STRANGE DARLING

A one-night stand encounter between The Demon (Kyle Gallner) and The Lady (Willa Fitzgerald) finds a serial killer in hunt of their next prey. I applaud the cast and crew of this film as I'm willing to bet it (unfortunately) won't make a lot of noise at the box office but it should as it surpassed my expectations! The marketing is brilliant as I thought I knew what I was getting into when I went in but I quickly found out that I didn't. Both Gallner and Fitzgerald give incredible performances in their respective roles. For a lot of the first 10 minutes of the film, this felt like an homage to the great Quentin Tarantino as it had an Easter egg to Kill Bill, felt somewhat like DEATH PROOF, and is told in 6 non-linear chapters. BLINK TWICE, which was also released this weekend, and the rest of Hollywood could learn a lesson from this: STOP PREACHING and just entertain your audience because that's what they're there for! The movie did somewhat run out of steam during the last 10-15 minutes but I was so engaged by that point I was willing to overlook it. 7.5/10