First name : Lavinia

Last name : L.

Gender (M/F) : F

Age : It's the most unpolite question I ever heard! More than 30, anyway.

State : Italy

City : Rome

Hobbies : reading, movies, TV

Religious (yes / no) : Roman Catholic

Single / girlfriend-boyfriend / married : single. Whether happily or unhappily depends on my (extremely unpredictable) mood.

Fav subject at school / university : Literature

Most hated subject at school / university : Maths and Chemistry. Any science related.

Primary subject at school / university : Literature

Computers ( not so good / good / expert ) : not so good. The proper word would be "dumb", though.

Favorite computer game : I hate them

Other forums / websites you visit often : cats-related forums and websites

Fav song : Too many to pick one. Maybe "Hotel California"

Fav music album : I don't know.

Favorite singer : Italians aside, I'd say Sting.

Fav band : Police and Depeche mode

Fav line / verse in a song: "Words are very unnecessary they can only do harm" (Depeche Mode/Enjoy the silence)

Members from this forum you've met In Real Life : none. But there are some I'd be delighted to meet.

Favorite T.V channel : Italians aside, National Geographic and History Channel

Favorite T.V show : An Italian one. It's a game you in the States should have on ABC called "Deal or not Deal”. This one aside, I like history and bio programs.

Fav Godfather movie : GF1

Favorite non-Godfather movie: too many to pick one. Schindler's list, Apocalypse now, The remaining of the day, Gone with the wind, Sunset Blv. to name some.

Fav movie genre : drama. Or sensationally good comedy.

Fav director : DeSica, Visconti, Ivory, Scorsese, FFC, Spielberg; Hitchcock (no order)

Favorite actor : Pacino, DeNiro, Hopkins, Hanks.

Favorite actress : Bette Davis, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep

Fav movie quote : "When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn't sound very exciting, does it? But it is!" (Captain Corelli's Mandolin)

How did you find this forum : looking for info about GF.

Fav section in this forum : General discussion, GF trilogy.

Fav thread : none in particular. I don't like the games threads so much. They are a little boring, in the long run.

Fav Author : Dante, Leopardi, Pirandello

Fav Book : too many.

Fav book quote : "Anyone can be heroic from time to time, but a gentleman is something you have to be all the time. Which isn't easy." (Pirandello/The Pleasure of Honesty)

Traveled to : too many places to tell. I miss USA, though!

Things you like about people : unpredictably finding a soul mate

Things you hate about people : arrogance, ignorance, prejudice

The world is (ugly / ok / wonderful) : a combination of the three.

I visit this forum (everyday / 2-3 times a week / rarely ) : 5 days a week

Fav food : fusilli with Mamma's sauce

Favorite drink : Italian white wine.

Fast Food Restaurant: none.

The word "Nostalgia" reminds me of : school days when everything was possible.

Fav sport : thinking!

Favorite sports team : Juventus FC

Which sport do you practice : none

Hottest man alive : George Clooney

Hottest woman alive : Angelina Jolie

Nicknames : Lavi, Lav

Languages : Italian aside, English and a bit of French and Spanish

I've been working : for too long. I'd love to retire tomorrow if I only could.

Any records : eating 11 cornetti in a row. No, I'm not bulimic, it was just gluttony.

Favorite color : azure blue

What is your biggest dream : buying a home with a spectacular terrace

Fav quote : "chi ha buon senso lo adoperi" (more or less, "who got common sense, use it")

Vehicle : Renault Clio

Pick ONE - (Meat / Chicken / Fish / Help,I'm a veggie!!) : I'm a veggie, basically, but I do eat fish.

Favorite season : autumn

Fav Pizza Toppings : the simpliest the better. Anchovies will do.

PINEAPPLE on your Pizza (Disaster / I dont mind / Yummy ) ARE YOU CRAZY???? :rolleyes:

Your pic: Wait and see

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)