GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 305 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,534
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130414
09/26/05 09:57 AM
09/26/05 09:57 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Out of control. The insensativity thats been displayed in the content of some of these posts is just ridiculous.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130415
09/26/05 10:15 AM
09/26/05 10:15 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Uhuh.

Really, I'm sorry but the Death Penalty is an expensive cop-out for some evil prisoners out of painful life-sentneces that some folks will not address for no reason I see so far.

Notice in the statistics that the rate of executions nation-wise has slowed down over the years.

Besides, is it really proven that the death penalty actually deters crime? I mean in logic, it would seem to, but does it really?

Finally, someone said that with technology now, the likelyhood of an innocent being executed for a crime he/she didn't commit is nill.

Thing is, the "present" state of the art technology of the last few decades and even a century ago, people thought they had a perfect system or best of the best format that keeps such a mistake from occuring...from finger-printing to DNA to advanced-DNA testing. However, don't ever think DNA is the final road-stop on the road to justice.

Fact is, criminals always find a way around new technology and eventually that technology has to be updated by the justice system. Remember those "secured" $100 bills that the Department of Treasury released years back, of which supposedly were fool-proof against counterfeiting? Thing is, some computer-genuises were able to bypass all those security fail-safe measures...and thus the Department had to re-release new bills that are superior, but I wonder when they will be cracked as well.

Then again, Australia now has "Plastic" money that supposedly fool-proof, but who knows...

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130416
09/26/05 10:17 AM
09/26/05 10:17 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Peace by with all of youse.

Respect Life - simple concept, conception to death.

Ironic
Liberals - Abortion, Yes. Death Penalty, No.
Conservatives - Abortion, No. Death Penalty, Yes.

Is the murder of one person less of a crime than the murder of one thousand?

Prison sentences are really not a deterrent to crime. I firmly believe that a murderer does NOT commit the crime thinking about getting caught and the possible sentence.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130417
09/26/05 11:35 AM
09/26/05 11:35 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The death penalty is an idea whose time has gone.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130418
09/26/05 02:02 PM
09/26/05 02:02 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Besides, is it really proven that the death penalty actually deters crime? I mean in logic, it would seem to, but does it really?

I guess not. I remember when George Carlin discussed this by saying how the crime rate would slow if we started bringing back crucifixions, burning at the stake, boiling in oil, and catapulting into walls. :p

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130419
09/26/05 02:42 PM
09/26/05 02:42 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
But hell yes, it's a womans choice, kill that wholly innocent little baby! It is evil! Sentence THAT to death!
The woman conceived it, and let it grow inside her. IT is not yet alive, it is a foetus. It is no human, capable of thinking or feeling. If the foetus is not wanted by the mother then she has the right to kill it. A mother having a child she didn't wanted is not a nice situation, fot both. It's not evil.

But abortion is not the subject.

About death-penalty: The USA is always so big about freedom. The land of the free, both parties have a liberal economic point of view, everything is about freedom.
Now, the most painful thing about being in prison is the lack of freedom. It's something normal people can't even imagine, how hard it is not to be free.
Many prisoners with a lifelong sentence, would prefer a quick death above staying for decades in prison.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130420
09/26/05 03:38 PM
09/26/05 03:38 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
IT is not yet alive, it is a foetus. It is no human, capable of thinking or feeling. If the foetus is not wanted by the mother then she has the right to kill it.

Abortion is not the subject, life is. You may have to do some research on this topic. Many premature fetus are born and are alive. Thinking and feeling? A fetus can do that too. When humans set the criteria for what is "Life" that's when we get in trouble. A new born can't fend for itself, if left alone it will die, it is dependent on it's mother...the same as an unborn fetus. When an elderly person has Alzheimer's we don't know what feelings or thoughts that person has - should we kill them? We tread on dangerous ground when we, as humans, choose or decide when life begins and ends; when feeling and thoughts begin and end. There is no danger when we use conception as the beginning of life. Setting arbitrary parameters is dangerous. Hitler set his parameters for life; no Jews, no Poles, no priests, no crippled, no mentally handicapped.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130421
09/26/05 04:39 PM
09/26/05 04:39 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
The death penalty huh? I say,"To Each His Own."

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130422
09/26/05 04:50 PM
09/26/05 04:50 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
comparing abortions and hitler is not the best example by far.

and i think in the end, its up the the female who's pregnant. its understandable that everyone has their own opinion...but to try and force it upon anyone else is wrong, and to make people feel guilty, or lebel them as murderers is wrong.

while men can have an opinion on whether a girl has an abortion, it is up to her...and i think that should be respected by all.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130423
09/26/05 04:54 PM
09/26/05 04:54 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]But hell yes, it's a womans choice, kill that wholly innocent little baby! It is evil! Sentence THAT to death!
The woman conceived it, and let it grow inside her. IT is not yet alive, it is a foetus. It is no human, capable of thinking or feeling. If the foetus is not wanted by the mother then she has the right to kill it. A mother having a child she didn't wanted is not a nice situation, fot both. It's not evil.

[/b][/quote]Marycas has already done a fine job of showing you the fallacy of your point, but I'll add to that. How can you say that a fetus isn't alive? Cellular respiration, which is the basis of all life, is carried out from the moment of conception. It is a living organism that carries out ALL basic life functions.

Also, you talk about how a woman "conceives" the child but it takes two, a man and a woman. There's only been one case of "immaculate" conception in history (and, they crucified him)

If your argument was true, then why are their such things as "premature" babies? Wouldn't they just be inhuman, by your argument?

Quote:
If the foetus is not wanted by the mother then she has the right to kill it.
You're awful quick to chastize the US about freedoms, but apparently in your mind it is okay for a woman to kill her own child.

GOD FORBID, we kill a convicted murderer. But kill the child, after all, that is unwanted! :rolleyes:

Quote:
double-j i would be a little more sensitive to the fact that there could be people here who have had to make that tough choice...there are easier ways to state a point without sounded like a prick.
Why? I consider all abortionists murderers. Save for maybe the case where a mother is in undeniable medical danger. But otherwise, it is infanticide, and I have absolutely zero sympathy for that person.

Quote:
Now, the most painful thing about being in prison is the lack of freedom. It's something normal people can't even imagine, how hard it is not to be free.
Many prisoners with a lifelong sentence, would prefer a quick death above staying for decades in prison.
Duh...I didn't know prison was supposed to be "fun." :rolleyes:

BTW - what if that person had raped your wife and killed your children? Do you think he deserves more freedom?

Quote:
comparing abortions and hitler is not the best example by far.
Not necessarily. Both Hitler's final solution and the practice of abortion is killing, relentlessly brutal execution.

Quote:
but to try and force it upon anyone else is wrong, and to make people feel guilty, or lebel them as murderers is wrong.
So wait, then it's okay to force death upon a child though, right? Obviously, because they don't have a voice... :rolleyes:

Quote:
and i think that should be respected by all.
And I disagree.

Best,
Double-J

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130424
09/26/05 05:01 PM
09/26/05 05:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
BTW - what if that person had raped your wife and killed your children? Do you think he deserves more freedom?
But if this beast impregnated your wife, you would want to force her to bear that child, wouldn't you?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130425
09/26/05 05:03 PM
09/26/05 05:03 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Do two wrongs make a right? After all, the child is half my wife. Should I kill it then? Would THAT be justice?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130426
09/26/05 05:07 PM
09/26/05 05:07 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
And knowing what your wife went through, that she was raped by this filthy animal, who then murdered her children and left her to live with that agony, you would demand that she carry his child? You would leave her no choice?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130427
09/26/05 05:31 PM
09/26/05 05:31 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
i guess double j descided to appoint himself as moral god. and he has descided to label people who have tough descisions to make. the worst part is he's making comments on something he's probably never been through, or probably has never helped a friend in this situation...because if he had he would be a litte more sympathetic to the psychological and emotional damage that occurs when a person descides to terminate a pregnancy. did you ever stop to think that maybe a girl of 15 who gets pregnant would be better off with the abortion...i mean, i come from a portugese family who would throw out the daughter if such a thing where to happen to her. or how about the way society treats a young pregnant, unmarried girl? the girl becomes an outcast, facing a cruel world alone. this is what i have seen, the experiances some of my friends have been through...do not think you can judge people without being in their shoes.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130428
09/26/05 05:49 PM
09/26/05 05:49 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
i guess double j descided to appoint himself as moral god. and he has descided to label people who have tough descisions to make. the worst part is he's making comments on something he's probably never been through, or probably has never helped a friend in this situation...because if he had he would be a litte more sympathetic to the psychological and emotional damage that occurs when a person descides to terminate a pregnancy. did you ever stop to think that maybe a girl of 15 who gets pregnant would be better off with the abortion...i mean, i come from a portugese family who would throw out the daughter if such a thing where to happen to her. or how about the way society treats a young pregnant, unmarried girl? the girl becomes an outcast, facing a cruel world alone. this is what i have seen, the experiances some of my friends have been through...do not think you can judge people without being in their shoes.
I haven't served the U.S., that discredits my comments?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130429
09/26/05 06:05 PM
09/26/05 06:05 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
its one thing to have an opinion, its another to pass judgement down on people and label them, and make them feel like scum. is that what life is about? is that what being an american is about?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130430
09/26/05 06:07 PM
09/26/05 06:07 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
He is giving his position on the subject, very simple. In his opinion, abortionsists are murderers, that is HIS position.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130431
09/26/05 06:15 PM
09/26/05 06:15 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
that is insensitive, and there are better ways to state your opinion then mislabeling people...while i respect his position and not agree with abortion...i think its a dick thing to say calling people murderers. i bet most people's tunes change when put in the position of having to make that choice.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130432
09/26/05 06:20 PM
09/26/05 06:20 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
JJ, you gotta add "Pee-Pee" to your sig. :p

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130433
09/26/05 07:47 PM
09/26/05 07:47 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
is that what being an american is about?
Absolutely not.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130434
09/26/05 09:52 PM
09/26/05 09:52 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm against it, for reasons stated here many times before

1) It's not applied equally across the board. People who can afford better lawyers do better.

2) Too damn many mistakes.

If both of them problems could somehow be corrected, I'd have no objection to it.
I can't stand too solid on the issue because of the reasons you've stated (especially the first). If the practice was consistant with all murderers, I would be for it.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130435
09/27/05 09:04 AM
09/27/05 09:04 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
that is insensitive, and there are better ways to state your opinion then mislabeling people...while i respect his position and not agree with abortion...i think its a dick thing to say calling people murderers. i bet most people's tunes change when put in the position of having to make that choice.
Shame on me! I'm expressing my honest, frank, politically incorrect opinion!

But heaven (and hell) forbid we condemn the infanticidal murderers who perpetrate this infamia every day.

Sorry if my harshness doesn't appease you, but I refuse to accept in any way the murder of babies. That's all.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130436
09/27/05 09:16 AM
09/27/05 09:16 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
And knowing what your wife went through, that she was raped by this filthy animal, who then murdered her children and left her to live with that agony, you would demand that she carry his child? You would leave her no choice?
So, to justify the act of rape itself, she should kill her child? Will that make the pain go away?

Leaving her no choice? Putting this into the individualistic setting once again. I find that when you are married, you are a FAMILY. Not just one individual.

And I'm sure that if the justice system didn't take care of the bastard, I would have to go Bronson-esque.

Anyways, back to the original point - so because of the origins of a child, does that mean it should be killed? What if even we gave it up for adoption? I still think that would be better than murdering the child which is wholly innocent and did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Quote:
i guess double j descided to appoint himself as moral god. and he has descided to label people who have tough descisions to make.
No. I simply call a spade a spade, and a murder, murder.

Quote:
the worst part is he's making comments on something he's probably never been through, or probably has never helped a friend in this situation...because if he had he would be a litte more sympathetic to the psychological and emotional damage that occurs when a person descides to terminate a pregnancy.
Oh, believe me, I have a friend who works for an abortion clinic that is no longer my friend because of that.

Quote:
did you ever stop to think that maybe a girl of 15 who gets pregnant would be better off with the abortion...i mean, i come from a portugese family who would throw out the daughter if such a thing where to happen to her.
Hey, did you ever stop to think maybe the baby who we're pretending isn't alive ISN'T better off dead? Oh yes, murder the child, that solves everything!

Quote:
or how about the way society treats a young pregnant, unmarried girl? the girl becomes an outcast, facing a cruel world alone. this is what i have seen, the experiances some of my friends have been through...do not think you can judge people without being in their shoes.
Oh, yes. It's so bad that apparently it's discouraging the millions of unwed pregnant mothers out there. Forgive me for not crying a tear for the many who decide to shack up with random guys and end up with 4 different kids by 4 different fathers.

Of course I can judge them, especially when their irresponsible actions result in someones death. By your logic, we shouldn't judge a murderer because, after all, we don't know what he was going through when he decided to blow up, say, the Oklahoma Federal Building! :rolleyes:

Quote:
its one thing to have an opinion, its another to pass judgement down on people and label them, and make them feel like scum. is that what life is about? is that what being an american is about?
Is killing your children, and denying them their rights what America is about?

And how would you know, anyways? I mean, you talk about not judging people unless you're in their situation, but you're Canadian...by your logic, you shouldn't even have a say in this subject.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130437
09/27/05 09:47 AM
09/27/05 09:47 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
DoubleJ I think that you cross a line when you try to tell a woman who carries the baby what decision she should make. That is her body and she is the one carrying that baby so she knows how she is feeling. No one should tell her what to do if they are for or against abortion. She should decide.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130438
09/27/05 10:18 AM
09/27/05 10:18 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Amazing how this became yet another abortion debate.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130439
09/27/05 10:26 AM
09/27/05 10:26 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Amazing how this became yet another abortion debate.
And you're surprised Plaw?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130440
09/27/05 11:03 AM
09/27/05 11:03 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Double J,
Yes, when you are a family, then you do decide things as a family, as a unit. However, if your wife was raped and your children murdered, and you've decided to Charles Bronson this guy's ass, then you don't have much of a family unit any longer, do you?

Yes, you do decide things as a family. However, as DS correctly pointed out, you and your family are not the ones who will have to carry this child for nine months, the child of a man who destroyed everything of value to you and your wife.

However, since this is quite patently the most absurd discussion (I would never even consider it as a debate since it has gone into the realm of Ridiculous Land), that will be the last comment from me regarding this particular scenario.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130441
09/27/05 05:44 PM
09/27/05 05:44 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
DoubleJ I think that you cross a line when you try to tell a woman who carries the baby what decision she should make. That is her body and she is the one carrying that baby so she knows how she is feeling. No one should tell her what to do if they are for or against abortion. She should decide.

DS
i agree, in the end we should respect the descision of the female who does what she wants with HER body. and this topic concerns americans and canadians alike.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130442
10/01/05 05:07 PM
10/01/05 05:07 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:

i agree, in the end we should respect the descision of the female who does what she wants with HER body. and this topic concerns americans and canadians alike.
This would be a valid argument if she was doing something to herself, but she's not...she's killing another human being, her own child, which is an act of murder, plain and simple!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130443
10/01/05 05:10 PM
10/01/05 05:10 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Then what about the Death Penalty?

Oh sure, make excuses, but as you say...."an act of murder, plain and simple!"

c'mon, am I wrong?