Iovine was made on the same day as Ciro Nuvoletta's murder but that was 1984, not '85.

Antonio Iovine: "It was the entrepreneurs who were looking for the Camorra"
The relationship between the Camorra and entrepreneurs explained by the baby-faced killer, former head of the Casalesi: "They were looking for us". The repentant: "I don't remember how many people I killed"

„It opened a window onto the world of the Camorra. He explained step by step how contracts and relationships with entrepreneurs are managed illegally. Since he started collaborating with justice , Antonio Iovine has been a raging river. The former boss of the Casalesi clan, true "economic minister" of the underworld, now no longer stops in his repentance and continues with confessions.

"At the beginning we didn't look for them. We waited for them, the entrepreneurs, to take the first steps for the contracts, after which we asked them . Then they chose us: each one was looking for a reference with one of us" he revealed Iovine. From entrepreneurship to politics it was a very short step.

"I have never had any kind of problem for the political affiliation of the mayors, on the contrary - he explained - The political position of the mayors was irrelevant for us . Even the children knew it - Iovine exemplified - who in San Cipriano d'Aversa , the real mayor was 'Peppinotto', or rather our Giuseppe Caterino".

Then, the boss explained the reasons for his repentance and recalled his entry into the Camorra. "I started the collaboration to have a better future, to make a change in my life," he told prosecutors in a teleconference at the trial in which, among others, the former mayor of Villa Literno, Enrico Fabozzi, is accused.

"I was affiliated to the Casalesi clan with the sting in 1985, the same day as Nuvoletta 's murder - he said - Antonio Bardellino and Vincenzo De Falco affiliated me. They pricked my finger and made a few drops of blood fall on a holy card I swore an oath whose exact words I don't remember, but in which I promised not to betray the clan."

From that day he began a long and ruthless criminal career. "I have committed many murders, I don't remember them all" , he said again, answering questions from prosecutor Antonello Ardituro. Iovine also attempted to count the number of people he had killed, but was unable to remember them all. He then focused in particular on the first murder in which he took part, that of Ciro Nuvoletta, brother of the Marano boss, Aniello. The murder, Iovine explained, was part of the clash between the Corleonese mafiosi, allies of the Nuvolettas, and the Casalesi group. The Sicilians would have liked Antonio Bardellino to kill Tommaso Buscetta, but Bardellino refused: "For this reason, added Iovine, he himself was later murdered in Brazil."

Every month, he explained, he could count on one hundred thousand euros to pay the "salaries" to his affiliates and to satisfy his personal needs. The boss - believed to be one of the treasurers of the Camorra - paid the families of the detained affiliates and a greater compensation went to those detained in hard prison. The system, Iovine explained, however, broke down in 2010 after the Spartacus appeal ruling, when the clan suffered fragmentation. The last decisive blow may have been given by him with his repentance.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"