GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Kangaroo Don, 1 invisible), 883 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,052
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,523
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,612
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,838
Posts1,070,347
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130444
10/03/05 04:49 PM
10/03/05 04:49 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
so this is back again? well double j obviously you don't know much about human anatomy to say that she isn't doing anything to herself. brush up on biology my friend. the fact is that its inside of her...so in truth, the doctors are doing it to her! second...unless you have some proof that life starts at conception(which according to science it does not) then obviously its not murder.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130445
10/03/05 09:00 PM
10/03/05 09:00 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
so this is back again? well double j obviously you don't know much about human anatomy to say that she isn't doing anything to herself. brush up on biology my friend. the fact is that its inside of her...so in truth, the doctors are doing it to her! second...unless you have some proof that life starts at conception(which according to science it does not) then obviously its not murder.
For someone who tells me to look at biology, I'd check up on that yourself.

1.) She isn't doing anything to herself...the doctors are doing it to her???

WHO IS LETTING THEM KILL HER BABY? SHE IS! :rolleyes:

2.) Telling someone who has taken upper level anatomy and biology to brush up is a tad insulting.

Last time I checked, cellular respiration, the process that is synonymous with life, is carried out from the second conception occurs. The zygote divides, absorbs, excretes, and respirates, all of which are parts of the basic life functions.

If you had a clue, you'd realize science does suggest that life begins at conception. It isn't as if some dead cellular mass has the ability to grow (she'd have a rather nasty case of peritinitis if that was the case), there is a reason the cells are dividing and growing.

So, go open up a textbook, or get a clue. Whichever you prefer.

Quote:
Then what about the Death Penalty?

Oh sure, make excuses, but as you say...."an act of murder, plain and simple!"

c'mon, am I wrong?
So are you saying that a wholly innocent life deserves to be killed, but a convicted murderer who has no chance of being rehabilitated and would kill again should be saved? Some kind of convoluted morality, methinks.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130446
10/03/05 09:28 PM
10/03/05 09:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
No, I'm just saying that you need to choose your wording more wisely next time...me, I'm for all-out legal murder. What about you buddy?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130447
10/03/05 10:34 PM
10/03/05 10:34 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

As long as it isn't infanticide, why not? I mean, after all, I'm ready to go SOCOM on some people at this point.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130448
10/03/05 10:55 PM
10/03/05 10:55 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
infanticide...whatever. well obviously we must be getting different opinions from different scientists becase from what i've read and heard, they do not state life starting at conception. also to go off and say that killing a cell is wrong, so i guess that goes for ever time you scrach your arm, you are killing living breathing cells my friend...cells that do produce other cells. or hey, while we are at it, when you cut your hair.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130449
10/03/05 11:14 PM
10/03/05 11:14 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
infanticide...whatever. well obviously we must be getting different opinions from different scientists becase from what i've read and heard, they do not state life starting at conception. also to go off and say that killing a cell is wrong, so i guess that goes for ever time you scrach your arm, you are killing living breathing cells my friend...cells that do produce other cells. or hey, while we are at it, when you cut your hair.
Funny, because every course, lecture, etc. I've ever taken has stated that the basic element of life revolves around cellular respiration.

I didn't say killing a cell was wrong - however, killing an organism, in this case, an innocent child, is abhorrent. A cell is just a part that makes up a whole. The zygote that divides eventually into the fetus carries out all life functions, is sentient, and is living.

Cutting your hair isn't killing living cells, since not only are the top layers of your epidermis (skin) dead cells that slough off normally, but your hair, fingernails, etc. are all dead, so your argument is invalid.

It doesn't take an idiot to realize that there is a living organism created at conception. The problem is that many rationalize it as something that either isn't alive until birth (which is fundamentally wrong), or various other arguments that rationalize the legalized infanticide of innocent lives.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130450
10/03/05 11:18 PM
10/03/05 11:18 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
What about ants? They're organisms. Should I be put away for stepping on an ant?

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130451
10/03/05 11:21 PM
10/03/05 11:21 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

If you put that much value on the life of an ant (do we know if an ant is sentient?), like some religions do (in India, if I recall), I suppose you could make an argument.

However, in this case, I'm making the argument for human life, wholly innocent human life, extinguished for convenience and rationalized through indifference.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130452
10/03/05 11:26 PM
10/03/05 11:26 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
I just find it amusing how conservatives always switch the topic of the death penalty to abortions.

"I'm pro-life. Oh, he was found guilty? To the chair!"

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130453
10/03/05 11:27 PM
10/03/05 11:27 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
im tired of this, continue being judgemental and narrow minded. im done with this topic.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130454
10/03/05 11:34 PM
10/03/05 11:34 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I just find it amusing how conservatives always switch the topic of the death penalty to abortions.

"I'm pro-life. Oh, he was found guilty? To the chair!"
Oh, wait...you mean, like those liberals, who are never hypocritical..."I believe in the unalienable rights of the individual (unless you are unborn)! I believe in rehabilitation (as long as the criminals aren't in my neighborhood)!"

How about that, actually? Pat, you don't want these people to go the chair, and you want abortions...what if we created a rehab/halfway house next door to you, and had a fetus mass grave in your front yard...would that suit you?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130455
10/03/05 11:36 PM
10/03/05 11:36 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:
[qb] I just find it amusing how conservatives always switch the topic of the death penalty to abortions.

How about that, actually? Pat, you don't want these people to go the chair, and you want abortions...what if we created a rehab/halfway house next door to you, and had a fetus mass grave in your front yard...would that suit you?
talk about taking it to the extreme! im sorry, how old are you?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130456
10/03/05 11:42 PM
10/03/05 11:42 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Oh, I dunno. I find using surgical scissors to cut spinal cords, and vacuums to siphon out undeveloped brains, and forceps to crush little skulls to be pretty extreme.

But apparently for some here, those are just "women's rights."

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130457
10/04/05 01:12 AM
10/04/05 01:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
What is with this idea that all these fetuses are innocent? I mean, where do murderers and criminals come from?

Hell DoubleJ, if you could have aborted Hitler, you wouldn't. You would let that "innocent" live.

Besides, why is it we worry about not ending a life, but as soon as it comes out of the womb, interest is lost. C'mon, you all know I'm right.

Unlike people on both sides, I'm honest. I don't care about the rights of criminals or these bunch of growing-bunch of cells in a tummy, I mean they get more attention and emotion than the rest of us, that is for sure.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130458
10/04/05 03:53 PM
10/04/05 03:53 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
ronnierocketago...i agree with you. that is the most honest and possibly the closest thing we can come to truth in this whole gawddamn thread.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130459
10/04/05 04:25 PM
10/04/05 04:25 PM
E
Eustachius Brown Offline
Made Member
Eustachius Brown  Offline
E
Made Member
Personally, I'm a big supporter of the Culture of Life

No War
No Abortion
No Death Penalty
No Euthanasia.

Plain and simple.

And I have to disagree with you Ronnie: I don't believe people are born evil (unless you are the son of Satan, but that's another topic altogether) but are conditioned to fall into the dark side because of the enviorement around them.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130460
10/04/05 04:55 PM
10/04/05 04:55 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Eustachius Brown:
...but are conditioned to fall into the dark side because of the enviorement around them.
I agree.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 55: The death penalty should be abolished #130461
10/09/05 03:39 PM
10/09/05 03:39 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
What is with this idea that all these fetuses are innocent? I mean, where do murderers and criminals come from?
Last time I checked, I didn't know, other than original sin, a fetus could do anything wrong. I mean, I don't see any fetuses on the corner of MLK Boulevard selling crack, do you? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Hell DoubleJ, if you could have aborted Hitler, you wouldn't. You would let that "innocent" live.
Of course not, I wouldn't kill any innocent child. As Don Andrew and EB said, environment plays a large part in what a person is. Granted, Hitler obviously had some mental issues, but what if he was adopted and sent to Costa Rica or some other far-away land from Germany? Do you think he still would've killed Jews?

Quote:

Besides, why is it we worry about not ending a life, but as soon as it comes out of the womb, interest is lost. C'mon, you all know I'm right.
Not really. I'm very much interested in education, for one. Also, I'm also concerned about the number of deadbeat parents we have in this country, as well as the number of people who don't support their children, be it financially, emotionally, etc.

Quote:

Unlike people on both sides, I'm honest. I don't care about the rights of criminals or these bunch of growing-bunch of cells in a tummy, I mean they get more attention and emotion than the rest of us, that is for sure.
I didn't realize I was being dishonest, apparently since we all disagree, we are dishonest! :rolleyes:

That notwithstanding, is it the governments priority to take care of your ass, or don't you think you should be expected to at least become a decent, productive member of society?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull