteryear I'm sure). There isn't much dialogue which I was fine with, you're along on the ride with Johnny. Some will probably say the film is slow and I can see that argument, however, I'll quantify it by stating it's a film of anticipation. We all know what's going to happen and how it's going to end before even stepping foot into the theater. But the point is even though this road has been well traveled, we still want to go down it. We still want to be scared, frightened, and grossed out. I also liked the fact the film doesn't have well known actors as to not take away from the subtlety of the film. I can't say enough how much I thoroughly enjoyed this film and can't wait to check it out again. Easily one of, if not, my favorite film of 2024 thus far! 8/10