From: The Times of Israel March 26, 2025 Iran-backed terror chiefs taunt Israel, remain defiant ahead of Quds Day
Hamas official says war has not broken Palestinians’ will; Houthi chief vows attacks to continue, while Hezbollah leader insists ‘no room for normalization’
Leaders from the Iran-backed axis of resistance sworn to the destruction of Israel struck a defiant tone on Wednesday ahead of an annual Tehran-sponsored pro-Palestinian commemoration later this week, Hezbollah’s Al-Manar television reported.
Quds (Jerusalem) Day commemorations, were launched in 1979 by Iran’s revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini when Iran and its allies organize marches: 1. in support of the Palestinians 2. and call for Israel’s annihilation
They are traditionally held on the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which this year is expected to finish at the end of March.
Palestinian terror group Hamas’s Khalil al-Hayya said in a statement broadcast on Al-Manar: 1. Israel had been “unable to break the will of our people and our resistance,” 2. despite more than a year “of killing, terrorism, and destruction, 3. and despite the full assistance and support of the United States.
The ongoing Gaza war was sparked by Hamas’s October 7, 2023 massacre in southern Israel, when Hamas-led terrorists massacred some 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and took 251 hostages.