Hells Angels are turning this Long Island church into a local headquarters

December, 2018.

An old church in Centereach was converted into a new Hells Angels “Suffolk County” clubhouse.

Lord hear our prayer — and our revving engines.

The notorious Hells Angels Motorcycle Club has bought a church on Long Island to turn into its local headquarters — leaving some residents aghast given the group’s ungodly history.

“All of us are a bit concerned about it because we have young kids and we don’t know what their intention is,” explained Farro Paul, a longtime resident of Centereach, where the property is located.

“A club like this doesn’t belong in a private neighborhood,” the 50-year-old added. “In the ’70s they were a big gang. Now they are involved with nonprofits. I don’t know what they’re up to. There’s a lot we don’t know.”

A Suffolk County police spokesman confirmed the Hells Angels purchase on Monday, along with local officials. The group scored a former Baptist church on Lynbrook Street, but is still working to get the building up to code.

Paul told The Post that members of their Suffolk County chapter moved in several weeks ago and immediately installed a high chain-link fence around the property. A red and white neon sign saying “Hells Angels” was hung as well — right above the old church entrance.

“The sign bothers us,” seethed another neighbor, who declined to give their name.

“The lights are ominous. It looks like the Vegas Strip,” they said. “Every time I leave my house, I’m aggravated.”

Attorney Ron Kuby, who represents the Suffolk County chapter, insists that there’s nothing to worry about.

“They look forward to being productive members of the community and good neighbors — as they have been elsewhere,” he said, noting how the group held a toy drive at the new HQ building earlier this month. “We all recognize that they have a fearsome reputation, but in practice, they are simply a private organization of motorcycle enthusiasts who largely keep to themselves and mind their own business … I have no doubt that in Suffolk County, the neighbors will get to know them.”