GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 473 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,966
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,678
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,548
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,916
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130562
09/26/05 02:03 PM
09/26/05 02:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
CNBC is reporting that Cindy Sheehan has just been arrested. No details yet.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130563
09/26/05 02:11 PM
09/26/05 02:11 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I am not surprised. I saw her on television at some kind of anti war rally, and as much as I do not wish to criticize someone who has lost a son in this war, her screeching is not doing the cause any good.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130564
09/26/05 02:24 PM
09/26/05 02:24 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I have to wonder just how many people knew that there was going to be this major protest in D.C. with over 150,000 people (by some accounts 250-300,000)??? Many at my work, and even my own kids had know clue. The CONSERVATIVE media is sure bypassing it (DJ)

I don't know the details of her arrest either, but damn!! Reminds of of the 60's/70's. Go Cindy! The conservative media may "love" to announce this kind of news but it may end up being a good thing for the Libs. People will at least be aware of it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130565
09/26/05 02:34 PM
09/26/05 02:34 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

She was arrested for the heinous "crime" of sitting down in front of the White House and then not obeying an order to "move along."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130566
09/26/05 04:58 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
I work in Georgetown, (Wash D.C.) on the weekends at a high end eyeglass store and people were just POURING into the city this past weekend from this event. The tour buses were whizzing by and traffic was no joke. We were watching it all on tv but it was only a couple of blocks down from the store. I was surprised not to have heard about it either, but yeah, it was crazy. People stayed until late , I drove by and saw people still carrying signs and stuff on the national mall. I love D.C.

PP

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130567
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Boy, for supposedly being so depressed and sad about losing her son in Iraq, I see her smiling quite a bit. She's nothing at this point than a glorified media whore who the antiwar left has thrust upon their shoulders as the fad of the moment.

Quote:
Many at my work, and even my own kids had know clue. The CONSERVATIVE media is sure bypassing it (DJ)
Thank God. I really could care less, and since it is her desire to put herself on TV, I think the stations that give it little time are doing us a favor by shutting her up. As I've already said in other threads/forums, she's prostituting the death of her son.

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130568
09/26/05 05:02 PM
09/26/05 05:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I feel for this woman, she lost a son. That has to be one of the worst tragedies in the world when a parent loses a child. I cannot even conceive the notion of losing one of my children.

She has every right to stage a protest. It is the fabric of this nation for the people to express their displeasures or feelings of disagreement through protests with something that the establishment may be doing or are involved in.

But, I take offense to her refering to terrorists as "freedom fighters," and her statemant that "America is not worth dying for!"

It scares me that many opportunist organizations are latching on to her like leaches, making her a poster child for their own agendas. I fear that she is being used by them. That they really don't care that she has lost a son.

I think that this woman, in her time of weekness and sorrow, has been taken advantage of and that the hatemongers are brainwashing her with more and more hate for our country itself. This woman has appeared in several speaking engagements, one of them for Lynne Stewart, a convicted Lawyer who provided communication and terrorist support to terrorists. This is what she said on behalf of convicted terrorist supporter Lynne Stewart :

"First, I want to give my little story about Lynne. Of course, you all have read To Kill a Mockingbird. Lynne is my human Atticus Finch. He did what he knew was right, but wasn’t popular. And that’s what Lynne was doing."

So this woman believes that Lynne Stewart was doing what she knew was right in acting as a messenger between Sheik Abdul Rockman and Usama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda network!

This frightens me very much. I will have to chalk this off to the fact that this woman may have understandably lost her mind because of the loss of her son.

But her losing her son, however horrible that may be, does not give her the right to desicrate our country itself and what it stands for. Let her demonstrate and protest all she wants, it is her right. Let her speak out against the war itself, it is her right. Let her speak out about the Presidents reasons for going to war. It is her right.

But no one living in this country should not ever be excused for calling a terrorist a freedom fighter, or for saying that the country that they live in, that gives them the protected right to protest and demonstrate, is not a country worth dying for. No one should ever be excused for supporting a convicted supporter of terrorism.

I hope that she is saying these things out of sheer anger, sorrow and emotion, and not out of her hate for this country itself.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130569
09/26/05 05:05 PM
09/26/05 05:05 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Do I feel bad she's lost a son? Yes.

Do I wish it hadn't happened? Yes.

Do I think she has exploited her sons death and the deaths of other sons and daughters for her own political gain? Absolutely.

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130570
09/26/05 05:10 PM
09/26/05 05:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't know. I can't imagine that anyone would want to gain, politically or otherwise, by the death of their child. It is every parents unltimate nightmare, to outlive a child. If I lost one of my children, I don't think I would want to open my eyes on another day, so strong is my love for them. I can't imagine why she is doing what she is doing, but given her circumstances, I'm willing to cut her a heck of a lot of slack.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130571
09/26/05 05:18 PM
09/26/05 05:18 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Boy, for supposedly being so depressed and sad about losing her son in Iraq, I see her smiling quite a bit. She's nothing at this point than a glorified media whore who the antiwar left has thrust upon their shoulders as the fad of the moment.

As I've already said in other threads/forums, she's prostituting the death of her son.
Instead of "prostituting the death of her son", I think his death just opened her eyes and motivated her to take action. Therefore she did, and she started up a peaceful organization. I have nothing wrong with that, and I don't see why anyone else should. We need more peace in a country filled with hatred.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130572
09/26/05 05:33 PM
09/26/05 05:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I don't know. I can't imagine that anyone would want to gain, politically or otherwise, by the death of their child. It is every parents unltimate nightmare, to outlive a child. If I lost one of my children, I don't think I would want to open my eyes on another day, so strong is my love for them. I can't imagine why she is doing what she is doing, but given her circumstances, I'm willing to cut her a heck of a lot of slack.
I feel just as you do SB about just the idea of losing one of my children. God forbid! And I cannot imagine her willingly looking to gain anything politcally from the death of her son. That is why I truly believe that she is not thinking straight and that the sharks around her are using her to further their own agendas and causes. In her doing this, willingly or not, what she is doing is telling the other parents whose sons and daughters are over in Iraq and Afghanastan, risking thier lives and protecting our lives, that their children are just killers and murderers. To say this about the sons and daughters of other parents, our own soldiers, and then in the same breath call the terrorists freedom fighters, is insane. And I really think that she may have gone insane in all of this.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130573
09/26/05 05:53 PM
09/26/05 05:53 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I can understand and would agree if Sheehan was simply trying to get publicity for herself, that she's exploiting her son. Personally, I sincerely don't think that's the case. If I'm wrong, time may tell us.

However, if she really really feels her son died in vain and/or died based on lies (which I think she does)why should she keep silent? I would be screaming from rooftops if it were my son (daughter), and I was left cheated out of seeing him live his life because he died before me, all based on untruths (which Sheehan claims). Hell, I'd be at the White House steps myself. Assuming her sincerity, and trying to relate to how I would feel had this been my child, I'm with her.

An option must never be to keep your mouth shut in such a case. What? Don't protest; Don't make waves. No, not on a cause that is close to you're heart and you believe in.

I'd be damned if I'd let someone tell me not to feel the way I feel or intimidate me into not expressing my opinions if I felt they were valid. Yes, even if it meant protesting and going to jail (which for someone like me, it would take a major thing like Sheehan's situation to let myself be thrown in the slammer) :p .

Heck during Viet Nam, there were protests/sit-ins/demonstrations constantly shown on the news (and we only had 3 stations back then)....and finally, I'd like to think with the help of these "people", the war ended.

Btw, I'm confident that Sheehan and the others wanted to go to jail, to bring attention to the protest/cause, which is being buried, considering the amount of people who attended. (Only CSPAN had a couple hour coverage of it Saturday), every other station just brief tidbits). I think whenever more than 100,000 people gather to protest an issue, it is a 'big' voice.

Ok, back to work for me. Don't have time to proof this. I hope there's no errors. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130574
09/26/05 06:31 PM
09/26/05 06:31 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
I don't have kids, so I can't even imagine what it's like to lose one. However, being a patriot and having parents of my own, I can say that if I or one of my sisters died for this country and my mom pulled some stunt like this, I would be so ashamed of her. Just imagine how this woman's son would feel if he could see what she's done to his cause. I have an enormous amount of respect for our troops and veterans, regardless of the cause for the war they fought. I think when one dies, especially in war, his/her memory should be honored, not exploited and made to seem worthless.

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130575
09/26/05 08:23 PM
09/26/05 08:23 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Did anyone see the pictures on this? She is smileing while they are taking her away. She looks like she is having a good time! Come on now. They should throw away the key!

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130576
09/26/05 08:40 PM
09/26/05 08:40 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Did anyone see the pictures on this? She is smileing while they are taking her away. She looks like she is having a good time! Come on now. They should throw away the key!

DS
She is smiling because several days ago she came right out and said that she was going there to get herself arrested.
As TIS sharply pointed out in her post, Sheehan's intent was to get arrested so that it would bring more attention to her cause.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130577
09/26/05 11:01 PM
09/26/05 11:01 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Whew, knowing that Osama is STILL at large, I feel so much safer knowing that Cindy is in custody now!!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130578
09/27/05 05:27 AM
09/27/05 05:27 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
Whew, knowing that Osama is STILL at large, I feel so much safer knowing that Cindy is in custody now!!
...as you should!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130579
09/27/05 06:49 AM
09/27/05 06:49 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:

Yeah, but then again maybe it is a step in the right direction after how she openly supported convicted terrorist supporter Lynne Stewart by saying:
"I want to give my little story about Lynne. Of course, you all have read To Kill a Mockingbird. Lynne is my human Atticus Finch. He did what he knew was right, but wasn’t popular. And that’s what Lynne was doing."

And by making statements saying that the terrorists who are killing our soldiers and have attacked our country are really freedom fighters. :rolleyes:

She hates the President for sending her son to war,which is fine with me. But by making statements like the ones above, she tells the parents of the other soldiers basically that their kids are murders and killers. She basically tells these parents that their kids fighting in the war are shit.

But your point is well taken. It's a disgrace that we still have not caught the bastard after 4 years.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130580
09/27/05 09:40 AM
09/27/05 09:40 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I have to wonder just how many people knew that there was going to be this major protest in D.C. The CONSERVATIVE media is sure bypassing it (DJ)
TIS
The media in general bypassed both demonstrations.
How many people knew that there was a pro-troops rally in washington on sunday?

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested #130581
09/27/05 10:19 AM
09/27/05 10:19 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] I have to wonder just how many people knew that there was going to be this major protest in D.C. The CONSERVATIVE media is sure bypassing it (DJ)
TIS
The media in general bypassed both demonstrations.
How many people knew that there was a pro-troops rally in washington on sunday?

DS [/b][/quote]I have a question about all of this. Where the hell do all these people find the time to attend all of these rallies?

Don't these people work for a living?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull