Quote:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] [QUOTE]
I do not believe the government should have any say over how people express themselves.
The government should have something to say when people express themselves in a way they insult others. Everybody must have the right to express themselves, but it can't be an insult to other people.

MM you have identified the problem. What is an insult to you or me may not be an insult to the next guy. Take a look at talk radio and Cable television....there are lots of people who make a living by saying insulting things. So the question then becomes "who decides what is over the top?" Whoever that may be, I dont want it to be the government.
As you can see it's a difficult subject. The question is what is more favorable and what do you protect? "Freedom to express yourself" or "Right to be protected from insults"...everybody has it's own reasons, but mine is the 2nd one... [/b][/quote]

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."