Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
I’ll watch it but don’t have high hopes for it

Oh I wouldn't have high hopes, but as someone who grew up on those films, I am just happy to see the old gang one more time

Hell, I thought the third one was pretty bad, but it was still somewhat enjoyable. A lot of it has to do with nostalgia and being fine with mindless nonsense in a world that's a little too serious at times

I don't understand why the third one gets so much hate? I enjoy it and while it isn't the best of the franchise (and honestly, is probably the worst of the series), on it's own, it's not a bad movie IMO.

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Trust me I was growing up in that time too and enjoyed them, it just seems lately with these remakes of popular 80-90’s movies they miss entirely. I hope I’m wrong

I agree. I get the business model: studios are desperately trying to revitalize existing IP's to both draw in fans of the originals while also introducing a new generation to the IP. The only problem is, they miss every time. Look at the countless examples such as Indiana Jones and Rambo just to name a few. The only properties that were able to do it right IMO were TOP GUN: MAVERICK, the COBRA KAI series (so glad Netflix picked it up after YouTube dumped it), and ROCKY BALBOA plus the Creed series.