Don't know Turnbull Palestinian civilians are caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place

That was no free elections
Originally Posted by Kangaroo Don
Originally Posted by Lana
For clarity: *independent of Hamas -- government ie: currently ruled by terror not by democratically elected government

Palestinian civilians are between a rock and a hard place.
I doubt they voted for Hamas. Hamas win was already in the bag even before the polling booths opened!
also Maths doesn't add up? 44.45% of 132 seats is 58? Rigged!

I reckon, majority just wants to live in freedom, peace and security

No doubt there is Jew-hatred-- by the radicalized, the censorship, manipulation and dissemination of information -- facts, arguments, rumors, half-truths or lies, propaganda constantly being fed by the terrorists and antisemitism

I too reckon, majority just wants to live in freedom, peace and security without being ruled by terror

I reckon, the cheering and support of Hamas is so choreographed at gun point
Every step is planned and controlled. Civilians herded in like cattle to do exactly as instructed or Else

What choice do the innocent Palestinian civilians have?
Hamas blends in among them, builds tunnels and command posts in mosques, hospitals and schools, and use them as human shields. Houses Israeli hostages in their homes

How have Hamas gotten to them? October 7, brutal atrocities on Israeli soil. Israel slippin'
04 July 1976 Israeli forces conducted one of the most successful military operations in the nation's history, to rescue civilian hostages held by terrorists at the Entebbe Airport in Uganda
on foreign soil

It is the innocent civilians indeed -- Palestinian in particular between a rock and a hard place -- paying the price [as in other wars as well] because Israel was asleep at the wheel and the Technology can only do so much eg: Iron Dome
including in the hostage rescue. There is a moral obligation to protect all civilian lives