THE MOUSE TRAP

Alex (Sophie McIntosh) working late one night at her job at Fun Haven, an arcade for children, is asked by her boss (Simon Phillips) to stay late for a last minute birthday party. Grudgingly doing so in need of the extra money, she and the guests soon find themselves in the mist of a killer in a Mickey Mouse mask knocking them off one-by-one. Another horror film that's been made recently once the property rights entered the public domain: in this case Steamboat Willie, which is the first appearance of Mickey Mouse. Much like THE MEAN ONE or WINNIE-THE-POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY 1 & 2, the audience knows what its signing up for when they hit play. The film doesn't take itself seriously at all and it's a fun, cheesy, horror film if you allow it to be. Although I will admit that the "kryptonite" to the killer could have been a little bit better, I'm not going to grip as the film actually made it to print and I enjoyed it for what it was. Due to a small budget I'm sure, the death scenes are watered down but I can look past it. For my money, please keep pumping these babies out! 5/10