I feel so old. I've seen so many of the movies mentioned in a theater. :p I agree with I12, that nothing can replace watching a movie on the big screen. Some, especially "spectacles" like Ten Commandments, Titanic, West Side Story, and many others I can't think of right now, are great to see on the big screen the first time.

I did get to see GWTW back in the 70's when they played it at a local theater. The Wizard of Oz would be nice to see on the big screen, although I'm happy to say, both those movies are waaaaaaay before my time.

Although, I don't know that they'd be classified as "spectacles", I would have loved to see any of the James Dean movies on the big screen. It wasn't until they were televised that I saw them, and at that time, with no videos, you simply had to wait, and check your tv guide in order not to miss a good movie.

And in keeping with that era, a movie that's probably more of a "groundbreaker" than an award winner is "Rock Around The Clock." I remember my older brother coming home from the theater saying what a commotion, with people screaming, dancing in the aisles of the theater. With Rock & Roll, at it's birth, and being a fan at a very young age, I would have loved to witnessed the spectacle of the era, you might say.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon