THE CROW (2024)

A remake/reimagining 30 years after the original, we find Eric Draven (Bill Skarsgård) in a rehabilitation center where he meets and falls in love with Shelly Webster (FKA twigs). Shelly is killed by thugs of the baddie of the film, Vincent Roeg (Danny Huston), for possessing an incriminating video of him that could bring him down. Eric is given a second chance and sent back to Earth to make the wrongs right. I know a lot of people were upset this film was made and released, especially after the tragic passing of Brandon Lee who unfortunately gave his life on this film. And while I never read the source material, this film couldn't be more different than its predecessor. The only things they have in common are the title, Draven, and Webster. Other than those, this film is its own entity but its incredibly weak. The script feels like it was written by a middle schooler for a drama project. It's hollow that lacks depth and development. Eric's wardrobes are completely over-the-top (not in a good way), reminiscing as if Machine Gun Kelly were a crack baby. This film gives more time between Eric and Shelly than the original but most of its wasted. The only two things I'll say this has working for it is the soundtrack and the Opera House scenes, which even then, weren't enough to save this. 5/10