THE KILLER'S GAME

Dave Bautista stars as Joe Flood, a hitman who's diagnosed with a terminal disease. Wanting to save himself and his ballet dancing girlfriend Maize (Sofia Boutella) the heartache of watching him disintegrate before their very eyes, Joe takes a contract out on himself in order to leave the money from his life insurance policy to Maize. However, once the clock on his contract has begun, he's informed by his doctor there was a mix up with his lab work and he's not going to die after all; unfortunately, he's unable to cancel the contract and must truly fight for his life in order to start a new one with Maize. Dave and Sofia have wonderful chemistry onscreen. You truly believe these 2 are madly in love with one another. Pigeon holed again, Dave plays the hulking big man who's just as lethal with his fists as he is with a gun. My expectations going into this weren't high but I must say I had a lot of fun with it. It's funny, violent, action-packed, and has heart. If it does modestly well, I could see a sequel churned out as after all, Lionsgate is the studio behind this and we know how much they love building out original IPs. If you're looking for a diamond in the rough or some fun and sweet action, go check this out as you won't be disappointed! 7/10