Trump Announces: US Conducting 'Decisive' Military Action Against Houthis in Yemen. US official says strikes on Houthis to continue for days and possibly weeks
a US official tells Reuters, speaking on the condition of anonymity: "An unfolding US military campaign of strikes against Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthis could last days and maybe weeks."
US President Donald Trump announced the start of the operation earlier on Saturday, warning the Houthi attacks against Red Sea shipping needed to stop, or “Hell will rain down upon you.”
Houthis vows Sanaa ‘will remain Gaza’s shield’ as US airstrikes hit Yemen’s capital
Nasruddin Amer, deputy head of the Houthi media office, says the airstrikes won’t deter the Yemeni rebels and that they will retaliate against the US
He adds on social media: 1. “Sanaa will remain Gaza’s shield and support 2. and will not abandon it no matter the challenges,”