ABC News April 4, 2025 Israeli military investigating killing of 15 Palestinian medics, but denies 'execution'
Israel's military said it has launched an investigation into the killing of 15 Palestinian medics and emergency workers in southern Gaza
The IDF has faced serious allegations about the killings, with the bodies found buried in a mass grave. There has been international calls for accountability following the incident, including from the UK and German governments.
The Israeli military says an investigation "outside the chain of command" has been launched into the killing of Palestinian medics and emergency responders in southern Gaza, but denies the group had been "executed."
On Sunday 15 bodies were recovered from what the United Nations has described as a "mass grave", a week after they were fired upon by Israeli forces.
1. The IDF had been roundly criticized for restricting access to crews trying to recover the bodies for days, 2. there are questions as to why the remains were buried under sand alongside the wreckage of bombed out vehicles It's not a smart move nor right
The IDF's spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Nadav Shoshani told a press briefing, on Thursday, a probe had begun. "I don't want to jump ahead of the investigation, but [it's] definitely not an execution," "This was an operational event in a live combat zone.