DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE

The Merc with the Mouth is back and this time, under the House of Mouse umbrella. Thankfully for fans of the character, he isn't watered down as he's still the lovable, foul-mouthed, killing machine we all love and he's brought a friend back from the dead with him. No one thought Hugh Jackman would ever play Logan/Wolverine again as his last performance was storybook ending; however, it was fantastic to see him back in this way as this is the Wolverine you've never seen before. The two team up to take on a common enemy while keeping their timelines from total annihilation. In addition as we've come to expect from Marvel and Deadpool, there's plenty of humor, cursing, violence, and Easter eggs! Reynolds and Jackman are absolutely brilliant together. I'd love to see outtakes as I'm sure there's great footage there of these guys trying to remain in character. Both come across as having fun which in terms, puts the audience at ease and increases their level of enjoyment as well. This may be the last time we see Jackman as Wolverine (never say never, right?) and I'm very curious now how Deadpool is going to fit into MCU's plans going forward. The team up they both assemble to help fight the baddie in the third act was great as well (but I won't spoil the roster for you). Marvel finally has a legitimate hit on their hands and hopefully this will get audiences interested in their stories again. 7.5/10