Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
...a 10 page research paper that's due the last Wednesday of this month that I've yet to begin...

The last Wed of this month is also the last day of this month, the 30th. Is that what you meant?

I tell yeah - a 10pp paper, due the 30th, I'd've started on the 28th and still aced it.

When I was in grad school, not only did we need to pass our classes and all, but, we had to take a Comprehensive Exam at the end that covered all our basic coursework throughout the entire program.

There were people studying MONTHS ahead of time to prepare for it.

For something so important, I gave it 4 DAYS to prepare instead of two. Yeah, of course I passed it just fine. And it's not like I finished reading any of those boring-ass textbooks, either.

I might as well continue being off-topic with another story:

My "technique" didn't work as well all the time in undergrad, though -- but, there were some classes I attended only once or twice all year, never having read the book, that I still passed:

I was a computer wiz (geek/dork/etc) in high school, even to the point that I was correcting the teacher now and then.

Of course, college was tougher - but I was too busy "enjoying the experience" that I couldn't be bothered going to all my classes. For CompSci, I went like 3 times in the beginning of the semester, and never went back. [Disclaimer: I do NOT condone this behaviour!!] When it came time for the final, I asked some girl in my dorm when it was -- cuz I had no idea, having never gone! She wasn't in my class, but, took the same course. I figured, good enough. I went to her final exam, took the test, and since I didn't recognize anyone there at all, I wrote my prof's name on the top saying this was for his class.

Go figure, a few days later, I get called to his office. Cuz apparently he found my exam pushed under his office door, and, upon reviewing it, the computer programming code question was written out so perfectly that he actually accused me of cheating!!!!

I go there, and tell him: listen -- I know how to write code, and, knowing that that was worth a majority of the test, I did that part first. Rather than rushing thru it at the end like everyone else probably did.

(I'm smawt! I can handle tings!)

Well, in the end, good thing I convinced him. And I never lied or cheated -- I actually was able to pass the entire course without attending or studying for it.

But maybe that's just me....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations